August/September Update

Started by molasar, Aug 19, 2020, 02:43:03 PM

Author
August/September Update (Read 41,131 times)

Tichinde

Tichinde

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Aug 21, 2020, 11:31:08 PM
Quote from: Tichinde on Aug 21, 2020, 11:20:14 PM
Lmao. I basically ignore the cloak, I'm less hunter more warrior. I also Don't know how it works, people spot me while crouching anyway, so I just don't know

Movement will show the shimmer. Players already looking for you can also spot you before you stop and become fully invisible. Switching to thermal will also make a sound and cause your eyes to briefly glow which FT can also spot. Predator also makes sounds which can lead players right to you. It's always good to stay on the move when cloaked.

In my experience playing both FT and Predator they tend to be in the same spots anyhow so players will know to check certain locations ahead of time.

Thanks. This is helpful, I didn't know you could become FULLY invisible at all. I will definitely use this knowledge in future games. Problem is though, Samurai's cloak lasts about 20-25 seconds iirc so it's practically useless for long term engagements, and like you said it makes a noise the fireteam can hear whenever you decloak

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Tichinde on Aug 22, 2020, 01:29:31 AM
Thanks. This is helpful, I didn't know you could become FULLY invisible at all. I will definitely use this knowledge in future games. Problem is though, Samurai's cloak lasts about 20-25 seconds iirc so it's practically useless for long term engagements, and like you said it makes a noise the fireteam can hear whenever you decloak

Well that depends, do you thermal at the same time cuz that combo drains energy like crazy. I haven't used Samurai much so I didn't realize if cloaking time is low or not. I would supplement this weakness with the large extra energy battery or the perk that decreases cloaking energy consumption.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 21, 2020, 07:01:12 PM
I never use the trees anymore as a Predator. I find it always leaves me too vulnerable. Landing upon or hiding behind rocks, hills and structures via lots of jumping has been my preferred m.o.

Thats a very good unorthodox tactic as people would be used to engaging with a Pred in trees first and not for the one who just plasma showered you ground level behind a tree. I crouch after shooting from treetop while I see Fireteam try and figure out where it came from before I sneak in another so even if they hit at my direction, less of a chance bullets will hit me as thats not where my head is at, thats just empty air lol.

Which reminds me, am I the only one who wants the original plasmacaster soundfx from the first film? The recent ones always sound like those $1 ray gun toy sounds.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Aug 23, 2020, 08:16:14 PM
Which reminds me, am I the only one who wants the original plasmacaster soundfx from the first film? The recent ones always sound like those $1 ray gun toy sounds.

That would definitely be cool, but lower on my personal list of issues I guess.  :)

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Aug 23, 2020, 08:16:14 PM
Thats a very good unorthodox tactic as people would be used to engaging with a Pred in trees first and not for the one who just plasma showered you ground level behind a tree.

It enables you to use that advantage in third person when hiding behind a tree as a Predator. You can rotate your camera around and see 'em coming when the Fireteam cannot!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I can't decide if that image is an in-game model or not?

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 25, 2020, 03:02:51 PM

It looks like his head is photoshopped on the model

Bug hunt wilson

Bug hunt wilson

I wish that xbox one users can get this game to

Lost_Hunter

Lost_Hunter

I don't think the head is but the arm and gun are definitely a model. Looks cool, I'll be throwing down for this. It would be nice if Illfonic through in a map from the original movie. Billy's log, the waterfall, just spit ballin.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

What in the drunk photoshopping world.....

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 25, 2020, 03:02:51 PM

Might be a combo of both. There's things not matching, and stuff that looks totally photo real.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

It's definitely a hybrid at the very least of this 1987 promotional pic, perhaps another bodybuilder stand-in and/or a game model.

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Lost_Hunter on Aug 25, 2020, 04:04:53 PM
I don't think the head is but the arm and gun are definitely a model.

I meant that they used AS head from the film promo photo and put it on 3D model.
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 25, 2020, 04:14:35 PM
What in the drunk photoshopping world.....

https://i.ibb.co/p0LQgr2/Screenshot-20200825-121226-Samsung-Internet.jpg

I have noticed this 3D clipping too.

Sexual tyrannasuarus

Sexual tyrannasuarus

Where's Danny Glover damnitt!?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

If assumptions are correct, it is such an odd choice to superimpose Arnold's live film head on a game model that will be paid content, rather than using the game model's legitimate head. False advertising? We'll see. I've already crossed paths in the Illfonic forums with people believing what we see in that pic will be Dutch 1987's actual in-game head, already setting themselves up for a fall if the ingame head fails to live up to expectations.

For a while everything felt managed well by Illfonic in my humble opinion. Then not capitalizing on Predators 10th anniversary, offering Alpha for free so soon after people sometimes paid absorbent prices to seek out the codes, not staggering fireteam releases with Predators to offset the wait times, the worst paid DLC yet where the City Hunter is broken in so many ways and still hasn't been patched a month after players paid, and now the way the (paid) Dutch 1987 is being handled so far just boggles the mind. :-\

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 25, 2020, 07:19:28 PM
If assumptions are correct, it is such an odd choice to superimpose Arnold's live film head on a game model that will be paid content, rather than using the game model's legitimate head. False advertising? We'll see. I've already crossed paths in the Illfonic forums with people believing what we see in that pic will be Dutch 1987's actual in-game head, already setting themselves up for a fall if the ingame head fails to live up to expectations.

For a while everything felt managed well by Illfonic in my humble opinion. Then not capitalizing on Predators 10th anniversary, offering Alpha for free so soon after people sometimes paid absorbent prices to seek out the codes, not staggering fireteam releases with Predators to offset the wait times, the worst paid DLC yet where the City Hunter is broken in so many ways and still hasn't been patched a month after players paid, and now the way the (paid) Dutch 1987 is being handled so far just boggles the mind. :-\

I guess they do not have the final version of the head yet. Even another screenshot is not showing it in the blog article.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed