Why does everybody hate AVP: Requiem so much?

Started by Aliens1986fanboy, Oct 06, 2018, 11:33:27 AM

Author
Why does everybody hate AVP: Requiem so much? (Read 44,293 times)

Voodoo Magic

You speak the truth Huggsy. Sorry for my part in being huffy. Love you brother. You too Old One, no matter how heated our debates get sis.  ;)

SM

Way to miss the point of the edit button...
:laugh:

The Old One

The Old One

Sometimes it's more than that and you know it, Mister; "my opinion is the correct one" in this instance and if I can't refute your point of view, I'll just laugh at it with the emoji.

Y'know what whatever, I'm out.

SM

QuoteSometimes it's more than that and you know it, Mister; "my opinion is the correct one" in this instance and if I can't refute your point of view, I'll just laugh at it with the emoji.

And that's not at all disingenuous...

The Cruentus

Everyone needs to chill and perhaps reread this https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=3.0

Namely this: - Be Nice & Respecful. Be nice to other members. While a forum is for debating issues, just plain insulting people will not be tolerated.
and  this - Think About What You're Posting. If what you're posting is offensive, insensitive or etc, please don't post it. Use your common sense.

Disagreements is no reason be uncivil with one another.

Corporal Hicks

Indeed. Let's chill out please folk.

Oasis Nadrama

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 10, 2019, 04:37:54 AM
Let's not get negative with each other guys, because nobody is likely to change their minds on this movie.

Very true.

Also for all the shit I can say about Requiem or AVP or Resurrection or Predator films or whatever, the fact is aesthetics debates will never be as important as respecting fellow human beings.

And respecting fellow human beings comes with the respect they can like (or dislike) something we don't like (or do like).

Reminds me of a time when a friend of mine talked so much shit about the Lord of the Rings movies I could not watch the trilogy anymore. My enjoyment of these movies was ruined. That's a feeling I don't want to feel ever again, and I don't want other people to have such feelings either.  :-[

The Old One

The Old One

I got that from people hating on Prometheus, a certain someone anyway that felt the need to impose  their misery on others, it irreversibly ruined any potential enjoyment I had of it, for some time. Regardless of the writing quality. Artistically and aesthetically it was inspirational beforehand.

Your friend's a moron BTW, LOTR's as close to cinematic perfection as it gets- there's not a single damn scene that's not excellent.

Oasis Nadrama

I agree. Unlike The Hobbit (massacre of such a good book  :( ), Jackson's adaptation of Lord of the Rings is a complete masterpiece.

And I'm so sorry that you were brought to feel that way about Prometheus, especially since I love this movie so much. I faced the criticism towards this movie, too, in French cinema forums it's universally mocked for its relatively bad writing, but I fell in love with the movie the first time I watched it, and with each rewatching I love it a little more.

SM

How does one get turned off a movie one likes because other people trashed it?

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 11, 2019, 01:09:18 AM
the need to impose their misery on others

Yeah, it surprisingly really can be toxic. I've read that it happens to be a reoccurring trait among chronically unhappy people, and can be very detrimental to emotionally healthy individuals, in an manner almost like second hand smoke.

426Buddy

That or some people are going through tough times in their personal life and sometimes they end up blowing off some steam here, some times unintentionally.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: SM on Feb 11, 2019, 01:53:12 AM
How does one get turned off a movie one likes because other people trashed it?

Indeed! How can that be possible ??? If someone doesn't like something that I enjoy, I don't give a f**k. It's just my subjective taste/opinion. The end.

The only answers that come to my mind are:

A) The guy/gal is very insecure, to the point that he/she can change his/her opinion only for the sake of fit with a group of people or single important individual.

B) The film, indeed, does have flaws, and the person who enjoyed it feels a bit (without the intention of offending) silly after someone else showed him/her the details that he/she couldn't identify at first. There is nothing bad with being wrong, but ultimately it can be a hard blow to the ego, I guess.   

C) The key is in the language and tone with which something is being communicated. Insults, of course, are not necessary to emphasize in point. Even so, I'm struggling to figure out how that can ruin a movie for you. Although undoubtedly, this can f**k your experience in forums.

SM

Quite.

The new Star Wars films get trashed almost constantly here.  It's not difficult to just generally avoid reading that thread.  And even if I were stupid enough to argue with everyone on that thread, I don't imagine it's going to make not like the new Star Wars films.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 11, 2019, 02:35:31 AM
Indeed! How can that be possible ??? If someone doesn't like something that I enjoy, I don't give a f**k. It's just my subjetive taste/opinion. The end.

The only answers that come to my mind are:

A co-worker of mine who gave up smoking cold-turkey has been mocking another co-worker for not being able to kick the habbit after several attempts. He assumes since it was easy for him, it should be easy for anyone, like we all are psychological and philosophical cut from the same cookie-cutter.

Why do spouses abused often stay with their abusers, when if it was me, I would just leave? Why when I drink I can have a good time and stop whenever I want, but others adopt violent behavior when they drink sometimes under the influence of only certain types of alcohol, while even others become full blown alcoholics? Why are some stress eaters and others can't eat under stress? Why do some have anxiety attacks when confronted and others are calm as can be?

Specifically there has been psychological studies how negativity can be toxic to others. If one can withstand it, good on them. But I believe if anyone looks for all the answers in one's own mind, as a construct of one-size-fits-all set rules, one will never find them.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed