Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 10, 2013, 08:24:08 PM

Author
Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series (Read 279,428 times)

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I always preferred the early logo for Requiem that used the original fonts on it.

I can't remember if it's actually used in the film (haven't seen it in about 4 years)

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

The classic logo is the best logo in my opinion.

Quote from: Master on May 22, 2014, 09:03:54 AM
Well I like it. I like AvP too, to some extent. Better then Prometheus and Predators (not to mention AvP-r) imo.

We seem to agree on that.  ;D

Ultramorph

I don't mind the the AvP movie logo. I just get a kick out of whether they decide go with "Aliens vs Predator" or "Alien vs Predator" for any given series.  :laugh:

I think I need to see some more interiors soon, because the more I look the more "Colonial Marines" I'm seeing.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on May 22, 2014, 03:59:10 PM
I think I need to see some more interiors soon, because the more I look the more "Colonial Marines" I'm seeing.

I think that this is one of those things where they mentioned what they had kept in mind, and mentioned as "tie-in's" but they seem to come off more as nods or homages. These may not necessarily be connections to the previous continuity.

Still iffy about Elden being mutated.. I know you mentioned the Replicant idea but I hope they don't go down that route. If that is the case, then I think someone took the Blade Runner reference a bit too seriously.

Jarac

Jarac

Don't care much for AVP, the other three, though, have my attention. Especially the Aliens one.

happypred

happypred

I've always preferred the one with the er..."eye"-shaped "I" in ALIENS

RakaiThwei

Diamondback Predator

When is the Fire and Ice series supposed to be released?

Ultramorph

It starts September 10th with the release of Prometheus #1, then the rest of the series premier after that in intervals of two weeks.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I thought I would channel some of my anticipation for the reboot into whipping up an image to use as my signature. I don't pretend to be a Photoshop master, but I'm interested in what you think.

Cleaned it up and added Ahab. I'm pretty pleased with it.

happypred

happypred

I would say remove the predator head at the bottom. Only part of it is visible. You already have Ahab on the left

Ultramorph

Quote from: happypred on May 27, 2014, 05:51:49 AM
I would say remove the predator head at the bottom. Only part of it is visible. You already have Ahab on the left

Yeah that does look a bit off.

Darwinsgirl

Vikingspawn tipped me off on this magazine just out about the new comic series.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/05/28/bleeding-cool-magazines-sci-fi-spectacular-in-stores-today/

Ultramorph

Nice, I'll have to pick that up!

Also, NECA is showing us their SDCC exclusive Predator tomorrow. This will most likely be the Ahab figure.

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/472119971019894784

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on May 30, 2014, 01:55:02 AM
This will most likely be the Ahab figure.

Agreed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed