William Gibson's Alien 3

Started by Ultramorph, Apr 26, 2018, 08:06:32 PM

Author
William Gibson's Alien 3 (Read 151,161 times)

426Buddy

Art looks great too, this is going to be really sweet.

Wweyland

Holy moly, that looks great. Look at that egg on Bishop.

FiorinaFury161

Awesome! Can't wait to read them!

Rankles75

Really looking forward to this... :)

OpenMaw

...Yes.

YES.

DarthWall275

DarthWall275

Oh goodness will they just leave Alien 3 alone?

It's Canon, Hicks and Ripley die, end of story.
Besides, it's more respectful to the original '79 movie than Aliens was, even Giger said it was better.

Huggs

I knew it! I just knew it! This was my favorite script. I'm not a comic guy, but I hope this inspires the studio to consider moving the film series in this direction. This is the way to go. An actual Alien story. Not "the mad thespian of planet flintstone".

Fantastic news!

The Old One

The Old One

Absolutely gorgeous art, I haven't read the entirety of the William Gibson script so I hope the story matches.

Rankles75

Quote from: DarthWall275 on Jul 12, 2018, 05:29:18 PM
Oh goodness will they just leave Alien 3 alone?

It's Canon, Hicks and Ripley die, end of story.
Besides, it's more respectful to the original '79 movie than Aliens was, even Giger said it was better.

Unbunch your panties, Alien 3 isn't going anywhere (regrettably). What's the harm in those of us who hated the film having an alternative version?

skull-splitter

I loved Alien 3 from the first go, I'd only remove the music on the rape attempt.

But I am really interested in this version. I'll hold out till the TPB hits though.

The Old One

The Old One

Look, I'm a staunch defender of A3, it gets crap it doesn't deserve and for a motion picture to retconn it would needlessly add nothing to the franchise and land us in the same place as Star Wars is inhabiting now. The land of dressing up nostalgia and calling it bold and new, the land of no creativity.

That being said, this comic looks fantastic- it has gorgeous art and more surprising- a really beautiful sense of style, juxtaposition, light and shadow etc

I look forward to it, just hope it doesn't take a year or more for the paperback.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Hmm, interesting top see this alternative version of Alien3 asa  comic. Oh by the way did you hear that Neill Blomkamp is set to Direct RoboCop Returns. Where he was unable to do an alternative Alien sequel he's instead doing an alternative sequel to RoboCop.

Local Trouble

Why is the UPP interceptor basically identical to a USCM dropship?  :-\

The Old One

The Old One

That is extremely disappointing, perhaps at the current time it's a placeholder but otherwise we've seen similar things happen before where an avenue of creativity has simply been ignored.

Local Trouble

It's not unprecedented in real life since the old USSR stole our designs all the time.  I was hoping for a space MiG or something like a Hind though.  :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed