August/September Update

Started by molasar, Aug 19, 2020, 02:43:03 PM

Author
August/September Update (Read 41,116 times)

Kailem

Kailem

Yeah no mention of any sort of "hey, if you bought the previous Dutch DLC you get this one for free for a limited time" or anything like that, just straight-up "buy him again!" And you know all the voice lines are going to be the same ones we already got in the current version as well, so it won't even have that going for it.

Chances are that because I'm a damn fool I'll still end up getting it anyway, but I might at least wait a little to see if there are any new voice lines at all. But it's hard not to see this as the calculated move it is. They knew full-well that if they put the original Dutch skin out first rather than the "old Dutch" we got that everyone would have just bought that and be done with it. This way they know there's a lot more chance they can get people to double-dip.

I get it, it's Dutch. But still, I doubt too many people would have been disappointed with Harrigan or Royce, or even a character from the comics, perhaps. I'd totally be down with an Enoch Nakai fireteam DLC too.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kailem on Aug 25, 2020, 07:56:19 PM
Yeah no mention of any sort of "hey, if you bought the
I get it, it's Dutch. But still, I doubt too many people would have been disappointed with Harrigan or Royce, or even a character from the comics, perhaps. I'd totally be down with an Enoch Nakai fireteam DLC too.

Before we get those, we have to complete the Dutch collection!

Dutch 2025
Dutch 1987
Baby Dutch
Teenager Dutch
Old Man Dutch
Arm Wrestling Dutch
Thumb Wrestling Dutch
Double Dutch
Triple Dutch
Dutch's Twin
Dutch's Triplett
Dutch's Clone
Dutch 8
Anti-Dutch
Ninja Dutch
Retired Dutch
Cybernetic Dutch

;D

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

It's a "bull-shot" which is pretty standard for videogames. Just a really good (oftentimes photoshoped) image to get the general point across since for promos you often can't get certain poses in-game. So they take it and dress the image up or pose the model. 

Both incarnations of Dutch are important for different reasons more or less that 2025 is the first time Arnold has been officially back, and 87 because the game's based on the first movie and anything related to that holds a bit of weight to the fanbase. Monetary reasons of course is why this happens in the first place but even getting it at all is huge given how Arnold historically just doesn't come back for these. I doubt he has any new lines but this being what it is I don't doubt it'd sell. Now if we get a third version of Arnold that isn't as distinct we'd have a problem but this isn't Battlefront's Millenium Falcons all over again.

I wouldn't be surprised if within the 2.0 update we get the other masks due to the 87 connection. While AVP and Predators did have three masks, we know of Berserker and Scar and I don't know why we'd get Scar's mask for free when you'd think that'd be a selling point for the character class. I feel like it'd make more sense now that I think about it that it's going to be Jungle Hunter and its derivatives before they move on.

The original mask

2010 classic

And I'd wager it's either some Amengi (original suit Predator) inspired mask or it's getting to use the mask on Dutch's shoulder.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 25, 2020, 10:05:32 PM
Quote from: Kailem on Aug 25, 2020, 07:56:19 PM
Yeah no mention of any sort of "hey, if you bought the

Before we get those, we have to complete the Dutch collection!

Dutch 2025
Dutch 1987
Baby Dutch
Teenager Dutch
Old Man Dutch
Arm Wrestling Dutch
Thumb Wrestling Dutch
Double Dutch
Triple Dutch
Dutch's Twin
Dutch's Triplett
Dutch's Clone
Dutch 8
Anti-Dutch
Ninja Dutch
Retired Dutch
Cybernetic Dutch

;D

No joke Voodoo, I'd pay to see a Hunting Grounds equivalent to the AVP Arcade Dutch.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Aug 25, 2020, 10:14:04 PM
Now if we get a third version of Arnold that isn't as distinct we'd have a problem but this isn't Battlefront's Millenium Falcons all over again.

In my humble opinion it would have been wiser to break up the two Dutchs with an alternate Fire team DLC.

QuoteNo joke Voodoo, I'd pay to see a Hunting Grounds equivalent to the AVP Arcade Dutch.

I have my eyes on a different cyborg...

https://twitter.com/FnVoodooMagic/status/1296167216321302535?

molasar

molasar

Predator: Hunting Grounds Signed Poster & Dutch 87 DLC (US only sweepstake)

'Three winners will each receive a Predator: Hunting Grounds poster signed by Dutch himself and one code for the Dutch '87 DLC for PS4 or PC.'

https://gleam.io/O46rR/the-original-returns-sweepstakes

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

The actual model:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think that looks pretty good!

molasar

molasar

Higher resolution

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Well.... It's a likeness. Could be worse I guess. I do think the City Hunter modeler got more work.  :-\

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 26, 2020, 07:58:53 AM
I think that looks pretty good!

You think? I don't know. The eyes are all wrong, throwing off the entire model I think. Illfonic did such a better job with Dutch 2025...

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

I have a feeling his head model is an altered version of his 2025 appearance. Given how the models in Hunting Grounds works with heads being separate parts (at least on Predator), it might be that in order to save time they used an existing Arnold head (2025) to build 87 Dutch off of. Whether that got a slight remodel or not that would explain the weird features.

He kind of looks like modern Arnold just aged back and so if they used that head as a baseline it could just be modern Dutch elements shining through.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Aug 26, 2020, 12:52:30 PM
I have a feeling his head model is an altered version of his 2025 appearance. Given how the models in Hunting Grounds works with heads being separate parts (at least on Predator), it might be that in order to save time they used an existing Arnold head (2025) to build 87 Dutch off of. Whether that got a slight remodel or not that would explain the weird features.

He kind of looks like modern Arnold just aged back and so if they used that head as a baseline it could just be modern Dutch elements shining through.

Could be. For instance, Arnold's nose is not the shape it used to be, which comes from age. The nose never stops growing in life.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Back in 87, his forehead wrinkles weren't very clear. infact he had very tight skin at his age. I think the texturing work is just a copy paste over from 2025.

Kailem

Kailem

I see what you mean about the eyes, but for me the most distracting thing is the hair. I'm getting John Cena vibes more than I am 80's Arnold Schwarzenegger there. It just looks a little bit too full, at least from those angles.

molasar

Galactus123

Galactus123

The model could be better. Shouldn't his hair color be a bit lighter?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed