Neill Blomkamp Talks The (De) Evolution of Alien 3.2

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 09, 2017, 05:02:54 PM

Author
Neill Blomkamp Talks The (De) Evolution of Alien 3.2 (Read 68,050 times)

Vertigo

Quote from: PierreVW on Jul 14, 2017, 05:42:30 AM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 14, 2017, 12:23:23 AM
Quote from: PierreVW on Jul 14, 2017, 12:07:16 AM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 14, 2017, 12:03:14 AM
Quote from: PierreVW on Jul 13, 2017, 08:03:48 PM

Maybe FOX don't want Sigourney Weaver as the lead.

It's common with very old men: Harrison Ford, Sylvester Stallone, etc....

But I NEVER saw a big movie with an old woman(Sigourney Weaver) as the lead.

Well it's about time!

It's doubtful. Hollywood was and is sexist.

It's impossible a 70-80 million dollar film about a 70 year old woman(Sigourney Weaver).

I actually think Sigourney Weaver could be the exception to the rule.  People would come out to see that movie.  Especially with the dynamic of Hicks and Newt in tow?  Gangbusters!

Maybe if they got a really famous and current star. Someone like Jennifer Lawrence.

FOX doesn't have faith in NB and 2 really old actors: SW and Hicks.

That's probably the answer: casting someone young(ish) and hot as Newt, or a new main character.

It's exactly what they're doing with Blade Runner - Harrison Ford isn't expected to carry the box office, so they've cast irritating superhunk Ryan Gosling to fill out the posters.

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Tonyhartmorph on Jul 14, 2017, 01:39:30 AM
I hope Blomkamp never lives this down, it seems that every time he makes something half decent, hardcore  Aliens fans will claim he would have made an amazing film. He's going to be asked about it in every interview from here to kingdom come.

It's called Karma, bitch. Reap it.

You tried your hand and failed.

Well someones upset

FenGiddel

Must've woke up on the wrong side of the bed...   :(   Blomkamp has nothing to live down.  And I'd say he's reaping exactly what he's sown: consistent fan attention for his artful storytelling.  By getting asked about Alien 5 "in every interview from here to kingdom come" is like free publicity, innit?   ;D

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: FenGiddel on Jul 14, 2017, 02:13:21 PM
Must've woke up on the wrong side of the bed...   :(

In his case I think it's the wrong side of the box:laugh:

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 14, 2017, 07:24:37 AM
And only, from the looks of it. That's a shame. I was really hoping to learn more.

Yeah, unfortunately that was all he mentioned.

FenGiddel

Oh ye of little faith!   ;)   We all thought Spock was dead back in 1982...and he came back with a vengeance!   ;D   Of course, that may be a little before some of this bunch's time...

Perfect-Organism

Must've woke up on the wrong side of the bed...   :(   Blomkamp has nothing to live down.  And I'd say he's reaping exactly what he's sown: consistent fan attention for his artful storytelling.  By getting asked about Alien 5 "in every interview from here to kingdom come" is like free publicity, innit?   ;D

Yah, in time they will be making a documentary entitled Blomkamp's Alien.  The best sci-fi film never made.  This film has just gone to martyr status.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 14, 2017, 05:00:17 PM

Yah, in time they will be making a documentary entitled Blomkamp's Alien.  The best sci-fi film never made.  This film has just gone to martyr status.

The best sci-fi movie never made is Jodorowsky's DUNE, and there is a documentary about it.

Blomkamp's ALIENS 2 is just glorified fan-fiction meant to please ALIENS fans and Cameronites.

JokersWarPig

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Jul 14, 2017, 05:14:27 PM

The best sci-fi movie never made is Jodorowsky's DUNE, and there is a documentary about it.

Blomkamp's ALIENS 2 is just glorified fan-fiction meant to please ALIENS fans and Cameronites.

Alien 3 fans have such a disdain for Aliens and Cameron...I don't understand it but I find it hilarious.

tleilaxu

LOL. The ironic thing is it's painfully clear that Jodorowsky's  Dune would've been f**king GARBAGE. Thankfully, the good elements were salvaged to  make good movies.
I'm pretty sure people will start to appreciate AC more in the future. I can easily imagine some rabid Alien 5 "fanboy" of today turning 20 in a couple of years and realizing that "Wait a minute, this movie is actually good and has a lot of depth. I guess the I got caught up in the social media frenzy. Lesson learned: the highest upvoted comment is by no means necessarily the most correct comment. I will now have a more open mindset free of social media bias when viewing cinematic art in the future."

At the same time though, I truly hope this Alien 5 thing turns into a meme to haunt Blomkamp forever. Just imagine 20 years into the future, Blomkamp has just released the third part in his District 9 saga which is exactly the same thing as the first one except now the main character is a South African rapper with progeria whose best friend is a conscious  robot Walrus, trying to both fight social injustice and his rapid ageing at the same time. During the highly anticipated premier, Blomkamp is interviewed about the movie. The interview goes well, asking about the movie and the production hurtles etc. until the very last question, which would go something like this:
"District 11 has been quite an anticipated movie, but I think I speak for most people when I say that what the fans really  want is Alien 5. Are there any plans to resurrect this movie? *Editors note: De-aging the now 90 year old Sigourney Weaver in a respectable way is now technologically feasible*
Neill Blomkamp's face starts reddening, he stammers something which slightly resembles curses directed toward the now deceased Ridley Scott (may peace be upon him) before fleeing the scene with tears rolling down his cheeks.

Perfect-Organism

That's filthy, tleilaxu...

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jul 14, 2017, 05:19:13 PM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Jul 14, 2017, 05:14:27 PM

Alien 3 fans have such a disdain for Aliens and Cameron...I don't understand it but I find it hilarious.

Actually, I have no disdain for ALIENS and Cameron. I have disdain for the hype, over-appreciation and god status.

Quote from: tleilaxu on Jul 14, 2017, 05:51:00 PM
LOL. The ironic thing is it's painfully clear that Jodorowsky's  Dune would've been f**king GARBAGE.

I guess I was too subtle in my sarcasm...

QuoteI'm pretty sure people will start to appreciate AC more in the future. I can easily imagine some rabid Alien 5 "fanboy" of today turning 20 in a couple of years and realizing that "Wait a minute, this movie is actually good and has a lot of depth. I guess the I got caught up in the social media frenzy. Lesson learned: the highest upvoted comment is by no means necessarily the most correct comment. I will now have a more open mindset free of social media bias when viewing cinematic art in the future."

Probably.

QuoteAt the same time though, I truly hope this Alien 5 thing turns into a meme to haunt Blomkamp forever. Just imagine 20 years into the future, Blomkamp has just released the third part in his District 9 saga which is exactly the same thing as the first one except now the main character is a South African rapper with progeria whose best friend is a conscious  robot Walrus, trying to both fight social injustice and his rapid ageing at the same time. During the highly anticipated premier, Blomkamp is interviewed about the movie. The interview goes well, asking about the movie and the production hurtles etc. until the very last question, which would go something like this:
"District 11 has been quite an anticipated movie, but I think I speak for most people when I say that what the fans really  want is Alien 5. Are there any plans to resurrect this movie? *Editors note: De-aging the now 90 year old Sigourney Weaver in a respectable way is now technologically feasible*
Neill Blomkamp's face starts reddening, he stammers something which slightly resembles curses directed toward the now deceased Ridley Scott (may peace be upon him) before fleeing the scene with tears rolling down his cheeks.

8)

FHGD

Alien 1979    "Space Truckers finding Darelect and encountering the Alien"
Aliens 1986    "Ripley and Space Marines return to LV-426 and fight more Aliens"
Alien 3 1992    "Weyland-Yutani brings Aliens back to Earth!"
Alien 4 1997    "Finding the Alien Homeworld and wiping them out once and for all!"
Alien 5 2001    "Alien prequel that features xenomorphs' origins and the Space Jockey race"

That's all I ever wanted as a fan of the Alien Saga

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: FHGD on Jul 14, 2017, 06:31:08 PM
Aliens 1986    "Ripley and Space Marines return to LV-426 and fight more Aliens"
Alien 4 1997    "Finding the Alien Homeworld and wiping them out once and for all!"
Alien 5 2001    "Alien prequel that features xenomorphs' origins and the Space Jockey race"

Well said

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: Tonyhartmorph on Jul 14, 2017, 01:39:30 AM
I hope Blomkamp never lives this down, it seems that every time he makes something half decent, hardcore  Aliens fans will claim he would have made an amazing film. He's going to be asked about it in every interview from here to kingdom come.

It's called Karma, bitch. Reap it.

You tried your hand and failed.

HUH???

A lot of lunatics out in the world...

Oh my god. You nailed it. We could've been done. That sequence of films would've been amazing.

Don't ever forget that this is all the fault of Alien 3. The franchise arguably has STILL not recovered.

Lonely Universe

That's what it was supposed to be. We all know it :(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed