Prometheus comics?

Started by vikingspawn, Mar 27, 2012, 09:58:52 PM

Author
Prometheus comics? (Read 36,318 times)

predxeno

predxeno

I guess this confirms that NOW comic producers and moviemakers prefer some consistency between comics.

SM

SM

They've always preferred consistency.  Particularly the comic publisher, because it legitimises their product.

However, there's no way Riddles will be beholden to a comic book if there's some inconsistency that pops up. He wasn't even beholden to the AvP films.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Shit, I'd go so far as to say that he personally didn't care about anything outside of 'Alien' (and perhaps not even that, given how Prometheus retcons it - and Ridley Scott would be the first to admit that, too).
Any references we got to 'Aliens' were likely things put there by the writer and whatnot that slipped under his radar or otherwise didn't bother him, not conscious decisions on Scott's part.

Kronnang_Dunn

Kronnang_Dunn

While I loved Prometheus and love the art pieces shown... I don't think a comic about Prometheus would be a good idea. A comic adaptation of the film would be good, because it would be a comic retelling of stuff already created.... but expanded universe comics are risky.... they could cheapen and make mundane things that were profound and gave a great aura of mystery to the original film.

SM

SM

A lot of people think the original film was cheap and mundane, so no big deal

SIMULANT

SIMULANT

The fact its taken this long to even get into the pre-production stage of a Prometheus comic is worrying. Surely this should have begun during the production of the film. Also it could be contradicted with future film sequel releases.

SM

SM

QuoteThe fact its taken this long to even get into the pre-production stage of a Prometheus comic is worrying. Surely this should have begun during the production of the film.

The first Aliens comics came out 2 years after the film.

QuoteAlso it could be contradicted with future film sequel releases.

Obviously they'd try to avoid this, but every other Aliens comic got contradicted by sequels, so who knows...

SIMULANT

SIMULANT

Quote from: SM on Jul 29, 2013, 05:29:08 AM
QuoteThe fact its taken this long to even get into the pre-production stage of a Prometheus comic is worrying. Surely this should have begun during the production of the film.

The first Aliens comics came out 2 years after the film.

Yeah I know but would have thought that they may have thought ahead now but obviously not.

SM

SM

Probably lots of things to take into consideration - like if they even wanted the license to do comics, depending on the reaction to the film.  And if they had a story they thought they could tell based on the film.  Film's only been out for about a year.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: SM on Jul 29, 2013, 05:29:08 AM
QuoteAlso it could be contradicted with future film sequel releases.

Obviously they'd try to avoid this, but every other Aliens comic got contradicted by sequels, so who knows...

I think they said that Dark Horse would be conferring with the people behind Prometheus regarding consistencies in that vid vikingspawn posted last page.

SM

SM

No different to them liasing with Fox on the Aliens comics I'd imagine.  Fox let them do comics featuring Hicks, Newt and Ripley, when they were developing scripts that paid no attention to the comic storylines.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

To be fair that was at a time where "expanded universe" stuff wasn't exactly taken seriously by license-holders. Even 'Star Wars' EU stuff didn't really ramp up into the sorta-mainstream until Timothy Zahn's trilogy in 1991, despite West End Games doing sourcebooks and shit for years prior.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed