It's tomorrow portuguese fans, it's tomorrow the judgment day!

Started by luispaulo53, Jan 03, 2008, 12:02:04 AM

Author
It's tomorrow portuguese fans, it's tomorrow the judgment day! (Read 2,036 times)

luispaulo53

luispaulo53

I invite all the portuguese fans here registered to talk about what they thought about it! I'm going to see it tomorrow (premiere) at Arena shopping center.

luispaulo53

luispaulo53

Well I don't know what to say. It wasn't as bad as some people say but this is definitely worse that the first! The acting wasn't that bad at least to some of the character. I liked Johnny Lewis & Kristen Hager performances. But when I was seeing their scenes I was thinking all the time "Am I seeing an alien/predator movie?" It wasn't as dark as some of you say.

What I hated:

- Father & son performances;
-The new chet chestburster;
-Lack of character development;
-cheesy Lines;
- I have to see the movie again to point other things that I can't remember right now.

The dumbest thing about it! You could tell that the aliens and the predator were mad of plastic! When we see wolf in the chair and the chair turns to us you can see one of his mandibles swinging! And when one alien jumps to the helicopter one of his finger swings too. Pay attention to these two scenes and see.

Aeus

Quote from: luispaulo53 on Jan 04, 2008, 09:44:57 AM
The dumbest thing about it! You could tell that the aliens and the predator were mad of plastic! When we see wolf in the chair and the chair turns to us you can see one of his mandibles swinging! And when one alien jumps to the helicopter one of his finger swings too. Pay attention to these two scenes and see.

Indeed, some of the Aliens were poorly captured and Wolf's face was subpar.

NintendoMan

Quote from: Aeus on Jan 04, 2008, 11:40:21 AM

i agree with eveything u've said
but wolfs face???
c'mon it wasnt that bad at all
obviously not as good as the originals, but still looks good nonetheless
;)

Aeus

Quote from: predatorlover on Jan 04, 2008, 11:43:18 AM
Quote from: Aeus on Jan 04, 2008, 11:40:21 AM

i agree with eveything u've said
but wolfs face???
c'mon it wasnt that bad at all
obviously not as good as the originals, but still looks good nonetheless
;)

I wasn't to hot on it.

troll

Eh amanha a data de estréia aki no Brasil, estou mto ancioso.

''Tomorrow is the date for debut here in Brazil, I am very anxious.''

zecojones

zecojones

Well i'm another Portuguese fan...

Tugas ao poder!!!!

And the movie wasn't that bad, but the low budget was really noticeable.

The notion of time when the aliens pop out from the sewers and the city is completely overrun is very short, and i'm not even mentioning the "instant" chestburster to adult morph from the predalien and other aliens.

This movie would really benefit from a larger timespan, it rushes to much, a trademark from most alien movies, is that the development takes it's time, even in "Aliens" we can clearly see this (when i mean development i'm not just talking about character development, for example the battles in Aliens had some time between them, it helped to increase tension). Also the "shaky cam" action scenes were really bad in my opinion, i guess it was an attempt to avoid to show the aliens too much, since the suits didn't look that cool in fluid motion, all turns to budget again...

Well another thing not mentioned in the forums, if the movie story was like "Alien 5" with a single alien making havoc in the city, with an "Alien", "Alien 3" kind of terror tone, it could have been a really cool movie even in low budget.

For all that know portuguese: Somos os maiores!!!!!

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Well, just dropped by to say 'Olá' to my fellow Portuguese countrymen...

As most of you know, I have already seen it on New Year's Eve (some people would say 'hey, lucky you' but trust me, I wasn't...  My review's on the 'FAN REVIEW - Spoilers' thread)...

Let's just say I have seen Direct-to-DVD movies that were way more professionally filmed than this...and far better cinematic experiences as well...  ;D ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed