Can we expect to see the Queen in a follow up to Isolation?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Dec 10, 2014, 11:38:48 PM

Author
Can we expect to see the Queen in a follow up to Isolation? (Read 34,882 times)

The Old One

The Old One

The imagination's always superior.

HuDaFuK

Yeah, both River of Pain and Newt's Tale were hugely disappointing, if you ask me.

Huggs

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 12, 2019, 09:31:45 AM
Quote from: The Old One on Jul 11, 2019, 09:12:24 AM
I don't, I've had enough of LV-426/Alien Trilogy location video game interpretation,
if we return to a location let it be a Prequel one.

Regardless, it's Hope For The Future's Scenario and no cease and desist so far,
meaning definitely 20th Century Fox isn't using the idea.

I just want to see fall of Hadley's Hope scenario done properly. River of Pain did it almost right but I still left unsatisfied.

Listen to the audible drama.

The Cruentus

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 11, 2019, 08:42:35 AM
Quote from: LastSurvivor92 on Jun 23, 2019, 04:57:39 AMCreative Assembly should do the same thing but with Hadley's Hope and the marine weaponry from Aliens. Make it more of a hunted becomes the hunter scenario.

I really wouldn't that.

The entire point of Isolation was that, for once, the Alien wasn't just cannon fodder for you to shoot at, you were the one running scared. I'd hate for them to completely renege on that in a sequel.

Exactly, I don't know why some folk just don't get this. We get a good Alien game after the rubbish A:CM, which worked for many reasons, one being that it was different to the usual formula,  fans rejoiced.....and then some of them want a sequel to be like A:CM.... :P

They seem to forget the reason why Isolation was good, because it was not a run and gun, marines galore that we have had since the 90s.

Don't get me wrong, Aliens versus Predators games were great but Isolation is meant to reference the first film, not the second and in that it succeeded, changing that formula would be a mistake. If you want marines, then wait for a completely different Alien or Alien versus Predator game. No need to insert that stuff into potential Isolation sequels.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 12, 2019, 04:03:56 PMListen to the audible drama.

Nah, the River of Pain story is just a bit naff regardless of format.

Having an entire platoon of mystery Marines at the colony before the film will never be anything other than terminally daft. Not to mention the story is missing half the events we're told happened there in Aliens. The last stand where the colonists conspicuously barricade off operations and "block off the stairs with heavy equipment"? Never mentioned in the book. The woman they find alive in the hive in the film, who clearly lasted quite some time and was only taken shortly before the Marines arrived? Never mentioned. When you add in the silly moustache-twirling W-Y scientist sub-plot and the fact it's completely devoid of any horror, it does fall a bit flat compared to how I imagine the scenario.

Don't get me wrong, Dirk Maggs and co. did a predictably stellar job of the audio drama adaptation, but the book's just lame.

Huggs

It doesn't match up with what we see in the movie, which is why I imagine it as an alternate universe.

In that way, it's not half bad. The book I can't even remember, but Dirk's work is always top tier. That his drama is better than the book is just a given.

Samhain13

Samhain13

River of Pain was disappointing and didn't add much of value to the Hadley's Hope incident. Heck it was almost as unnecessary as Out of Shadows.

Huggs

That's why I thank God for Dirk Maggs.

Still Collating...

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 12, 2019, 04:11:33 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Jul 12, 2019, 04:03:56 PMListen to the audible drama.

Nah, the River of Pain story is just a bit naff regardless of format.

Having an entire platoon of mystery Marines at the colony before the film will never be anything other than terminally daft. Not to mention the story is missing half the events we're told happened there in Aliens. The last stand where the colonists conspicuously barricade off operations and "block off the stairs with heavy equipment"? Never mentioned in the book. The woman they find alive in the hive in the film, who clearly lasted quite some time and was only taken shortly before the Marines arrived? Never mentioned. When you add in the silly moustache-twirling W-Y scientist sub-plot and the fact it's completely devoid of any horror, it does fall a bit flat compared to how I imagine the scenario.

Don't get me wrong, Dirk Maggs and co. did a predictably stellar job of the audio drama adaptation, but the book's just lame.

My thoughts exactly.

Kradan

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 12, 2019, 04:03:56 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Jul 12, 2019, 09:31:45 AM
Quote from: The Old One on Jul 11, 2019, 09:12:24 AM
I don't, I've had enough of LV-426/Alien Trilogy location video game interpretation,
if we return to a location let it be a Prequel one.

Regardless, it's Hope For The Future's Scenario and no cease and desist so far,
meaning definitely 20th Century Fox isn't using the idea.

I just want to see fall of Hadley's Hope scenario done properly. River of Pain did it almost right but I still left unsatisfied.

Listen to the audible drama.

I've done it before even reading actual book!  ;D

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

River of Pain is painfully mediocre and Newt's Tale is not good, but Dirk Maggs improves anything.

Huggs

I hope we at least get to see a queen xeno in a future game, if we get a future game.

Because I'd hate to have A:CM be the last time we get one. The injustice of how she was handled in that game still hurts the soul.

HuDaFuK

The injustice of how everything was handled in that game upsets me.

Praetorian Guard

Thinking about A:CM still hurts me spiritually even today.

Huggs

I feel like o'neal when I think of what Randy did.

"Do you know what you take away?!"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed