Mortal Kombat X (2015)

Started by RazorSlash, May 28, 2014, 09:30:43 PM

Author
Mortal Kombat X (2015) (Read 175,957 times)

SwineRider

SwineRider

The choice in designing a shorter head here lies in the way the attack/abilities engine of all characters work. Take for example Jax's Fatality, it already looks stupid when he rips Predators mask "apart". They just don't have a good way to implement characters with a non humanoid body physic into the game content without totally messing up the games graphics.

They should have made a more dynamic model engine in the first place instead of "working their way around" like this if they knew they would implement such characters later on...

predxeno

predxeno

I've been looking around for information on this new Alien character and there are people saying it's just a skin of an existing character, but I didn't think the original character had a tail. ???

Samus007

Samus007

Quote from: 420Buddy on Jan 12, 2016, 06:58:17 PM
The alien design is terrible, I don't get why all the other characters are done fairly accurately but the alien has to have a baraka blade and be all kinds of wrong. The in game action was sweet though.

I believe he looks very Barraka'ish because in a previous trailer it shows the chestburster emerge from Barraka and so the Alien in the game takes on his features. Hence the arm blades, teeth, etc.

proto leech

proto leech

I understand why with the engine/hit boxes and all but the alien is shit. I dont want a reskinned baraka deformed alien. No fan wants half-assed fanservice, if you cant do an alien right dont do it it all.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Exactly.  It's 2015.  No excuses.  This isn't Atari 2600.

predxeno

predxeno

So based on what I'm hearing from all over the web, it seems Alien is just a re-skin of Barraka; I can't say I'm surprised since I called it since Day 1, but I'm still disappointed for those who were hoping for something more original in the game.

atlantis

atlantis

terrible

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

The Xeno in MKX can use it's tail in combat too. He is not a total reskin of Baraka.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jan 12, 2016, 11:46:46 PM
The Xeno in MKX can use it's tail in combat too. He is not a total reskin of Baraka.

And I am pretty sure the fatalities are unique too!

Now... if we can get a move-set list... THEN.. we can determine if it is a reskin of Baraka.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

How do I get out of this chickenshit outfit?  No seriously, does anyone know how I can opt out of getting updates on this thread?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Top or bottom right options.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Where do Triborg and Bo' Rai Cho come from originally

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jan 13, 2016, 12:56:08 PM
Where do Triborg and Bo' Rai Cho come from originally
Triborg is a mix between Sektor and Cyrax from Mortal Kombat 3, while Bo'Rai Cho debuted in Mortal Kombat V: Deadly Alliance.

XENOMORPHOSIS

XENOMORPHOSIS

Has anyone ever thought of setting a up a kick starter for a Mortal Kombat fighting style game based on Alien vs Predator.

Where you can select a characters from the films such as Ellen Ripley "with a special control move that allows you to commandeer the Power Loader for combat." Other characters could include Dwayne Hicks, Mike R. Harrigan, Sgt Dutch Schaefer "who may also have his special moves of fatal weapons of rope nets, sharp sticks, explosives grenade and other booby traps which he used against the Predator"

You could select Xenos of the films from the Classic Drone Alien, the Warrior Alien, the Alien Queen, the Dog Alien and Predalien ect, as well as the Yautjas such as the Jungle Hunter, City Hunter, Young Blood Scar Predator, Wolf Predator, Berserker Predator. A game where you can chose and fight who you wish.

Would this be a game that Alien and Predator fan would want?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

We've kind of had one already. Granted it was more of an arcade game but...

SNES version.

Arcade version.

Wasn't there something called Mutagen or something like that which had them in?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed