What did Dutch look for in his pocket?

Started by overthere, Sep 21, 2020, 05:19:10 PM

Author
What did Dutch look for in his pocket? (Read 4,025 times)

overthere

In the scene where Dutch first got mud on him, he crawls up among tree roots or whatever, turns around towards Predator and checks his pocket for something, figures it's not there and stands still the rest of the time.

What was Dutch hoping to find in his pocket for this situation? I can't think of anything that could have fit into his pocket that he'd need in that situation.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

I believe he was after his machete but in his panic he checked the wrong side of his belt.

Either that or a sidearm that he obviously lost during his fall.

Kimarhi

His sidearm.

Corporal Hicks

We were talking about this while playing Hunting Grounds recently. It must have been his sidearm. Apparently most of them had Deagles which I had not realised.

Huggs

A pencil. Government issue.

Spoiler
It had Danny Glover's phone number in it.
[close]

razeak

He's looking for his pistol.

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

His knife was on his left hand side, with his sidearm on his right, and he reached over to where the holster would have been.

Master Chief

Just so you can see it, overthere.

overthere

Quote from: Master Chief on Nov 19, 2020, 11:56:53 PM
Just so you can see it, overthere.

Ohhh. Thanks. Thanks everyone. I may now rest.

HuDaFuK

As others have said, sidearm. You can see his empty holster where he's reaching. Apparently he lost it when he went over the falls.

Wweyland

Would it have been any use?

Gr33n M4n

Quote from: Wweyland on Nov 21, 2020, 10:18:30 PM
Would it have been any use?

With a well placed shot? Maybe.

Corporal Hicks

A .50 cal to the helmet would have been effective, I feel.

overthere

That would be a huge risk. The Predator would have likely survived at least long enough to blast Dutch away with the plasma caster. But I don't think that gun would have significantly hurt the Predator. It would be like a BB gun to him.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: overthere on Nov 23, 2020, 05:41:29 PMThat would be a huge risk.

Dutch didn't have anything to lose at that point. He was exhausted, cornered and out of options.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed