avpr for those who hated avp?

Started by luispaulo53, Dec 27, 2007, 02:47:35 AM

Author
avpr for those who hated avp? (Read 2,085 times)

luispaulo53

luispaulo53

i'm waiting for the january 3 to see the movie but i've heard so bad about it... does it deserves my money?

hell, i liked avp. everything was cool, the story, vfx, sfx, setting, alien queen... only the predators' face was bad, yes i can handle the speed up alien life cycle! anderson didn't gave us the greatest but he gave us a consistent movie. tank you for that. oh yes, the acting was shit here and there... i still gave it a 6 out of 10

now, about avpr. all that i heard about it is bad. story, acting, vfx, the predalien molt scene, the predalien's new chestburster.... hell i was with my hopes really high, now hell i hit the bottom.

it seems like avpr is extremely exaggerated. it's like, well avp didn't have gore let's put here gore enough for the two of them!

the ultimate question is: avpr is a good movie for those who hated avp or it is still enjoyable for those who liked avp?

Weasel

Weasel

Reguardless what the 5 people think that AVP is better than AVP-R, AVP-R is MUCH MUCH better and most people agree. See it for the action.

Dasani

Dasani

If you really need to see itwait to rent it from a video store/see it free on demand when it comes out. Don't waste your time and money on it in the theater.

bobcunk

bobcunk

now adays midio stores are around the same price as the cinames. my theaters are $4on tuesdays and my video stares are $6 to rent.

StealthHunter

Quote from: Weasel on Dec 27, 2007, 02:48:48 AM
Reguardless what the 5 people think that AVP is better than AVP-R, AVP-R is MUCH MUCH better and most people agree. See it for the action.

How exactly is it "MUCH MUCH better" than AVP?

Dasani

Dasani

Really? Shit, I live near a Mom and Pop store, that must be why. So, yeah, wait for it to come On Demand, for free.

Weasel

Weasel

Quote from: StealthHunter on Dec 27, 2007, 03:31:53 AM
Quote from: Weasel on Dec 27, 2007, 02:48:48 AM

How exactly is it "MUCH MUCH better" than AVP?

None of the following:

Predator/human teamup/makeout
Giant Queen
Fattie preds with armor that melts
WORSE acting. "I hope it kills every f**kING one of them'
No gore
PG-13 comical action and made for kids
Bad Story (Ooh, predators are responsible for the pyramids and used the mayans as their slave hosts.)
Boring as shit

I could go on.

Jango1201

Jango1201

The movie was better paced and the humans were given better screen time to develope and care for them. The gore was very good and was not over done. The action sequences were great and the feel of the movie was excellent. Im not speaking for anyone but myself so for those of you who have seen this movie and hate it... dont bash me

Dasani

Dasani

None of the following:

QuotePredator/human teamup/makeout
Glad this was done away with.

QuoteGiant Queen
Why don't you like the giant Queen again?

QuoteFattie preds with armor that melts
I have no problem with melting armor. It's melting weapons that bugged me.

QuoteWORSE acting. "I hope it kills every f**kING one of them'
The acting in Requiem was far worse than anyone in AVP.

QuoteNo gore
It's not the gore that I missed, it's the fact that everything was held back/softened.

QuotePG-13 comical action and made for kids
Comical action?

Weasel

Weasel

Quote from: Dasani on Dec 27, 2007, 03:47:06 AM
None of the following:

QuotePredator/human teamup/makeout
Glad this was done away with.

QuoteGiant Queen
Why don't you like the giant Queen again?

QuoteFattie preds with armor that melts
I have no problem with melting armor. It's melting weapons that bugged me.

QuoteWORSE acting. "I hope it kills every f**kING one of them'
The acting in Requiem was far worse than anyone in AVP.

QuoteNo gore
It's not the gore that I missed, it's the fact that everything was held back/softened.

QuotePG-13 comical action and made for kids
Comical action?

When has the queen ever been bigger than a t-rex? True the acting was bad but come on "Hunters moon". Barf. Aside from the grid/celtic fight the action was bad comic style.

Dasani

Dasani

It would make sense that the AVP Queen would be bigger than the Aliens one, the AVP Queen was far older. As for the acting, I'm willing to set it down as a matter of preference. The action, while bad, was not comical.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed