Does it bother you the Alien leaves corpses everywhere?

Started by Xenoscream, Aug 14, 2014, 09:21:50 AM

Author
Does it bother you the Alien leaves corpses everywhere? (Read 7,579 times)

Valaquen

Quote from: windebieste on Sep 02, 2014, 10:37:16 AM
Most parasites are wasteful

The Alien isn't really a parasite, though. It's more akin to a parasitoid or protolean being ("those that begin the growing phase of their lives as parasites, and in particular, typically as internal parasites. As a rule they end that phase of their lives parasitoidally by killing or consuming the host, and then they emerge as free-living adults.")

Xenoscream

Quote from: PsyKore on Sep 02, 2014, 10:59:02 AM
I was also gonna say, what if the egg is actually the final stage of the cycle, not the adult Alien? The adult could just be a means to leave behind some eggs.

I like this idea, perhaps the eggs in the derelict were harvested from a world / city which had already been wiped out.

SM

Wouldn't the very nature of a 'cycle' preclude a 'final stage'?

predxeno

Speaking of queens vs. eggmorphing , I wonder if there's going to be an explanation why this specific alien (along with Kane's Son) never turned into Queens themselves.  My personal explanation is that both are male breeds of the Alien and therefore have to rely on eggmorphing to produce females to turn into queens or queen eggs to just skip the whole female hormone storm process.

PsyKore

Doesn't it come from the EU where they turn into Queens? I know the AvP games (2010 in particular) show this. But going by Alien 3, a Queen has to be laid by a facehugger and gestated the same way a regular chestburster does. So it fits that a regular Alien could create eggs in order to spawn a Queen.

Space7Horror

Cameron said that one of the first Aliens to emerge in Hadley's Hope grew to become a queen.  I say that since there was more than one Alien present at the moment that the oldest one was able to morph into a queen.  The theory I'm thinking of is that if there is a single Alien it can't become a queen without another Alien present as it would be left too vulnerable during its transformation, so the Alien will resort to eggmorphing in order to produce an egg that will most likely carry a queen facehugger or a regular one depending on the Alien who eggmorphed the person. So in order for a queen to come about there needs to be more than one Alien present at a time.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

The new forthcoming canon bible from Fox, the "Weyland Yutani Report" (aka the SMXLTM) seems to confirm the possibility that a drone or worker could transform into an egg producer. Whether "egg producer" literally means a Queen or simply that they could gain the ability to "egg morph" I do not know.

Vrastal

I hope i can find hires scans of that book..

Anyways. I never cared fro the idea of them being weapons, i like the idea that they are natural creatures. never cared for the egg-morphing idea much either.

genozide

genozide

I think bodies here and there would bother the species of the corpses and that's the point by the alien. Does it have one or not? Who can tell?
It might be striving to survive either on the station or through a possible escape. Maybe it's reacting tactically towards what the humans are thinking? Maybe it seeks out alternatives with what it does to implement the most chaos? "Unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality."
I don't personally care much about the eggmorphing idea either. The onetime queen facehugger egg by drone idea seems legit but it would also need the best opportunity for the alien and it's like ripley, i suppose, figuring out what to do at the time of events.
The mystery of not knowing how they do certain things is one of the things that makes them special as an alien being. Persistent damage and bodies is what i love seeing in games. The idea of corpses fading away or environment healing itself has always bothered me in many games. If they're on your path showing pain, despair and fear or getting snatched last minute or in some other way surprising you it adds to the atmosphere of the game story.
I wonder if some of the characters you get to know more and relate to will die in the most horrible way?

Predatorium

Comon cut the alien some slack, he's working overtime to kill all the people on the station. There must be hundreds or thousands.

SizzyBubbles

He leaves them there as a warning to all the other humans X)

rabidninja64

Before i go off topic, ill chip in my 2 cents.

In essence, the xeno wouldnt particularly drag people off to god-knows where for no random reason. Naturally, if the directors cut had been canon, then it'd make more sense because of them being the catalyst for the egg transformation process. since it was cut, my only explanation is that it's acting in a way a lone, vunerable but also deadly creature would. violently. Regardless, they probably posed a threat to the xeno, culminating in a on-the-spot impalement or dance in the dark.  ;D

Spoiler
Also, in terms of gameplay/storyline, there is a part where a certain doctor helps you out, but wants you to get something for him, knowing full well the xeno is on that level. You retrieve, you come back, scold him for it, and as he opens elevator access, he's about to come out but the xeno is on the other side of the door. creeps towards him a lil, then snatch & grab into the dark..
[close]

And here's my off topic piece:
Has anyone else noticed the purina logo on all the doors?
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121221171111/logopedia/images/a/a9/Purina.png
even in the films! SPACE ALIEN CHOW!!!
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ky4eysgePS1qb78wao1_500.png

SM

QuoteIn essence, the xeno wouldnt particularly drag people off to god-knows where for no random reason.

Except Brett, Dallas, Clemens, or Andrews.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: rabidninja64 on Oct 05, 2014, 09:49:06 AMIn essence, the xeno wouldnt particularly drag people off to god-knows where for no random reason. Naturally, if the directors cut had been canon, then it'd make more sense because of them being the catalyst for the egg transformation process.

Even without the DC, the Aliens could well still be cocooning people off-screen. Like SM says, plenty of victims get taken and never reappear.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: rabidninja64 on Oct 05, 2014, 09:49:06 AM
And here's my off topic piece:
Has anyone else noticed the purina logo on all the doors?
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121221171111/logopedia/images/a/a9/Purina.png
even in the films! SPACE ALIEN CHOW!!!
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ky4eysgePS1qb78wao1_500.png

It's similar but not the same. The "hazard warning sign" from Alien has four little red squares with rounded corners on the outside and one large square in the middle. The Purina logo is just a red & white checkered background.

Here's the rest of the Nostromo's signage.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed