Box Office

Started by Ratchetcomand, Sep 07, 2007, 11:05:43 PM

How much money you think AvP-R will make at the US box office from what you have seen so far from the trailers?

15million
6 (9.2%)
25million
6 (9.2%)
50million
20 (30.8%)
75million
19 (29.2%)
over 100million
14 (21.5%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Voting closed: Jan 12, 2008, 11:33:36 PM

Author
Box Office (Read 24,401 times)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I think the movie will make $384,330,479 Worldwide.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

You guys are dreaming if you think it will make 300 million worldwide. The first, even when rated pg-13, made 178 million worldwide. This one is rated R and coming off of a mediocre movie. It will make less, but that is ok because it has a smaller budget.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Sep 08, 2007, 02:50:23 AM
You guys are dreaming if you think it will make 300 million worldwide. The first, even when rated pg-13, made 178 million worldwide. This one is rated R and coming off of a mediocre movie. It will make less, but that is ok because it has a smaller budget.

I'm pretty sure this movie will make a lot of money because it comesout on X-mass (That the time when most people go to the movies) and AVP has a big fanbase.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

Everyone was pissing themselves when they heard this was coming out in December, and if the Alien/ Predator franchises had loads of fans rooting for an AVP pre-Anderson there aren't as many tolerant ones left after the fact.

pred_alien

pred_alien

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Sep 08, 2007, 02:50:23 AM
but remember AVP got bad reviews and fans didnt like it...if fans like this and it gets reviews it has a chance to make 300 mil worldwide

Docta Jekyll

Docta Jekyll

300 million worldwide is so pushing it, honestly, not trying to hate, I want this movie to be successful, but I would be amazed if it hit 200 million worldwide

pred_alien

pred_alien

Quote from: Docta Jekyll on Sep 08, 2007, 04:14:56 AM
300 million worldwide is so pushing it, honestly, not trying to hate, I want this movie to be successful, but I would be amazed if it hit 200 million worldwide

in a way i want it to get 300 mil...because then FOX would make AVP3, but then again this might turn into halloween or friday the 13th with all those goddamned sequels

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Let wailt and find out what happens when AVPR comes out  ;).

Docta Jekyll

Docta Jekyll

Don't get me wrong, this making 300 million would rock, so much I can't describe, but I'm not going to get my hopes up

and if AVP-R makes even 200 million worldwide, or even matches AVP's worldwide gross, on a budget that seems considerably less then that of AVP, then you can bet you'll be getting AVP 3, Fox may even have enough faith to give us Predator 3, or Alien 5, although I would like to see how they handle Alien 5, continueing off of A:R, a generally dislikes entry in the series, which in turn was a continuation off of Alien 3, a film with mixed negative and positive views, so who knows.

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

My guess is anywhere from 110mil to 140mil

Craig

Craig

9 mill opening weekend. 90 mill worldwide.

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

My guess is it will make less than AVP...

For two reasons:

NO PG-13 - meaning , less broadeness in audiences will be seeing the movie

NO hype following AVP - which means that the target audience will be, mostly, fans...

Only fans will see it and that won't make the movie earn that much money, unless they all go see it three of four times...and the movie turns out to be exquisite, which will be asking too much from a crossover movie...

This movie's premise alone may actually keep many people away from seeing it...

Hell, I am a long Alien and Predator fan, and even I maintain a lot of reservations still...

This smalltown-setting is really throwing me off the movie... After the two recent leaked photos, my reservations regarding how the Alien would look in a human environment (e.g. top of a car) were absolutely correct and just got worse...

So, I think this movie MAY (big question mark on that) reach the AVP figures, but that is a quite optimistic scenario... ;)

pred_alien

pred_alien

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Sep 08, 2007, 02:45:37 PM

NO hype following AVP - which means that the target audience will be, mostly, fans...

this movie has no hype because they only released the GB trailer with one movie..and its not doing all too good in the BO...once they start putting on internet adds and TV spots itll build some hype...and according to imdb its starometer thingy rose 405%...thats alot

vortep

vortep

Well the first didn't take mutch but this is diferent stuff

.............................over 300,000,000 $

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Sep 08, 2007, 02:45:37 PM

For two reasons:

NO PG-13 - meaning , less broadeness in audiences will be seeing the movie

Just because it rated R that dons't mean it not going to make a lot of money. Rated R movies like 300,The Matrix Reloaded and Terminator 2: Judgment Day have made tons of movie at the box office.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed