Aliens themed mod for Battlefield 2142

Started by Frosty98B, Jun 15, 2017, 09:22:48 AM

Author
Aliens themed mod for Battlefield 2142 (Read 41,931 times)

Still Collating...

Oh nice, loving the look. Looks like the real deal to me.

Frosty98B

Again, no texture yet. Just a short teaser. The reloading looks a bit odd but we had to use existing animations and these come from an assault rifle, so it kinda shows.

The Old One

The Old One

Loving the look of it, hopefully no C&D is forthcoming because the upcoming game is also a shooter.

Frosty98B

I'm sorry it takes so long but making a weapon with only one or two reference images at your disposal isn't the easiest thing to do. ;D

Still Collating...

Take your time. Personally, the last thing I want to see anymore are rushed games. Take all the time you need. I'm just glad to see this project's still going nicely along. Keep up the good work!

The Old One

The Old One

Agreed, retain your attention to detail, don't worry about the time.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Frosty98B on Jul 27, 2019, 04:16:22 PM
I'm sorry it takes so long but making a weapon with only one or two reference images at your disposal isn't the easiest thing to do. ;D

Oh, that is sexy. I don't think we've ever actually got one of the CMTM Scoped Rifles in anything other than the CCG.

Frosty98B

Still tried to hurry up a bit. :D It's clearly not finished yet but yay, I think there's been a nice progress.

Corporal Hicks

Oh, look at that glorious beast.

Still Collating...

Nice and chunky, as it should be.

The Old One

The Old One

So ready for it.
The design is good, the aesthetic is on point. 

Frosty98B

Frosty98B

I know it took some really long while to finish but those last bits were such a pain in the ass. Modelling of the scope's rubber hood alone took me about 8 hours. ;D

Type 88, a chinese bullpup sniper rifle from Battlefield 2, has animations which should work perfectly with the M42A. At least according to my calculations, haha. I'll try and hurry with the UV mapping, so the gun can actually be exported to the game and I'll let you, guys, know what I found out. :laugh:

One last thing, I have to mention an M42A-related forum thread which had a few images of the Scope Rifle's miniature model that gave me great insight when deciding how to model certain parts, mainly the barrel area.

A truly magnificent work by the user named CAIN MKII. ;)
If he'll ever read this, I'd just like him to know that he's my hero! 8)

JokersWarPig

Looking real good  8)

Frosty98B

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Aug 20, 2019, 03:13:56 PM
Looking real good  8)
Thanx! :-* Our texture artist who's been long gone came back out of nowhere and is now working on a proper texture for the M42A!

And we've got this beast. Though, only a placeholder model, it's quite fun to play with. :laugh:
Capable of locking on a target within the range of 100 meters and coming with both full-auto and four-round burst firing modes.

Frosty98B

Expect a little demo release soon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed