AvP Annihilation - John Shirley

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 16, 2021, 04:47:21 PM

Author
AvP Annihilation - John Shirley (Read 9,681 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 18, 2021, 10:35:09 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 18, 2021, 08:08:10 AM
To be fair, Shirley has also written for film. He wrote The Crow, multiple awards for writing. It's just his early take on the Alien and Predators were just too wild. Like I mentioned earlier, his short in If It Bleeds was good from what I remember. Hopefully this one will be too!

Don't you dare give Shirley credit for The Crow, sir! That was adapted from a comic book by James O'Barr. I own this graphic novel!

Annihilation on the otherhand was an entirely original work. It was his novel, that was adapted for a film.

But I concur, still hoping for the best!  :) 🤞

Shirley didn't write the Annihilation novel, that was VanderMeer.

Voodoo Magic

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

No, I refuse.  >:(

Some Old Dude

Shirley wrote the Doom movie novelisation I read on a plane once lol, so I have no opinion of him as a writer either way.

Given the title, this isn't PWSA's unmade sequel in book form is it?

Corporal Hicks

Just confirmed it, this was an adaptation of the anime.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 07, 2023, 09:05:10 AMJust confirmed it, this was an adaptation of the anime.

Wow! So that probably means the novel is completed and shelved. They really need to release this anime!

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 07, 2023, 09:05:10 AMJust confirmed it, this was an adaptation of the anime.

Oh crap... I remember hearing the name Annihilation floating around in regards to an AVP novel a couple years back (it popped into my mind again when the anime was revealed to have had that title), but I assumed that was more just coincidence than anything. I also had no clue that the Annihilation novel never actually came out.

Was a synopsis for this book ever released? Or, erm, leaked?

The timing of this is also pretty interesting. We know the anime was both commissioned and later killed all during the Fox era, but Cadigan's Alien 3 novel that this book was first teased in released in 2021, well into the Disney era. So someone in the relatively recent past had tried dusting Annihilation (if not the anime itself, at least its story) off, before it got snuffed out again...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed