Realizing Childhood Fantasies, An Interview With Predator: Hunting Grounds Developers - AvPGalaxy Podcast #102

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 17, 2020, 02:58:14 PM

Author
Realizing Childhood Fantasies, An Interview With Predator: Hunting Grounds Developers - AvPGalaxy Podcast #102 (Read 10,290 times)

Corporal Hicks

We have just uploaded the 102nd episode of the Alien vs. Predator Galaxy Podcast (right-click and save as to download)! Our latest episode sees RidgeTop and myself joined by Illfonic‘s CEO Charles Brungardt and Chief Creative Officer Jared Gerritzen to talk about Predator: Hunting Grounds!

Amongst many things we discuss the challenges faced designing the Predator Huntress, what exactly are Field Lockers, the creative decisions behind many of the game elements and plenty more!

What did you think of our latest episode? Be sure to let us know down below! You can also listen to any of our previous episodes in the Podcast section under the News tab on the main menu. The Alien vs. Predator Galaxy Podcast is also available via iTunes, PodBean, GooglePlay Stitcher, YouTube and Spotify! Please be sure to leave a review on whichever platform you're using!

Keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on Alien and Predator! You can follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

Voodoo Magic

Awesome Hicks!  I've been looking forward to this one for sure.  Will be listening to it tonight!

Katanu

Nice, I'll give it a listen as soon as I can!

DaniilLogOut

I like that podcasts come out with set frequency. Good job with that .

Kailem

molasar

It was good, but still some missing questions cannot be answered at this point, I guess.

Voodoo Magic

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: molasar on Feb 17, 2020, 05:20:47 PM
It was good, but still some missing questions cannot be answered at this point, I guess.

Unfortunately there is just some stuff they're not allowed to talk about at this point in time.

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 17, 2020, 05:26:15 PM
What questions do you think were missing?

Offline modes, Predator 2 skin, future plans for dlc, quantity of maps, cross play with PCs, PS5 compatibility, etc.

Katanu

Good to know it takes place after The Predator.
I was wondering about that. I guess the prequel novel will also be set after the movie.

Tj

Don't forget the skins from the other movies like avp and predators 2010

SuperiorIronman

I'm interested in where this leaves the Predator Killer (and Emissary Predators) since those would work well as a sort of wild card to throw at both fire-team and Predator.

molasar

Quote from: Tj on Feb 17, 2020, 10:31:03 PM
Don't forget the skins from the other movies like avp and predators 2010

They are just movies. My mom has told me "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".

Katanu

I actually like Predators a lot, and would love to see some skins from that movie.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Hicks, RidgeTop and the illfonic guys. Excellent, excellent podcast. So much to unpack and process. I probably have to listen again. Random thoughts:

The return of O.W.L.F.  Yes!!

Stargazer as the enemy. Sounds good to me.

I love the Predator is not a frog / cut off it's head and it's basically a man's body / Tarzan / analogies in regards to the male Predator and the creation of the female... as well as the psychology behind so much Predator cosplaying.

I love how these guys respect the lore AND Predator2! Mad props!

Also mad props to Hicks for keeping his cool with the gentle Predators dismissal.   ;D

So glad the Illfonic pitch won the gig, but I wonder what that other company and that other pitch was that was turned down by Fox.

Damn! No physical special collector's edition.  :'(

The mud mechanic sounds better each time I hear it.

I loved hearing that the Smart-Disc was a priority!

Can't wait for that novel!

Such a great podcast guys!

Quote from: molasar on Feb 17, 2020, 05:20:47 PM

In all fairness, unless we wanted 3 hours of podcasting , there wasn't enough time for anymore questions! These guys just went on and on which was so great, resulting in an interview I bet that makes the lives of Hicks and RidgeTop so easy, especially compared to the opposite.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed