The Perfect Predator Game

Started by Kurai, Jun 18, 2016, 04:42:55 PM

Author
The Perfect Predator Game (Read 655 times)

Kurai

Kurai

So I've been thinking about how there's all this untapped video game potential in the Aliens and Predator franchises that seem to be purposefully being ignored for one reason or another. I questioned the lack of a survival horror Alien game for a long while before Isolation came and blew my mind. It could be that they're waiting for the technology or perhaps the interest...

Well this is my idea for what I consider the perfect Predator game.

Predator: Hunting Grounds

You play as a Predator youngling out on his first hunt, your weapons and tech are at the bare minimum. Landing on a simple jungle world you are tasked with taking down the biggest, meanest predator (animal, not the capital P Predator) and claiming its skull. All this takes place in a semi-open world series of maps which you can travel to via your dropship. The planet is filled with various alien creatures that fit the planet's theme. On taking down the deadliest prey on the planet, the game will inform you that you can return to space.

Once in space you will gain the ability to trade Trophy Points for upgrades and new weapons ranging from all the staples of the original movies, such as new vision modes, gaining a shoulder cannon, duel wrist blades, different mask designs, etc. Trophy Points can also be used to unlock new Hunting Grounds, each with their own unique prey ranging from simple animals to sapient lifeforms, maybe work in some stuff for the River Ghost even? Of course Earth will be one of the worlds you can unlock.
Once all the various worlds are unlocked you will gain access to a customizable preserve world where you can mix and match species from other worlds for a unique hunt.

Multiplayer could involve gathering the most trophies to pitting your Predators head to head or even just popping into other player's preserve planets.

No story necessary, the Predator is here to hunt and hunt he shall.

What do you think?

KillCrites

KillCrites

Or perhaps you could travel to different planets for different prey.

Kurai

Kurai

Quote from: Serpent/Slayer on Jun 18, 2016, 07:45:18 PM
Or perhaps you could travel to different planets for different prey.

Quote from: Kurai on Jun 18, 2016, 04:42:55 PM
Of course Earth will be one of the worlds you can unlock.
Once all the various worlds are unlocked you will gain access to a customizable preserve world where you can mix and match species from other worlds for a unique hunt.

World = Planet
It's pretty much what I meant, sorry if it wasn't clear.  :-\

I'm not sure Xenomorphs (with a capital 'X') should be added though... If Xenos were in a game with multiple types of creature I'd want a Xeno breed based on each.  ;D

Darth Rinzler

Darth Rinzler

I like some of your ideas.  I feel as a whole though it sounds to much like those light gun hunting games on the xbox.  They are fun but i think the predator deserves better.

What if instead the predator your talking about is doing the above when a advanced unknown alien race comes to the planet for unknow reasons, for the time being,  and they destroy the clan ship, with all or most predators on board.  You only had bare minimum equipment, you already have used most of your consumables.  Now you must stay alive, survive the deadly native creatures, including one that were off limits to you because of experience and equipment given to you, and now survive the advanced hostiles that destroyed your family and avenge them.

Additionally this could be a story that explains the creation of the Black Predators, the survivor is the progenitor / founder of the Black Predators we see in Predators and AvP:Evolution.  The aliens that attached him were addicted to biological augmentation and manipulation.   They would travel planet too planet, using what yhe salvaged of the black goo, from Prometheus which i feel IS ROYAL JELLY,  they were adding the dna of dangerous creatures in the universe too their own. 

Proclaiming that the old ways were dead, it injects itself with the black goo, becoming a new lifeform, a different type of predalien from my perspective.  It had seen it clan members that survived the ship too ship battle die when they wouldn't have IF they hadn't honored the ways of the hunt against the new attackers.

It would rejoin its clan mothership, it would bring about a new law that would destroy the old, the ways of change.

Also additional you could have some fun hints that said attackers are the precursor too the thing, they haven't gathered enough attributes from other alien creatures and or shot them selves up with black goo to be as infectious as they are seen in the movies and games.  They would have an alternate history to the ones in the John Carpenter universe just like how Blade Runner experiences an alternate history in the AvP Prometheus universe.

Kurai

Kurai

Quote from: Darth Rinzler on Jun 19, 2016, 05:26:22 PM
I like some of your ideas.  I feel as a whole though it sounds to much like those light gun hunting games on the xbox.  They are fun but i think the predator deserves better.

Well that was my whole point, it's a hunting game for a creature that is defined by its desire to hunt. :P

A story driven game could be fun, and probably would be, but it's difficult to find that sweet spot for a race that doesn't speak English and anything you introduce could be classified as non-canon (which always irks me so).
A game driven by gameplay rather than story suits the Predator better IMO.  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed