11 seconds of game footage!!!

Started by CELTICPRED, Aug 29, 2008, 01:41:30 AM

Author
11 seconds of game footage!!! (Read 48,271 times)

avp11

avp11

This footage was most properly in early development, and 2 years  (nearly three) i bet its changed alot ;)

Ash 937

Ash 937

I bet it hasn't.  I doubt GBX devoted any significant amount of development resources or time on this game at all in the past few years.  All of their attention was on Borderlands.  Just because we haven't seen any new footage doesn't necessarily mean the game looks vastly different now.  They need to be working on the game for that to happen...

Brother

Brother

Who says they haven't been working on it? Lorin Wood said he finished his work on it a while back, Botman commented on how much the game has changed and looks different from the first screens.

avp11

avp11

Quote from: Brother on Aug 23, 2010, 10:02:24 AM
Who says they haven't been working on it? Lorin Wood said he finished his work on it a while back, Botman commented on how much the game has changed and looks different from the first screens.

Exactly  :P

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Brother on Aug 23, 2010, 10:02:24 AM

But according to Ash they are just lying to us because that's how they want their publicity.

Ash 937

Ash 937

No, Chris, that's not what I was saying.  I was merely doubting that the game has significantly improved since we saw the initial video footage of it.  I really don't want to get into it again, but you already know my stance on the whole thing is that if GBX really was that focused on this game we would've heard more about it by now.  EVEN if SEGA restricted what they could or couldn't say about it, I believe we would've gotten more progress reports.  It wouldn't technically even be "news" since everybody already knows the game is suppose to be in development anyway.  I also don't consider vague tweets as any sort of "official" news either.  If you (or anybody) can show me the screens that prove to me that I'm wrong about this or that you are right about everything, I'd love to see them.  :)

Feral_PRED

Feral_PRED

Wow this is fantastic, awesome!!!!

-alienhunter14

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Ash 937 on Aug 23, 2010, 11:32:46 PM
No, Chris, that's not what I was saying.  I was merely doubting that the game has significantly improved since we saw the initial video footage of it.  I really don't want to get into it again, but you already know my stance on the whole thing is that if GBX really was that focused on this game we would've heard more about it by now.  EVEN if SEGA restricted what they could or couldn't say about it, I believe we would've gotten more progress reports.  It wouldn't technically even be "news" since everybody already knows the game is suppose to be in development anyway.  I also don't consider vague tweets as any sort of "official" news either.  If you (or anybody) can show me the screens that prove to me that I'm wrong about this or that you are right about everything, I'd love to see them.  :)

Many times have forum members such as Takhen, Ikarop and others have found things such as animations, concept, etc, that was obviously for Aliens: Colonial Marines. You can look at many of the threads in Gearbox, most of the more recent ones will be things such as that.

Ash 937

Ash 937

Until we see new pics or videos it is very questionable about just how much development has gone into this game.  I've seen those animations too, Chris.  The problem with them is that they are not in-game quality and the one video that we have for reference doesn't really show us too much because its short and the quality sucks.  The game could still look like it did when the leaked footage made it to the internet or it could be miles ahead of it.

I'm inclined to believe its not because GBX never has anything official to say about it and they even went on the record to say that their focus on A:CM was redirected towards Borderlands for a significant amount of time before Borderlands got released.  Contrary to what some people here want to believe, I doubt anyone has worked on this project around the clock since 2007.

Nobody is saying you can't believe whatever you want to believe, dude.  I'm just saying that I need better evidence to believe any progress has been made on this game since last video was released a long long time ago. Until I get that, I'm logically assuming that little has been done for this game at all.  I will believe otherwise when I see something that shows me otherwise.

Brother

Brother

*a bad ass sarcastic comment*

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Ash 937 on Aug 24, 2010, 06:51:16 AM
I'm inclined to believe its not because GBX never has anything official to say about it and they even went on the record to say that their focus on A:CM was redirected towards Borderlands for a significant amount of time before Borderlands got released.  Contrary to what some people here want to believe, I doubt anyone has worked on this project around the clock since 2007.

Yep, they had to redirect focus when Sega placed AvP3 in 1st Place.

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Aug 24, 2010, 07:18:11 PM
Yep, they had to redirect focus when Sega placed AvP3 in 1st Place.

I know and I think that sucks because I have wished for another proper Aliens-based game for consoles since Alien Trilogy came out in the 1990's.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

There were a couple of arcade games but we can't really count those since they are... well arcade.

Hawkins

Hawkins

can't wait for this game especially since I now have a Palit 470.

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: Hawkins on Sep 05, 2010, 12:10:53 AM
can't wait for this game especially since I now have a Palit 470.

If A:CM looks that same as it did when the 11 seconds of footage was released, I doubt you will need that much capability to play it smoothly.  Any regular computer built within the last 10 years should do. 

...then again, I don't think the Palit 470 is designed to play games that turn into vaporware either, which is what seems to be happening to A:CM at the moment.  DNF, on the other hand, looks seriously badass and will definitely benefit from a Palit 470.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed