Crew Expendable and Last Survivor DLC Playthroughs

Started by Adam802, Oct 06, 2014, 10:38:13 PM

Author
Crew Expendable and Last Survivor DLC Playthroughs (Read 60,373 times)

ikarop

Pretty disappointed with Last Survivor. You get to the Narcissus and that's it. No alien being blown away into space or anything, you just escape. Oh well.

Taxemic

Yes I'd agree with that.

Also my one major issue with Crew Expendable is no weird pig snorting noise from Lambert as she's killed. It's done ok but it's something that was really distinctive in the film and her final scream in the film was terrifying.

On a plus I think the voice actor they got for Ash was very good.

Hudson

I get the gripe that reviews have had with Last Survivor cutting off abruptly, but I also don't think they couldn't have pulled off the sequence inside the Narcissus after that. They would have had to do a scripted Alien, because its AI doesn't have it sitting around staring at you like it does in the film.

Definitely agree on the death scene thing. They didn't try to replicate the audio and I really wish the music would've been from the movie.

Seegson

In terms of gameplay Last Survivor is AWESOME...i mean...when i was near the narcisus at the end...i really feel it...checking the motiin tracker like a mad, with the flame ready...stressss

Predatorium

Here's my playthrough of Last Survivor on hard. High quality, high frame rate. Played on PC.
http://www.twitch.tv/thehumanfly/c/5289376

Hudson

Quote from: Seegson on Oct 15, 2014, 04:35:40 PM
In terms of gameplay Last Survivor is AWESOME...i mean...when i was near the narcisus at the end...i really feel it...checking the motiin tracker like a mad, with the flame ready...stressss

Was really worried the Alien would get me from behind, but I'm also too afraid to actually check what's behind me. I feel like if I look at the Alien, it'll see me. Completely irrational and childish, but that's how the game makes me feel.

Predatorium

Quote from: ikarop on Oct 15, 2014, 12:50:05 PM
Pretty disappointed with Last Survivor. You get to the Narcissus and that's it. No alien being blown away into space or anything, you just escape. Oh well.

If you look around in Narcissus in the beginning of the DLC you can clearly see that they made a hole for the alien to lay in just like in the movie. I think they wanted to make longer but for whatever reason it was not.

Darkness

Finally played the Last Survivor DLC. Only died once which was when the alien suddenly grabbed me from an above vent. But yeah, as other people said, disappointed we never got some kind of QTE blowing the creature out.

Hudson

Quote from: Darkness on Oct 18, 2014, 05:07:47 PM
Finally played the Last Survivor DLC. Only died once which was when the alien suddenly grabbed me from an above vent. But yeah, as other people said, disappointed we never got some kind of QTE blowing the creature out.

It's too bad that wasn't in there, but I don't know how they would've worked that sequence.

Kimarhi

on my playthrough on PS4 for crew expendable nobody died...........?

Hudson

Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 19, 2014, 08:44:56 AM
on my playthrough on PS4 for crew expendable nobody died...........?

No one does.

Kimarhi

taxemic had me thinking I missed something.  Is there scripted death sequences in last survivor?

Hudson

Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 20, 2014, 05:51:45 AM
taxemic had me thinking I missed something.  Is there scripted death sequences in last survivor?

It begins with Parker and Lambert getting killed.

stemot

Quote from: Taxemic on Oct 15, 2014, 01:24:39 PM
On a plus I think the voice actor they got for Ash was very good.

IMDB says it's him:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000453/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Hudson

That's weird.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed