William Gibson's Alien 3

Started by Ultramorph, Apr 26, 2018, 08:06:32 PM

Author
William Gibson's Alien 3 (Read 152,614 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: SM on Jan 07, 2019, 07:59:21 PM
That was the Giler and Hill ending where she bursts on the gantry, grabs the Alien, breaks its neck, then jumps into the fire.

Wow. I didn't know about that one. :laugh:

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

Issue #3 and the conclusion to Dust to Dust tomorrow boysss!

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 07, 2019, 08:22:05 PM
Quote from: SM on Jan 07, 2019, 07:59:21 PM
That was the Giler and Hill ending where she bursts on the gantry, grabs the Alien, breaks its neck, then jumps into the fire.

Wow. I didn't know about that one. :laugh:

Yeah thats in one of their many drafts after the Ferguson one. Pretty much all the drafts we skipped on the podcast lol

#F**kGiler

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 07, 2019, 04:42:58 PM
I think it was Fincher who called it "janitorial". And it really takes away from the idea that Ripley ever had a choice. If she'd run full pelt towards the Patna she still wouldn't have made it.

Yep, I've said the same thing on here before. Granted, if she had bursted while in custody of the team, even on the gangway, they could've captured it outright or just located it somewhere within the complex. So Ripley did still keep it away from them. But with only seconds left to live, and no chance at survival, why not give the same company that started all of this for her, the proverbial middle finger? It can work, just not as effectively in my opinion. Suicide is less of a sacrifice for a character that is seconds away from inevitable death anyway. So truly, the only question was how she checked out.

It also feels alittle cheesy that the moment Runner is dead, oh, here comes the burster. It feels like it's being shoehorned in there because the movie needs to be wrapped up.

The AC ending leaves the amount of time she had left ambiguous, which I think works much better. As has been said, she's making the conscious choice to decline her own salvation, and see her mission through. Ripley dies not knowing whether or not she could've lived, and we are left to wonder the same thing. But both Ripley and the audience know that the events that began with the Nostromo have finally concluded, and that those who sought to profit from hell, have lost.

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 08, 2019, 07:48:47 PM
I think it was Fincher who called it "janitorial". And it really takes away from the idea that Ripley ever had a choice. If she'd run full pelt towards the Patna she still wouldn't have made it.

Yep, I've said the same thing on here before. Granted, if she had bursted while in custody of the team, even on the gangway, they could've captured it outright or just located it somewhere within the complex. So Ripley did still keep it away from them. But with only seconds left to live, and no chance at survival, why not give the same company that started all of this for her, the proverbial middle finger? It can work, just not as effectively in my opinion. Suicide is less of a sacrifice for a character that is seconds away from inevitable death anyway. So truly, the only question was how she checked out.

It also feels alittle cheesy that the moment Runner is dead, oh, here comes the burster. It feels like it's being shoehorned in there because the movie needs to be wrapped up.

The AC ending leaves the amount of time she had left ambiguous, which I think works much better. As has been said, she's making the conscious choice to decline her own salvation, and see her mission through. Ripley dies not knowing whether or not she could've lived, and we are left to wonder the same thing. But both Ripley and the audience know that the events that began with the Nostromo have finally concluded, and that those who sought to profit from hell, have lost.

Do we though? The last of the LV-426 aliens died with Ripley, but who's to say there aren't others elsewhere? It's not even established that LV-426 is their homeworld, is it?

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Rankles75 on Jan 08, 2019, 08:58:42 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Jan 08, 2019, 07:48:47 PM

Do we though? The last of the LV-426 aliens died with Ripley, but who's to say there aren't others elsewhere? It's not even established that LV-426 is their homeworld, is it?

What does SM have to say about this?

SM

SM

Does it matter?

QuoteIt also feels alittle cheesy that the moment Runner is dead, oh, here comes the burster. It feels like it's being shoehorned in there because the movie needs to be wrapped up.

The burster's been coming for some time.  First we see Ripley groaning after she stops Eric starting the piston, then again just before Bishop and co meet Aaron.

Huggs

Huggs

SM

SM

Nah.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Jan 08, 2019, 10:31:20 PM
Nah.

Okay, you talked me into it.

426Buddy

426Buddy

There are some alien eggs still on planet 4

Still Collating...

Quote from: SM on Jan 08, 2019, 10:15:33 PM
Does it matter?

QuoteIt also feels alittle cheesy that the moment Runner is dead, oh, here comes the burster. It feels like it's being shoehorned in there because the movie needs to be wrapped up.

The burster's been coming for some time.  First we see Ripley groaning after she stops Eric starting the piston, then again just before Bishop and co meet Aaron.

Is it possible that little Queen wasn't in a hurry cause she was protected buy the Runner? So when the Runner died, she went into "escape" mode.

SM

SM

Nah I think it was more she copped to what Ripley was doing and went "Eject!  Eject!"

Vermillion

Vermillion

Quote from: SM on Jan 08, 2019, 11:53:03 PM
Nah I think it was more she copped to what Ripley was doing and went "Eject!  Eject!"

Russ840

Russ840

Really enjoyed issue 3

Spoiler
I don't fully remember all the details from the script, but are some slight liberties taken, in this comic, with the means of infection, that make it slightly more like the neomorphs spores ?
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed