Which upcoming Alien sequel would you rather see?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Feb 20, 2015, 03:46:48 PM

If you could only choose one what would it be?

Alien 5- Taking place in the Alien universe with the other 4 films
25 (53.2%)
Prometheus 2
2 (4.3%)
Alien 5- taking place right after Prometheus 2
4 (8.5%)
Alien 5 retconned after Aliens
16 (34%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author
Which upcoming Alien sequel would you rather see? (Read 6,842 times)

Valaquen

It's ironic to me because those folks typically explain folk should accept Alien 3 or at least stop bawling that it disregarded Aliens. When it's announced that another film will ignore Alien 3, hyperbole like "cash grab" and "disrespect" and "fanwank" starts flying all over the place.

You seem upset. I don't expect measured responses right now. But remember telling Aliens fans that Alien 3 didn't remove the second film from their collections? Yeah. I can only say the same.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 26, 2015, 06:15:29 PM
It's ironic to me because those folks typically explain folk should accept Alien 3 or at least stop bawling that it disregarded Aliens. When it's announced that another film will ignore Alien 3, hyperbole like "cash grab" and "disrespect" and "fanwank" starts flying all over the place.

You seem upset. I don't expect measured responses right now. But remember telling Aliens fans that Alien 3 didn't remove the second film from their collections? Yeah. I can only say the same.

Like I said: apples and oranges / false equivalency.

Retconning (erasing) two movies is not the same as making a direct sequel that chooses to not to be a copy if the previous movie. So I don't know what you're talking about.

Nice jab btw...

HuDaFuK

Personally, while I'm upset they're apparently retconning the later films (although I'm still waiting for the studio to actually confirm this), at the end of the day, if that's what's being done, I'm excited to be getting a new movie. I'm not gonna lose sleep over it, even if I do think it was a lame move that just unnecessarily muddies the waters. It's not like my being angry and resentful will change anything. I just hope Blomkamp has some decent ideas for his film.

Of course, if the new movie sucks, then I'll be genuinely pissed.

Gash

Basically, if the character of Ripley is in it, I guess it has to be a sequel to Aliens. Resigned to it. I'd have preferred all new characters.

I'd rather Hicks and Newt weren't in it, I felt that direction, the family motif was always at odds with warrant officer Ripley. I don't know if the character profile of Ripley in ALIEN has her as a mother, but I thought it strange that a women would leave her daughter for 3 years at a time to do Nostromo hauls.

Still, I can see Blomkamp loving all the possibilities of advancing power-loader tech. Hmmm, I must admit I can't get all that enthused but if he respects Giger's original design, there could be some nice visuals at least.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed