Marvel's Alien (Volume 2) - Alien: Icarus

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 20, 2022, 08:50:29 AM

Author
Marvel's Alien (Volume 2) - Alien: Icarus (Read 39,374 times)

Corporal Hicks

If you mean on AvP Galaxy, we've got a retrospective review and an interview coming up, but they are big pieces of work that are taking longer to get finished. But they'll come. :)

TilotnyWorshiper28

Prez

Prez

Keyline work is great but I wish they'd learn about using the right colour palettes and tones. Alien isn't meant to be vibrant in colour. It's more about muted tones.

Also not to nitpick as I don't know the full context yet but that cityscape looks nothing remotely akin to the functional low-fi style we've seen in the films.

SiL

Also what films have the comic artists and writers been watching that they think this is how Aliens kill people.

They bite you in the head or they explode out of your chest, they've never been for this slasher movie nonsense.

HuDaFuK

To be fair there was some pretty slasher-y stuff in Tristan Jones' rampage panels.

SiL

He's one of the people I had in mind when I wrote that post.

HuDaFuK

TilotnyWorshiper28

them doing slasher stuff doesn't bother me lol

Still Collating...

Now that's how you draw Aliens! Beautiful and dynamic. Liking the artwork a lot.

Quote from: Prez on Sep 02, 2022, 02:11:22 AMKeyline work is great but I wish they'd learn about using the right colour palettes and tones. Alien isn't meant to be vibrant in colour. It's more about muted tones.

Also not to nitpick as I don't know the full context yet but that cityscape looks nothing remotely akin to the functional low-fi style we've seen in the films.

I have the same problem with the newer comics, I really miss those muted tones from the old DH years. I don't know why the new coloring looks so fake to me in most of the newer comics in recent memory. Not all, like the start of Defiance, but Gibson's Alien 3 was really bad as far as that coloring goes.

I hope for more dark, muted, maybe even grimdark coloring in the future. Like Tribes. Still, this is okay for now. I'm just happy we're getting decent artwork again.

SiL

A lot of DH comics were brightly coloured. The first thing I thought of seeing those previews was Kidnapped.

Thatguy2068

Oh look they actually did something more than tracing

BlueMarsalis79

They hired an artist this time.

Thatguy2068

I'm sorry that I let my last post to be a downer, at that certain point I wasn't feeling any hope For the franchise, now I'm back with some little more help since the prey came out With good reception

Prez

Quote from: SiL on Sep 02, 2022, 07:44:51 PMA lot of DH comics were brightly coloured. The first thing I thought of seeing those previews was Kidnapped.

... yer but they didn't ramp up the saturation and contrast to 100 in Photoshop  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed