Fox Announces Alien: Isolation Digital Series!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 27, 2019, 05:44:31 PM

Author
Fox Announces Alien: Isolation Digital Series! (Read 68,695 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 28, 2019, 01:44:41 AM
Was the reception of this news everything SM expected?

I know I'm not SM but honestly I was surprised it took as long for people to complain as it did. The overall reaction seems to have been pleasantly positive though.

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Feb 28, 2019, 01:40:55 AM
A super-duper, well organized way to watch the Alien: Isolation game?  For free?  How cool is that?  Many times have I tried to find something like that which didn't take 5 hours, just so I can sit down and enjoy it from beginning to end while grabbing a bite in front of the TV.  Thanks Fox.  I will enjoy this, and looking forward to a longer series, and a new movie (hint... Blomkamp)..

Exactly. It's free. It's the type of thing people do off their own back but now you get new footage to bridge it all together. It still needs to be well put together but if they do, that's win in my book.

Quote from: David's Creation on Feb 28, 2019, 01:39:05 AM
I really don't see why people care so much about the IGN thing.

One reviewer for the site gave it a low score, so the whole website isn't allowed to promote anything related to the game now?  Like it's some hypocritical betrayal?  How melodramatic.

It's a strange thing. They published a second review that was more positive. That reviewer was the one who did the hands-on with Blackout that some people complained about.

Quote from: SM on Feb 28, 2019, 02:42:48 AM
Because, of course, no one has done any work on this, and it's just some PA at Fox splicing stuff downloaded from Youtube with Windows Movie Maker...

f**king Movie Maker. They're cheaper than I thought! They're still on Windows 7!  >:(

Spoiler
:laugh:
[close]

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 27, 2019, 11:47:24 PM
This should be fun. I wish we were getting a new story and not something we already knew/experienced before, but I get that during the awkward Disney/Fox transition period that something like that isn't really a thing I should be expecting.

This. People need to be considerate of that. We've got too many expectations running wild lately.

HuDaFuK

I was kinda middling on this when I first found out about it, but the more I think about it now it's been officially announced, the more excited I'm getting for it.

Love that shot from the trailer of some guy getting all f*cked up by the Alien, with blood pouring everywhere.

SM

Quotef**king Movie Maker. They're cheaper than I thought! They're still on Windows 7! 

XP.

Just waiting for that sweet Mouse moolah to roll in.

Quote from: SiL on Feb 28, 2019, 06:36:10 AM
Quote from: SM on Feb 28, 2019, 06:26:57 AM
What should it be based on if not the game?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3syUejwzd3Q

Fair call.

Mr. Clemens

Holy, I didn't realize we were getting all seven episodes at once. Smashing.

HuDaFuK

Still Collating...

I'm so looking forward to this. Very excited!

XENOMORPHOSIS

So this show is essensially expanded animated sections adapted from the Alien Isolation game.

Perfect-Organism

Thank you Fox for doing this and making it free.  That's taking care of your fans.  Hopefully some interesting content will be further developed from this.

Nightmare Asylum

This should be dropping in 45 minutes. I'll be watching later on tonight.

Predwars24

Guy Pitching Idea's: You know what'd be great is if we could watch cutscenes from the game as a web series. It'd be free so that people can use that to defend the show. Also I was thinking we might add something in between just so that the cutscenes make sense. We're totally making sure that no one using some sort of video game capturing software couldn't just make their own version of this using any kind of video editor at their disposal, and because people will defend it with previously mentioned point we won't have to actually try and make any new content.

Fox Exec:
You're a genius man!

robbritton

Done a bit of skipping through. There's definitely new stuff in there, and it is at the very least  interesting to see the actual game scenes from different angles. Will plough on as soon as my son finishes his piano lesson!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Predwars24 on Feb 28, 2019, 04:21:12 PMWe're totally making sure that no one using some sort of video game capturing software couldn't just make their own version of this using any kind of video editor at their disposal, and because people will defend it with previously mentioned point we won't have to actually try and make any new content.

Except this is nonsense, because I've just had a look at the first episode and a lot of the new stuff between the cutscene footage is basically a fully rendered and animated CGI movie, and not just something recorded out of the game.

Perfect-Organism

Sounds sweet!  Can't wait to get home and watch these!

Somebody needs to get to work stitching this all together into 1 awesome movie!

Predwars24

Just watched the first episode and this animation is pretty ugly at least on Amanda in this picture, and it's distracting to how it looks completely different than the actual cutscenes.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed