Ridley Scott to direct 'The Last Duel'

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Jul 22, 2019, 09:20:09 PM

Author
Ridley Scott to direct 'The Last Duel' (Read 154,316 times)

426Buddy

Looks amazing!

Also the helmets don't bother me, no historical Hollywood film is actually going to be all that accurate.

KiramidHead

Compared to Scott putting a Zulu song in Gladiator, the helmets aren't that bad. :laugh:

Evanus

Yeah, I think this looks pretty great. Already impressed by Jodie Comer's performance.

BlueMarsalis79

Ridley really couldn't give a f**k about helmets, no matter the genre, he can't be bothered with them.

Local Trouble

Correct.

Nightmare Asylum

Prometheus does have the sexiest spacesuits/helmets ever put to film, however.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Indeed! Vickers almost looks like Samus Aran.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 23, 2021, 02:18:31 AM
Indeed! Vickers almost looks like Samus Aran.

But where's her helmet? ;)

Z Digg

could comer be submitted in lead or supporting?

Ingwar

Ingwar

Lead imo but then again, who knows.

Andrea90

Andrea90

I think lead, she is the main carachter of the film. I liked the trailer a lot, cinematography is great and seems there are few differences from the book (it is like the book really). Affleck is count Pierre and not the King that is played by a young actor, also the atmosphere is very similar. I hope we'll see some point of views and not just Marguerite's, because it's the people who have to decide the side.

In one shot we can see Marguerite pregnant, too.

kwisatz

Quote from: Trash Queen on Jul 21, 2021, 01:36:22 PM
But it's always a coin flip with Sir Ridley Scott.

Quote from: PierreVW on Apr 10, 2017, 08:31:27 PM
You are a very immature person.

Z Digg

Quote from: Andrea90 on Jul 24, 2021, 09:53:07 AM
I think lead, she is the main carachter of the film. I liked the trailer a lot, cinematography is great and seems there are few differences from the book (it is like the book really). Affleck is count Pierre and not the King that is played by a young actor, also the atmosphere is very similar. I hope we'll see some point of views and not just Marguerite's, because it's the people who have to decide the side.

Good spot, I didn't notice that pregnant scene.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Andrea90 on Jul 24, 2021, 09:53:07 AM

This scene?

Marguerite (Comer) can also be seen standing on a wooden scaffold behind de Carrouges (Damon) in the shot below. In other shots one can also see firewood stacked at the base of the structure with a large fire next to it. Those who have read the book will know what this entails...

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 22, 2021, 04:49:28 PM
Compared to Scott putting a Zulu song in Gladiator, the helmets aren't that bad. :laugh:

Don't forget the "D-Day" style landing craft in Robin Hood.  :laugh:

But the issue isn't so much historical accuracy, as the fact that the helmets just look plain daft as well as impractical.

https://twitter.com/LondonLongsword/status/1419252436347363331

:laugh:

Andrea90

The shot in 2.07 minutes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed