Prometheus Footage Screening and Q&A

Started by shamash, Apr 10, 2012, 10:37:23 AM

Author
Prometheus Footage Screening and Q&A (Read 69,792 times)

Valaquen

... since the 70's Scott has said he's a businessman, and makes movies for mass audiences and money.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Valaquen on Apr 13, 2012, 12:43:28 PM
... since the 70's Scott has said he's a businessman, and makes movies for mass audiences and money.
Ha! I dare people to say 'well this guy makes movies just for money' again as a criticism against other directors.

T Dog

T Dog

I posted yesterday that he's been a sell out since 82' (Blade Runner). And I'm holding to that. Probably why so many of his films have been good but not exceptional.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Shut up A Good Year is awesome.

RoaryUK

Quote from: Glaive on Apr 13, 2012, 12:38:50 PM
The average length of ANY theatrical film is around 90 minutes.

Not too sure I agree with that, a lot of the kids stuff that are U and PG perhaps, but over the last 12 months a lot of movies have been 100 minutes or more, especially some of the higher profile stuff.   :)

Valaquen

Quote from: tmjhur on Apr 13, 2012, 12:46:34 PM

I posted yesterday that he's been a sell out since 82' (Blade Runner). And I'm holding to that. Probably why so many of his films have been good but not exceptional.
And he's been wanting to mass market his movies since The Duellists. He just wasn't successful. People think 'sell-outs' who fail have more artistic integrity? Even going back to the The Duellists he was derided as less of an artist and more of an ad-man.

Glaive

No, that just means Ridley is more pragmatic than more 'air-head/ wet-behind the-ears' directors...and as such is MORE LIKELY to have his vision REALISED!!!

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

...that cigar is such a dead give away, bet he's been smoking that since the 70's too.... wonder what he's really smokin;  ;D
I've only ever met Sir Riddles once, long time ago some 30 years at least, but he wasn't smoking in then I recall...lol

Glaive

"Wheezey Wanka and the Tobacco Factory"... ;D

RoaryUK

Quote from: Glaive on Apr 13, 2012, 01:00:15 PM
"Wheezey Wanka and the Tobacco Factory"... ;D

Well, if it makes him happy it's obviously good shit, wouldn't you say  ;)  ...maybe Prometheus will suprise us in more ways than we ever imagined.

JonesTheCat

Why all the sudden hate for Scott?

Some people really need to grow up.

NGR01

NGR01

This not hate but objectivity.
Scott has never been an author he's a solid and gifted director who wants to fill seats.
He's an artist with a strong businessman side.
It's an insult.

Eva

Eva

Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere - it's hard to keep track where posters inform of rating issues, but I discovered this interesting tidbit:

QuoteDirector Ridley Scott & the cast of Prometheus recenty took part in a multitude of Q&A press sessions for the movie in & a recording of the Paris event has emerged online [in French]. During the event it was also revealed that the movies run-time will be 1 hour & 59 minutes but there will also be an extended cut with an additional 17 minutes of footage. This is currently a very contentious issue with the fanbase & seems to imply that the shorter version is a PG-13 rating while the extended version is for an R rating & from what I am hearing the R-rating will be screened as the European threatrical release while the US will suffer the PG-13.

http://www.scriptflags.com/2012/04/prometheus-multiple-running-times.html

Any credibility to this story?

gooner_no1

gooner_no1

Quotehttp://www.scriptflags.com/2012/04/prometheus-multiple-running-times.html

Any credibility to this story?

None whatsoever.

1. There won't be an alternative version with an extra 17 minutes; this is due to misreporting what Scott said in Paris, he was referring to another film which he'd restored 17 minutes to later on, but said that his cut on Prometheus is pretty much final.

2. The author of that "article" is simply extrapolating based on that false piece of information.

Zeta Reticuli

new picture?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed