Meet the modder who's spent years trying to fix the "unfixable" Aliens CM

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 24, 2019, 02:20:06 PM

Author
Meet the modder who's spent years trying to fix the "unfixable" Aliens CM (Read 8,758 times)

Predwars24

I personally like AVP2010, just wish there was more. It didn't have to go crazy but personally it could've really improved with a few things. More missions would've helped even if it were sub sections in the missions like a facehugger or chestburster section. Maybe more customization would've been nice, with the ability to change more of the Marine and Predator appearences like Halo Reach level of customization, with Xeno's (This was the good part of ACM) I wished they really looked different from one another.

PsyKore

It was disappointing in the way that it introduced all these features that fans all wanted but unfortunately only scratched the very surface of them. Such as the Pred's vocal mimicry and the Alien's ability to blend into hive walls. Things like that were fantastic but they needed to be properly implemented.

The single player also repeated the problems with the original by being too linear and very uninspired. The Predator and Alien especially need more open levels to take advantage of their play styles. The Predator has to hunt and the Alien needs room to stalk and kill. It's very boring to play as the Alien, for instance, and only allowed to venture A-to-B through corridors and sewers for the majority of the game.

Regardless of all this, the mechanics were really solid. I loved the improvements to the Alien and Predator mobility. And it is an utterly beautiful looking game, even today. Just a shame it feels like only a taste of something better.

And as a side note, I had the most fun in this one on multiplayer.

The Old One

The Old One

And the controller layouts completely sucked, otherwise it's a thoroughly decent experience, but nothing more especially in comparison to Monolith's AVP.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed