Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 638,442 times)

Redfield

Redfield

yeah bishop wasnt a villain. he wouldnt have taken an egg for the derelict cause he has 2 follow orders. and he was just as scared of them as the rest.

ArchangeL

ArchangeL

Maybe the egg was placed there by the director of Alien3.

In the Ripley Vs Queen battle scene, when the queen extends her inner jaws, you can clearly see a grinning Mr. Fincher behind the battle

CPL HICKS

CPL HICKS

I just want to say Burke was a TOTAL ASSHOLE and got what he deserved... KILLED. :)
I do think Bishop did it, was'nt he coming out of the Sulaco when Ripley walked up, I'm not sure I may have to watch again here soon to check that out. :-\

AtR

AtR

It deffinately wasn't the Queen because she was hiding on the dropship and attacked bishop as soon as everybody(exept Hicks) got out. Bishop wouldn't have time to plant the egg, nor would of he managed to do that without Ripley notocing it. They all took off from Sulaco and all(who were left) got on the Sulaco.

It was just a random egg plant, not really thought on, just to make Alien3 happen.

Meathead320

Meathead320

I always thought the egg was in the landing leg section of the drop ship.

Hmmm.

The aliens may have a lot more hidden tricks that we do not give them credit for.

They have a knack for sneaking onto escape ships. A1 alien, A2 Queen.

They put eggs in places you would never expect. Sulaco or Dropship.

They come up with new abilities that seem to suit any situation just fine. Look at the A4 aliens swimming.

Spitting acid.

The A1 Alien making an egg.

We think we have figured out their limitations yet, perhaps we have not.

Could the Queen have a way of excreting a blob of gelatinous substance that would form an egg? This may be somewhat the stuff she excretes into her egg sack normally. Who would think that it can form an egg outside?

If this is possible, could this be done very fast, so she may have even put it/them under the steel grating while she was "chasing" newt?

That is the thing I see all over the boards; "the alines cude not du that cuz they would need bla bla bla, and wude dy otherwise, cuz thay are week."

Ok, that is a gross exaggeration, but I think they get underestimated a lot. Classic mistake of these humans involved with them in the films.

CPL HICKS

CPL HICKS

Oh those movie makers are some tricky people, gotta keep your eye them. 8)

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

I used to strongly defend that it was in fact some sort of 'emergency' egg laid by the queen. There are a few reasons for this, it seems to fit in nicely with the general survival instincts and characteristics of the species, also in A3 the unique 'queen' facehugger that the egg bore (which the egg itself was unique with the five petals rather than four)

However, the placement of the egg doesnt seem to be anywhere where the queen was, certainly not in the landing gear of the dropship. Also, the queen was never out of site while on the Sulaco (except when in the landing gear), so its highly unlikely that she somehow managed to lay this egg unnoticed.

This leaves Bishop. Bishop isn't like Ash, hes a better modle, but that doesnt mean he isnt suseptable to being controlled or bound by commands given to him by whomever. He had the time, was in the right place, and could be controled (I believe it may have been something along the lines of someone at WY patching in to him or programing him to not remember doing it so he could overide the rules about harming humans). I do believe the egg was a special egg with the queen facehugger for the purpose of keeping the species going or spreading, but I don't see enough evidence to support it was laid on the sulaco by the queen.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Eidotemit on Jan 21, 2007, 10:51:10 PM
This leaves Bishop. Bishop isn't like Ash, hes a better modle, but that doesnt mean he isnt suseptable to being controlled or bound by commands given to him by whomever. He had the time, was in the right place, and could be controled (I believe it may have been something along the lines of someone at WY patching in to him or programing him to not remember doing it so he could overide the rules about harming humans). I do believe the egg was a special egg with the queen facehugger for the purpose of keeping the species going or spreading, but I don't see enough evidence to support it was laid on the sulaco by the queen.
But, if this had happened, it would have been shown. Besides, Cameron had always maintained that Bishop was an alright guy.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

remember though, when Aliens was filmed there was no plans for A3, and thus everything filmed was meant at face value. Then A3 came along and presented this question, and you have to derive how it happened based of the information you are provided with from the films.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Eidotemit on Jan 22, 2007, 12:06:42 AM
remember though, when Aliens was filmed there was no plans for A3, and thus everything filmed was meant at face value. Then A3 came along and presented this question, and you have to derive how it happened based of the information you are provided with from the films.
That's really good, except that there was nothing that even hints at Bishop going through the motions of smuggling an egg onto the Sulaco's dropship.

CPL HICKS

CPL HICKS

Like I said, those moviemakers are some tricky people. ;)
They'll do whatever it takes to keep it going ;D

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Quote from: maledoro on Jan 22, 2007, 01:48:19 AM
That's really good, except that there was nothing that even hints at Bishop going through the motions of smuggling an egg onto the Sulaco's dropship.

Yeah, Im not saying its a cookie-cutter fit, but its the just the best explaination I see. Bishop could have left after Ripley went to get newt, droped the eg off and came back. Implausible? Very, and its a poor explaination. I believe that I've heard some better ways Bishop could have done it, but point is that from what I can see it is the only explaination that works, so far. Believe me, Im open to a different idea on hw it got there if a reasonable one could be explained.

maledoro

maledoro

Really?

AtR

AtR

19 minutes until the explosion of the reactor, 40 (or so minutes) to fly from sulaco to LV426 surface. Bishop didn't leave after Ripley went after Newt.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Like I said, im sure there were better stories of how he did it out there, and its hardly air tight.

An emergency egg theory makes so much more sense to me that the Bishop theory, but there just has to be a way to explain how it go tto where it is and why no one noticed it.

The egg clearly isnt in the dropship landing gear or in the dropship itself, which is the only place the Queen was before she showed herself on the Sulaco. Perhaps it is, in fact, in the dropships landing gear, but it certainly doesnt seem like it from whats shown. I'd love to hear a good reason for the emergency egg theory, because like I said I like it much better and it makes more sense to me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed