Fox Announces Alien: Isolation Digital Series!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 27, 2019, 05:44:31 PM

Author
Fox Announces Alien: Isolation Digital Series! (Read 74,469 times)

Frosty Venom

Finally!

I can get around this.

I wonder if it will incorporate additional elements from the novelization. 

Oasis Nadrama

Interesting.

Spoiler
They seem to throw the "main twist" of the multiple Aliens in the promo material.
[close]

Huggs

Room for a queen in this one.

Oasis Nadrama

Nooooo please no. No Queen no queen no.

ROOM FOR EGGMORPHING IN THIS ONE

Huggs

There's room for both. I doubt we'll see either.

Ingwar

Ingwar

QuoteIn this new digital series reimagining a familiar and fan-favorite story, 20th Century Fox has expanded on Alien: Isolation by taking the cut scenes from the 2014 game and adding in new story beats to bring the tale of Amanda Ripley to life in a whole new way.

Adding new story beats doesn't change the fact that this digital series look is based (literally) upon the game itself. It looks like the game itself! As I said before, it's just pure laziness. And IGN doing it? How can you give this game 5.9 out of 10?

IGN verdict: Mediocre

QuoteAlien: Isolation erases the memory of Colonial Marines, but it's still not the great Alien game we were hoping for.

Not the great game?

And this ...

QuoteThe Verdict
Alien: Isolation seemed like the perfect Alien game on paper, and for the first handful of hours it even seems to deliver on its promise on the strength of its outstanding art and sound that faithfully recreates the ambiance of the classic horror film. Instead, what was the Great Xenomorphic Hope ends in another disappointment for a license loaded with interactive-entertainment potential. It's a shame that Isolation doesn't track stats, because I'd be curious to know how many of its roughly 15-20 hours I spent hiding in lockers, staring at the motion tracker, and, most of all, how many hundreds (yes, hundreds) of times I died without a chance to save myself.

It may seem strange to complain that a game's too long, but when the genuine scares of being hunted by an unstoppable predator are so diluted by repetition and padding, Isolation's epic length really does work against it. Someday, someone is going to make an incredible Alien video game that checks every box. But, sadly, Isolation is not it.

Huggs

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 28, 2019, 05:42:17 AM

QuoteAlien: Isolation erases the memory of Colonial Marines, but it's still not the great Alien game we were hoping for.

Not the great game?

I found it to be nearly perfect.

It surpassed my expectations and desires.

It is the definitive alien gaming experience.

SiL

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 28, 2019, 05:42:17 AM
Adding new story beats doesn't change the fact that this digital series look is based (literally) upon the game itself. It looks like the game itself! As I said before, it's just pure laziness.
It's resourceful and cost effective; I doubt effort was a consideration. They spent all that time and money on design, characters, locations, rigging -- why not reuse the material? It's better than a lot of DTV 3D animations get.

Oasis Nadrama

Yeah, and it gives so many people a chance to enjoy the Isolation retrofuture art direction.

Such magnificence cannot be contained to Alien-loving gamers and the rare people who will look for screencaps. It would just be too sad. I'm so happy that many more people will get the chance to discover the Sevastopol station. <3

SM

QuoteAdding new story beats doesn't change the fact that this digital series look is based (literally) upon the game itself. It looks like the game itself!

What should it be based on if not the game?

Kradan

Quote from: Oasis Nadrama on Feb 28, 2019, 06:22:24 AM
Yeah, and it gives so many people a chance to enjoy the Isolation retrofuture art direction.

Such magnificence cannot be contained to Alien-loving gamers and the rare people who will look for screencaps. It would just be too sad. I'm so happy that many more people will get the chance to discover the Sevastopol station. <3

Man, that image looks gorgeous! Completely agreed.

SiL

Quote from: SM on Feb 28, 2019, 06:26:57 AM
What should it be based on if not the game?

Oasis Nadrama

Here, I like you, have other ones:

Plus some concept art:

Kradan

Ohhh, i can fap on it enjoy watching it all the day.  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed