Fox Announces Alien: Isolation Digital Series!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 27, 2019, 05:44:31 PM

Author
Fox Announces Alien: Isolation Digital Series! (Read 74,336 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SM on Feb 28, 2019, 12:19:11 AM
Some is cut scenes from the game; some is not.

Are the cut scene elements reanimated (with updated CGI and/or alternate framing/editing), or are they literally just lifted from the game?

Huggs

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 28, 2019, 12:20:41 AM
Quote from: SM on Feb 28, 2019, 12:19:11 AM
Some is cut scenes from the game; some is not.

Are the cut scene elements reanimated (with updated CGI and/or alternate framing/editing), or are they literally just lifted from the game?

Some of that new stuff honestly looked like it was lifted from the game.

SM

Lifted as far as I know.  I'm not sure why you'd redo them.  They still look great.

Nukiemorph

This game really didn't have THAT many cutscenes, did it?

If you watch "movie" edits of the game on YouTube, it seems like the vast majority of time is spent on gameplay footage with dialogue.  I think a lot of new content is needed to make the narrative work like this.

SM

The original game script was edited and had new stuff added.

Huggs

Good or bad, we'll know soon enough how it goes.

Huggs

Quote from: LtJesseRipley on Feb 28, 2019, 12:37:24 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbp-01epFmk . .....

I need to see who did the version I watch. It's flawless but I don't think it g.l.p.

Playground is notorious for muting audio and omitting footage at random points to avoid infringement.

Nukiemorph

Quote from: LtJesseRipley on Feb 28, 2019, 12:37:24 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbp-01epFmk . .....

The vast majority of this is just watching someone play a game with full HUD on display.  It's painful to sit through.

Perfect-Organism

Jumping on board.  Hope this is high quality...

SM

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 28, 2019, 12:50:38 AM
Quote from: SM on Feb 28, 2019, 12:23:26 AM
Lifted as far as I know.  I'm not sure why you'd redo them.  They still look great.

The rendering of the cutscenes in Isolation are f**ked up, jittery and compressed, pre-rendered even on PC. Sub-30 FPS, I talked to Matt Filer about fixing them by redoing them, but unfortunately discovered quickly that Amanda Ripley has no in-game body model so, that fell apart. It would be incredibly telling of laziness if the cutscenes aren't redone in this or perhaps they have access to the source cutscenes before they were compressed into Oblivion.

Well I really, really hope you're not too disappointed.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Richman678 on Feb 27, 2019, 11:07:20 PM
IGN......I hate that website. Why is Fox letting IGN host this show??? They gave the game a 5.9, and are the main reason the sales were not that strong. They gave it a 5.9 for christs sake!!! Think about it for a moment....

Look I am glad they made a digital series, but putting it on IGN only shows me they have no idea what they are doing.

I am not impressed with this.

Redemption?

426Buddy

Sweet! I cant wait to check this out.  ;D

Oh wait i mean

Whinge, cry, whine...

Nukiemorph

I really don't see why people care so much about the IGN thing.

One reviewer for the site gave it a low score, so the whole website isn't allowed to promote anything related to the game now?  Like it's some hypocritical betrayal?  How melodramatic.

Perfect-Organism

A super-duper, well organized way to watch the Alien: Isolation game?  For free?  How cool is that?  Many times have I tried to find something like that which didn't take 5 hours, just so I can sit down and enjoy it from beginning to end while grabbing a bite in front of the TV.  Thanks Fox.  I will enjoy this, and looking forward to a longer series, and a new movie (hint... Blomkamp)..

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed