Author
Facehuggers in AVP2 (Read 14,761 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: gameoverman on Aug 16, 2007, 07:29:33 AM
Quote from: Gates on Aug 16, 2007, 07:07:19 AM
Quote from: gameoverman on Aug 16, 2007, 06:50:48 AM
Quote from: Gates on Aug 16, 2007, 06:43:26 AM
...choice...having the facehuggers hatch for no reason and running around was really only seen in AvP...

And Alien 3.

Yeah well the whole concept of an egg even being on the Sulaco is absurd...but we can argue that it sensed it's victims in there cryotudes and took advantage of the situation...

Then how did the all of the colonists in Hadley's Hope get hugged?  In the beginning there would have been only one alien (Newt's dad's chestburster). 

I can't remember if it's the novel or script but the rest of the colonists go back to the Derelict after Newt's Dad goes to the colony. A load of colonists get infected and taken back to the colony. And there's your infestation.

Yautja_Devil

Yautja_Devil

Interesting but what does this have to do with AVP2? anyone?

Gates

Gates

Quote from: gameoverman on Aug 16, 2007, 07:29:33 AM

Then how did the all of the colonists in Hadley's Hope get hugged?  In the beginning there would have been only one alien (Newt's dad's chestburster). 

Maybe more colonists went back to the derelict to investigate what exactly happened and where it happened, keep in mind this is a colony of scientists, explores, and engineers; and they would be eager to investigate this new form of life and were it came from...more people got facehugged, they were brought back to the colony and one of them eventually gave birth to the queen...the question is in the numbers...lets say Newts dad birthed a regular drone, someone else a queen, maybe some other people gave birth to 2 more drones...at that point theres 3 drones and 1 queen...the queen would molt and soon begin to lay eggs...and the 3 drones start collecting hosts...next thing you know there's a massive amount of aliens being birthed and then not too far later there was a major attack, ergo, "last stand," "must of been a hell of a fight."

Personally I would like to see how the aliens go about amassing in numbers in the town were AsvP is set...that would be cool to see since we never have before...

Gates

Gates

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 16, 2007, 07:37:42 AM

I can't remember if it's the novel or script but the rest of the colonists go back to the Derelict after Newt's Dad goes to the colony. A load of colonists get infected and taken back to the colony. And there's your infestation.

There you go...

Yautja_Devil

Yautja_Devil

If you think about it this is the frst aliens movie set in the 'real world' in the first one it was a mining ship with only ten peopl on it(you know) then in Aliens it's some colony thats only been there for a few years, Aliens 3 was a prison colony at 'the ass end of space lol' then Alen REssurection was on another ship only it was a wcience ship.

SPEC. AGENT KEYES

SPEC. AGENT KEYES

Alen REssurection was on another ship only it was a wcience ship.
[/quote] gov't. ship. anyways the facehuggers have to be strong enough to exit the hive and be able to make it to someone's place. use the sewer system.

Yautja_Devil

Yautja_Devil

or they could put in the carrier alien from Extinction (rts game) that would look bad ass. Ultimate bad ass lol

SPEC. AGENT KEYES

SPEC. AGENT KEYES

Quote from: Yautja_Devil on Aug 16, 2007, 08:11:35 AM
or they could put in the carrier alien from Extinction (rts game) that would look bad ass. Ultimate bad ass lol
they wont use that. this movie is already set and they wont have that creature in it. the only one that I would want to see is the ravager from that game.

pete

pete

If lots of people get taken to hospital after getting 'huggered' won't this lead to a problem with continuity - unless everyone they interact with plus all hospital records and CCTV is then destroyed?

I would find it far scarier to be huggered in the middle of nowhere and left there to die a lonely death (isn't there a rumour of a father and son hunting trip getting attacked?). I imagine them stuck to a tree by Alien resin while the drones emerge.

Yautja_Devil

Yautja_Devil

or caught in a Pred net one of the two

pred_alien

pred_alien

Quote from: pete on Aug 16, 2007, 08:35:12 AM
If lots of people get taken to hospital after getting 'huggered' won't this lead to a problem with continuity - unless everyone they interact with plus all hospital records and CCTV is then destroyed?

I would find it far scarier to be huggered in the middle of nowhere and left there to die a lonely death (isn't there a rumour of a father and son hunting trip getting attacked?). I imagine them stuck to a tree by Alien resin while the drones emerge.

unless the pred nukes the place in the end

Bishop2

Bishop2

The script for Alien Resurrection had this concept in it that I loved... an alien moving along that has a facehugger riding on its head, skitting around the dome constantly until the alien passes by a potential host and the 'hugger finally leaps off.  I'd like to see that in a movie someday.  I get the feeling that this movie probably won't be overloaded with facehuggers though... if the aliens actually had the opportunity to form a beachhead on Earth, complete with loads of eggs, we'd all be screwed in our little cornholes!

Plokoon111

Plokoon111

My idea is to have the queen give orders to the eggs for them to open, about 50 eggs, and later that day all the facehuggers would travel along the resin covered sewer lines, and attack many places, and one of them being a school, where all the kids get facehugged, in a short amount of time. That would be scary, or have facehuggers attack a baby nursery. Jesus, that would be sad.

KillingJoke

KillingJoke

Quotean alien moving along that has a facehugger riding on its head, skitting around the dome constantly until the alien passes by a potential host and the 'hugger finally leaps off.  I'd like to see that in a movie someday. 

What...the...f**k...?

Thank God they took that out of the movie.

Gates

Gates

Well I don't know...if maybe the facehuggers clung to the drone's back, around the dorsal tubes...I don't think that would look too bad, at least better than them chillin' on their heads...and better than having facehuggers running around like cockroaches...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed