Legendary Encounters: Predator

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 23, 2015, 02:26:43 PM

Author
Legendary Encounters: Predator (Read 20,778 times)

PRJ_since1990

Completely agree. I'm doing another game night tomorrow eve so I will be sure to report the results. I will be adding some more "Drone deck" equivalents to see if it helps.

Corporal Hicks

It's already scaled up to add more than Alien isn't it?

PRJ_since1990

Not having played Alien in a bit, which I am displeased to admit, but it's roughly the same. It recommends more "Young Blood" cards per deck per player, scaled up only for the second and third minidecks. I believe the Alien game only wants the same number added to each deck based on players.

UPDATE!:
My 2 friends and I played the Predator movie game tonight. We actually, by the skin of our teeth, won. We did it. We "Got to the Choppa!"
We each were within 1 damage point from death. We were just able to coordinate and draw high power cards to keep the Wilds from getting full and pushing enemies into the combat zone.

Next week, we play Predator 2 and I can't wait!

Corporal Hicks

Congrats! Do you normally play 3 players?

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 16, 2015, 07:20:39 AM
Congrats! Do you normally play 3 players?
Thank you!  ;D The first couple games I played, only two players. We got wrecked. 3 seems to be the sweet spot yet again. However, if I had the numbers, I'd go full 5.

Anyone else having similar experiences? Sound off!

Corporal Hicks

I've only had the chance to play 3 games - 2 with 2 players and 1 with 3. We definitely got further with 3 players.

PRJ_since1990

Played another round of Predator last night with my 2 friends, running the Predator 2 human campaign. It went from 0-60 real quick. Each of my friends got taken out and I held out for several rounds as we completed all but the last objective. The first obj was surprisingly difficult due to the random element. By the time we completed it, we were deep into obj 2 and had found all the clues before so we instantly completed the second obj and that's when the fun really began.

All in all, thoroughly enjoying this game. Hope to beat Predator 2 next week! It crushed us round one, so we all have scores to settle.

Corporal Hicks

Holy shit! We actually managed to complete a game of co-op last night! My buddy and I decided to give Predator 2 a go. It was hard, still, but we managed the game a lot better and seems like the Predator 2 cast were more useful than the Predator one. Really enjoyed it.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 04, 2015, 08:42:11 AM
Holy shit! We actually managed to complete a game of co-op last night! My buddy and I decided to give Predator 2 a go. It was hard, still, but we managed the game a lot better and seems like the Predator 2 cast were more useful than the Predator one. Really enjoyed it.
Sweet man. I have yet to host another game night... life has gotten in the way and a few cancellations on both parties part but will hopefully get a game in tomorrow with the family. My cousins are 14 and 18 and they love the game.

Corporal Hicks

And just beat Predator! Different group of friends (3 players in total) this time around. It looked like it was going bad and then we cleared out a nice swatch. It kept swinging that way but we had some really lucky moments. One particular player took all the marks and me and the other kept drawing all the Events that triggered off marks. One player kept surviving by the skin of his teeth. It was a really funny, well worked and very lucky match!

Now to try more of the competitive side! And I still need to buy some proper sleeves and not use the flimsy cheapo ones I'm using now.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 08, 2015, 10:50:51 PM
And just beat Predator! Different group of friends (3 players in total) this time around. It looked like it was going bad and then we cleared out a nice swatch. It kept swinging that way but we had some really lucky moments. One particular player took all the marks and me and the other kept drawing all the Events that triggered off marks. One player kept surviving by the skin of his teeth. It was a really funny, well worked and very lucky match!

Now to try more of the competitive side! And I still need to buy some proper sleeves and not use the flimsy cheapo ones I'm using now.
Best get the ultra pro colored matte sleeves. Bought them in 50/100 packs. Really nice feel and color coded is absolutely necessary lol

Corporal Hicks

Will definitely be getting Ultra Pro. They're what I always use for card game (they're what my Legendary Alien is in). Just tends to cost a nice chunk for a big box like this so I use those cheap penny ones until I get around to buying the proper sleeves.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 09, 2015, 08:13:46 AM
Will definitely be getting Ultra Pro. They're what I always use for card game (they're what my Legendary Alien is in). Just tends to cost a nice chunk for a big box like this so I use those cheap penny ones until I get around to buying the proper sleeves.
Def a wise choice. Hate for a great and very limited game get ruined by heavy play when all it takes are a few millimeters of plastic to protect them.

I feel as though this thread hasn't had much attention lately. Is anyone else still playing? Let's hear about it!

Corporal Hicks

Just come back from my buddy's house. We did a 2 player vs. game as the Predators. It was a fair bit slower but still quite enjoyable. I'd love to give it a go with more players, see how it goes.

Corporal Hicks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed