More Casting: ROOM breakout Jacob Tremblay to star in Shane Black's The Predato

Started by ace3g, Jan 25, 2017, 05:30:11 PM

Author
More Casting: ROOM breakout Jacob Tremblay to star in Shane Black's The Predato (Read 44,713 times)

The Alien Predator

Very interesting, I am excited to see how this all plays out in the movie!

BishopShouldGo

The first casting news I'm legitimately excited about. Kid is talented.

RakaiThwei

That rumored plot sounds more, and more like it's real.

skhellter

so it's gonna feel like

Super 8
but R-Rated, with Predators and actually well directed and well written.
:laugh:

No lens flares this time around, too.

RakaiThwei

Not sure I like the idea of the kid learning Predator language. I mean isn't it usually consisting with grunts and clicks anyway?

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Jan 25, 2017, 06:14:23 PM
'I am quite sure this will be met with howls of derision, probably aimed at me, but whatever - this is what I have heard...

A special-ops tough guy is in a jungle taking down a target. He quite literally stumbles across an invisible being - a dead Predator. So he grabs the Predator's equipment, takes down his target and goes home (he may blow up a Predator ship, I am not sure I remembered this bit quite correctly). When he gets home, his 12-year-old son happens to see the alien equipment that his dad brought back. The father reluctantly tells him what he knows. And it's about then that another Predator tracks them down, with the intention of taking the equipment back...

I heard this from a very reputable source (using throwaway to protect that source if indeed this is true), and given Black's penchant for wise-cracking kids, it really does fit his MO'
Well that sounds f*cking horrible. What in the Hell is Shane Black thinking!?

Infected

skhellter

skhellter

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jan 25, 2017, 06:20:47 PM
Not sure I like the idea of the kid learning Predator language. I mean isn't it usually consisting with grunts and clicks anyway?

Having a child prodigy/autistic kid understand some of the patterns/words is fine, imo.

Not really realistic, mind you.. as people with autism often struggle with learning other languages, etc.
but it's a predator film and realism isnt really the name of the game so whatever.

goose_3387

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Jan 25, 2017, 06:14:23 PM
'I am quite sure this will be met with howls of derision, probably aimed at me, but whatever - this is what I have heard...

A special-ops tough guy is in a jungle taking down a target. He quite literally stumbles across an invisible being - a dead Predator. So he grabs the Predator's equipment, takes down his target and goes home (he may blow up a Predator ship, I am not sure I remembered this bit quite correctly). When he gets home, his 12-year-old son happens to see the alien equipment that his dad brought back. The father reluctantly tells him what he knows. And it's about then that another Predator tracks them down, with the intention of taking the equipment back...

I heard this from a very reputable source (using throwaway to protect that source if indeed this is true), and given Black's penchant for wise-cracking kids, it really does fit his MO'

Just have The Predator as a prequel to AvPR and bring Wolf back. Wolf deserves to be in a good movie.

lv_226

Predator_Spirit

In predator 2 the hunter was about to transform a kid into pulp but now the predators are Child Psychiatrists ? :laugh:

skhellter

skhellter

City Hunter let that kid in Predator2 go unharmed.
And he let a pregnant woman (that was trying to kill him) go unharmed, too.

And a certain amount of different behaviour from different members of 1 species is pretty normal stuff...

Federick Gonsa

goose_3387

It will be interesting to see how the other characters are involved in the father/son story. The Predator is going to need to kill some guys at some point.

timmay

timmay

He could do it by figuring out the written words...he maybe able to read "predator" but not speak it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed