The Predator: Hunters And Hunted Official Movie Prequel

Started by felix, Dec 13, 2017, 09:51:09 PM

Author
The Predator: Hunters And Hunted Official Movie Prequel (Read 33,075 times)

Ultramorph

To be fair, the second Rage War book sort of gave them an out with the "Arcturus settlers who cut ties with humanity." Implies that even though there are E.T. Arcturians, there are also humans who live with them.

The Old One

The Old One

#76
Nadda, this is one of the few things with this fictional universe I like that I won't move on, I'll die on this sword if need be. Arcturians shan't be E.T.


Wysps

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jul 20, 2018, 10:51:55 PM
To be fair, the second Rage War book sort of gave them an out with the "Arcturus settlers who cut ties with humanity." Implies that even though there are E.T. Arcturians, there are also humans who live with them.

That was my interpretation of the Arcturians as well, the information that the Rage War novels gave us (which wasn't really much to be honest.)

Corporal Hicks


Jesscobb

Hicks any mention of the upgrade, in the novel?

Corporal Hicks

Just a small reference to other Predators tinkering with themselves.

Wweyland

Thanks for the review, will be getting this book soon.

I hope there is more connecting tissue between this and the movie novelization.
Not like Covenant and Covenant Origins which were written out of order with zero connections.

Corporal Hicks

The book is out today! My interview with Jim will be going up tomorrow.  :)

HuDaFuK

Off to the cheap books warehouse again this weekend, hoping they'll have a copy!

Xenomrph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 31, 2018, 08:59:14 AM
The book is out today! My interview with Jim will be going up tomorrow.  :)
My copy should be arriving today! I just need to find the time to read it (and a million other books - I haven't even finished Cold Forge yet because I'm juggling too many things in my spare time. It's the burden of having too many hobbies and being involved in too many fandoms. :P

yautjapet

yautjapet

#85
Just finished the book. I really liked the predator as a character, and there were lots of chapters from his perspective and hints of lore to keep me happy! There were a couple bits that could prove intriguing for the movie...

Spoiler


I'm curious as to why Keyes deliberately let the predator escape, and if, as speculated in the very end, the pred really did manage to send a transmission out before the gauntlet explosion.
[close]

HybridNewborn

My copy has arrived! Looking forward to sitting down with it :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

#87
Quote from: yautjapet on Aug 01, 2018, 12:27:30 AM
Just finished the book. I really liked the predator as a character, and there were lots of chapters from his perspective and hints of lore to keep me happy! There were a couple bits that could prove intriguing for the movie...

Spoiler


I'm curious as to why Keyes deliberately let the predator escape, and if, as speculated in the very end, the pred really did manage to send a transmission out before the gauntlet explosion.
[close]

Spoiler
Was it meant to be Keyes? I thought it was one of Traeger's random allies.
[close]


Quote from: HybridNewborn on Aug 01, 2018, 02:32:46 AM
My copy has arrived! Looking forward to sitting down with it :)

Enjoy.


I've decided to wait until Friday to release the poddy. Give people a chance to read through the book.


yautjapet

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 01, 2018, 07:51:29 AM
Quote from: yautjapet on Aug 01, 2018, 12:27:30 AM
Just finished the book. I really liked the predator as a character, and there were lots of chapters from his perspective and hints of lore to keep me happy! There were a couple bits that could prove intriguing for the movie...

Spoiler


I'm curious as to why Keyes deliberately let the predator escape, and if, as speculated in the very end, the pred really did manage to send a transmission out before the gauntlet explosion.
[close]

Spoiler
Was it meant to be Keyes? I thought it was one of Traeger's random allies.
[close]


Oh yes, I went back to check and you're right:
Spoiler
Keyes examines the predator earlier, and when the man comes in to let the pred escape, the pred think that he hasn't seen this human before. I think I just misread because the man was described as pale and blonde and I automatically thought of Keyes!
[close]

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed