New Marketing Campaign - Crew Messages

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 17, 2017, 04:02:01 PM

Author
New Marketing Campaign - Crew Messages (Read 24,293 times)

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Anthony on Apr 17, 2017, 04:59:38 PM
Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Apr 17, 2017, 04:56:31 PM
Its like blair witch in space!!! 8)

You know, I actually had a thought of Daniels recording a message after shit gets real and saying "I'm sorry", similar to Heather from the first Blair Witch.

:)

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 17, 2017, 04:23:41 PM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 17, 2017, 04:05:52 PM
I actually love the found footage from the planet. I wish it could be incorporated into the film (who knows, maybe it is) but I know purists would crucify Ridley for using it.

Why would "purists crucify" Scott for using found footage style video when he used it in both Alien and Prometheus?  ???

There's the grainy video links seen sporadically in the first two movies and then there's this, which much more closely resembles the found footage trend we've seen over the last twenty years. I think any substantial use of these in the final film would have people crying "Blair Witch" and bitching up a storm. I love it, though.

Beardomorph

Beardomorph

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 17, 2017, 05:07:14 PMI think any substantial use of these in the final film would have people crying "Blair Witch" and bitching up a storm. I love it, though.

That's not the problem. Blair Witch is all found footage. Heavy use of found footage style shots mixed with the very steady shots Ridley is known for ( and that we've seen all over the trailers so far ) would probably not mix well at all. We might get a couple of shots as we did in Alien/Prometheus, but I can't see more than that happening. Visually it would be very distracting.

MajorB

All of the found footage in Aliens, Alien and Prometheus is used sparingly to illustrate the perspective of the characters at the "base," ie Ash, Gorman, Janek. It's never used as found footage for its own sake.

BishopShouldGo

Oh billy wtf was that?

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

What is it??

Thanks to ATI of (scified)for the image grabs. 8)

Daniels Stills.... Courtesy 0f David007 (of Scified)

Denton Smalls

Reminds me of the Doom movie lol.

I like how that one pic shows what looks like solar panels or something on someone's back, maybe harnessing the energy to power their gear.

cliffhanger

yeah i liked this gopro-style footage. Reminded me also a bit of Cloverfield, too.

Nice mention of the Blair Witch, i've always imagined how amazing a very tense and suspenseful blair-witch style Alien movie would be.
Not like cloverfield. The above reminded me of it, but honestly, i hated how they executed that.

On the run, hide and battle, underprepared, unarmed, and in the unknown on an abandoned alien space station that has an alien (not neccesarily a xenomorph) aboard, filmed from a gopro-like camera mounted to their suits which they can't take off because the suit contains a system to feed them oxygen through a mouthpiece of sorts would be amazing.

lv_226

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Apr 17, 2017, 05:49:49 PM

What is it??

Thanks to ATI of (scified)for the image grabs. 8)

Daniels Stills.... Courtesy 0f David007 (of Scified)

AvPGalaxy keeping it classy with those citations  8)

The Jockey arms look a lot longer and less humanoid than they appeared in Prometheus, no?

Evanus

The arms look pretty similar, though their position seems to be slightly different.

Anthony

Anthony

So since we know Tennessee made one, should we expect messages for all the crew members (aside from Walter)?

echobbase79

echobbase79

I feel bad for the soldier that steps on the spores. He was just enjoying a smoke. :)

Anthony

Anthony

Quote from: echobbase79 on Apr 18, 2017, 01:02:29 AM
I feel bad for the soldier that steps on the spores. He was just enjoying a smoke. :)

Maybe that's an anti smoking ad.

"Don't smoke, or an Alien will burst out your back."

echobbase79

Quote from: Anthony on Apr 18, 2017, 01:10:40 AM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Apr 18, 2017, 01:02:29 AM

Maybe that's an anti smoking ad.

"Don't smoke, or an Alien will burst out your back."

LOL! Smokers beware!

ChrisPachi

Very cool. I hope they don't overuse it (if they us it at all), but the shoulder cam stuff is great.

Arr no it's Doom 2005!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed