Introducing The Predator's Emissary Predators!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 01, 2018, 12:00:49 PM

Author
Introducing The Predator's Emissary Predators! (Read 52,485 times)

Corporal Hicks

One of the most publicised removed aspects of The Predator following the extensive third act reshoots was the complete removal of a sub-plot that involved two Emissary Predators who were actively working against the Upgrade Predator and his fellow clan members.

Kyle Strauts, one of the performers who wore that extra-terrestrial reptilian skin, has been sharing some pictures on his Instagram of his time on the set of The Predator as one of the Emmisary’s!

Introducing The Predator's Emissary Predators! Introducing The Predator's Emissary Predators! Introducing The Predator's Emissary Predators! Introducing The Predator's Emissary Predators!  Introducing The Predator's Emissary Predators!  Introducing The Predator's Emissary Predators!

Titan’s The Predator: The Official Movie Special was recently released and that featured Alec Gillis and Tom Woodruff of Amalgamated Dynamics Inc. talking about designing the Emissary Predators and how they approached differentiating their design from the Fugitive Predator and from one another. You can check that out below:

Introducing The Predator's Emissary Predators!

We recently had the opportunity to chat to both Kyle Strauts and his fellow Predator performer Brian Prince for the AvP Galaxy Podcast so be sure to keep checking back in for when we release that episode! You can keep track of all the various behind-the-scenes images and information with us on the Alien vs. Predator Galaxy forums!

Keep checking in with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on The Predator! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

Whiskeybrewer

That looks great. Would have loved to have seen that on screen

Wysps

The graying dreads make me think they were intended to be older, wiser Predators. Makes sense given the role they were supposed to have (extending goodwill to humanity.)

yautjapet

I'm glad we get to actually see it - but I don't know, a lot of little things about that head are adding up to look pretty janky.

azamultic

Interesting, their forehead is much more different from Jungle Hunter predator, and Fugitive predator  :)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Wysps on Oct 01, 2018, 02:17:44 PM
The graying dreads make me think they were intended to be older, wiser Predators. Makes sense given the role they were supposed to have (extending goodwill to humanity.)

I never read the leaked script, but I hope it was less extending goodwill to humanity and more... no hunter should hunt endangered species into extinction.

Nathsp

I imagine the emisary preds like
Ey humans, we are going to hunt you, kill you, put your spine out, put your skulls in our walls but dont worry, we are not going to extinct you...we are nice guys

Feeds On Minds

Wow that face looks terrible...another home run ADI!  ::)

The Old One

The Old One

Agreed, AVP 2004 proportions.

JokersWarPig

I actually really like the face and the design of the armor.
The only thing I didn't like and I felt didn't suit them was that everything they had looked US Army issue

DerelictShip

Actually really like the head, especially the quills coming out from the chin but really confused on why they would make it look like a US Soldier

huntin8-t0n

What in actual hell is that face and head? Like the love child of Scar and Squirtle.

The Old One

The Old One

I empathize.

Wysps

I like how different the forehead looks, but man those proportions just seem way off.

goose_3387

There has to be a reason they can't get the mouth/mandibles right?!

Is it a case of can't or won't? Are they not able to achieve what the original did 31 years ago? Or are they just not that bothered with the design?

Scar, Wolf (best of the rest), Berserker (urghh!), the latest Preds. Not one mandible is right.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed