Will Sigourney make it into the Blomkamp Alien film?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Feb 19, 2015, 04:44:40 AM

Author
Will Sigourney make it into the Blomkamp Alien film? (Read 4,555 times)

LastSurvivor92

From what I'm hearing Blomkamps film will take place after Prometheus 2 but since the events are taking place right after wouldn't that negate the story for Ripley?

I know Sigourney is eager to tackle the project and is intently willing to listen to Blomkamp. Can we expect to see Ripley one last time?

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Chronicle on Feb 19, 2015, 04:44:40 AM
From what I'm hearing Blomkamps film will take place after Prometheus 2 but since the events are taking place right after wouldn't that negate the story for Ripley?

I know Sigourney is eager to tackle the project and is intently willing to listen to Blomkamp. Can we expect to see Ripley one last time?

So far all we can go on are the fact that the film is said to take place after Prometheus 2 but that could mean anything from it being set chronologically in-universe after Prometheus 2 and set before Alien, or it's going to start filming sometime after Prometheus 2 has been released. So there are two possibilities in regards to that particular wording.

If it is going to be set after Prometheus 2, and serve as a true Prequel to ALIEN, then it wouldn't make much sense of Sigourney Weaver to appear in this movie unless she plays a different character altogether. But there is a lot of speculation on what this movie could be if it's going to be a prequel, or a sequel which retcons Alien 3 and Resurrection.

If the latter, chances are high for Sigourney Weaver to return as Ripley.. or Ripley 8. She's felt like the story isn't done.

Magegg

The director is interested, the producer (Scott) is interested...

I think Fox would be interested... If they want a new heroine for a sort of reboot, they already have Noomi Rapace on Prometheus, so I'd say there are really high chances.

The concept arts show a seasoned Ripley, so I think Blomkamp's pitch was that, and Fox apparently bought it. He said Alien and Aliens are their favorite movies of all time, so having Ripley would be the most logic thing in the universe.

Immortan Jonesy

Time will tell. We don't have an official confirmation from Sigourney Weaver, so this could be a quasi-sequel to Prometheus and an Alien prequel. Although I prefer Alien 5 or an alternative Alien 3.

ThisBethesdaSea

What Fox said is that Blomkamp's film will be made AFTER Prometheus 2...

Magegg

I think there's zero chance this would be a prequel. Fox initially announced Prometheus as a prequel, it turned out it wasn't, they can't come out now and say "hey, here's the true prequel!". People would be like T______T

OpenMaw

Quote from: Magegg on Feb 19, 2015, 05:55:08 AM
I think there's zero chance this would be a prequel. Fox initially announced Prometheus as a prequel, it turned out it wasn't, they can't come out now and say "hey, here's the true prequel!". People would be like T______T

Well, no matter what they say, Prometheus is a prequel. It's just a semantics game. It's set before Alien, and features Weyland, the apparent creators of the Alien. Granted it plays out more like a side story, and the canvas is large to go in other directions from where Prometheus leaves things.

I think we'll be seeing Sigourney back as Ripley almost 100% guaranteed.

Magegg

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 19, 2015, 05:58:07 AM

Well, no matter what they say, Prometheus is a prequel. It's just a semantics game. It's set before Alien, and features Weyland, the apparent creators of the Alien.
Everything is "apparent" in this movie. Nothing truly connects to the facts of Alien. And Ridley has said Prometheus 2 will be even less connected. It could be an alternate universe, for the case.

Immortan Jonesy

Yes, now that I think it's a dumb idea  :laugh:

Gash

Quote from: Magegg on Feb 19, 2015, 06:02:55 AM

Well, no matter what they say, Prometheus is a prequel. It's just a semantics game. It's set before Alien, and features Weyland, the apparent creators of the Alien.
Everything is "apparent" in this movie. Nothing truly connects to the facts of Alien.

Examples?

Immortan Jonesy

Well, no matter what they say, Prometheus is a prequel. It's just a semantics game. It's set before Alien, and features Weyland, the apparent creators of the Alien. Granted it plays out more like a side story, and the canvas is large to go in other directions from where Prometheus leaves things.

I think we'll be seeing Sigourney back as Ripley almost 100% guaranteed.

Hope you're right, since much of the hype is due to Ripley.

Gash

Sadly Sigourney's possible reappearance is one of the things that scuppers the project for me. At least based on the way it's being presented.

Vrastal

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Feb 19, 2015, 05:51:40 AM
What Fox said is that Blomkamp's film will be made AFTER Prometheus 2...

where did they say this?

whiterabbit

So it's going to be his next project but they won't start it until Prometheus 2 is done filming? That's like another 2-3 years man.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed