Prometheus footage to be screened at Cine Europe this tuesday June 28!!

Started by Squidlovez, Jun 27, 2011, 04:45:44 AM

Author
Prometheus footage to be screened at Cine Europe this tuesday June 28!! (Read 17,216 times)

ikarop

There wasn't any footage shown at the expo according to this: http://twitter.com/#!/DavidMPinedo/statuses/85795227943710720

Hopefully there will be some recordings or write-ups about what the cast and Ridely said.

Darkness

What a f**king prick.

I see he's deleted the previous tweet that said there would be footage.

predxeno

Keyes

Shame nothing was shown, but it's not like we could have seen it anyway. Just would be nice if we could find out what Ridley and co had to say.

ikarop

Quote from: Darkness on Jun 28, 2011, 07:51:09 PM
What a f**king prick.

I see he's deleted the previous tweet that said there would be footage.
Actually the news about the footage came from The Hollywood Reporter not him: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/10-things-matter-at-cineeurope-205725

I guess he simply didn't care to confirm it before running the story. Not his fault really.

scarhunter92

Interwebs... I AM DISAPPOINT.

predxeno

Quote from: ikarop on Jun 28, 2011, 08:14:42 PM
I guess he simply didn't care to confirm it before running the story. Not his fault really.

Maybe these same people didn't bother to confirm the existence of Aliens in this film or not, either.

Sharp Sticks

Maybe he just couldn't see the screen from behind those giant streamer things.

Oh well.

ThisBethesdaSea

I bet footage was screened but it wasn't supposed to get out? Clearly based off that image something was going to be shown?

Squidlovez

so disappointing... comic con is our next step.

Valaquen

QuoteScott and his two top cast members flew directly to CineEurope from the Prometheus set in Pinewood, London but did not bring any footage from the new, top secret project. They remained cagey during a Q&A session, only letting a few details of the film slip out. Scott acknowledged that Prometheus, while not a direct prequel to Alien, occupies the same general universe, saying the picture was inspired by a desire to explore the mystery of the "space jockey" the giant fossilized creature with the burst-open chest seen in the first Alien movie but never explained.

Scott also confirmed that the film's title is the name of a space ship sent from earth by an all-powerful corporation of the kind familiar to fans of the Alien franchise. The mythical reference - in Greek mythology, Prometheus stole fire from the gods to give to man -- is deliberate.

"The (space) journey, metaphorically, is about a challenge to the gods," Scott said. But Scott's ambitions with Prometheus go far beyond simply restarting a hit franchise. The British director said the film's storyline, and script by David Lindelof, was partially inspired by the writings of legendary Swiss sci-fi writer Eric van Daniken.

More:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ridley-scott-michael-fassbender-noomi-206321

Pn2501

this is sounding more like shadow 19 with every detail released.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed