Exclusive: More Jockey Images from Prometheus

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 09, 2011, 07:01:56 PM

Author
Exclusive: More Jockey Images from Prometheus (Read 80,283 times)

Dogme

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Dec 17, 2011, 02:32:26 AM
Quote from: harlock on Dec 17, 2011, 12:21:27 AMNow why a race of ancient god-like aliens would have so much interest in terraforming a planet then engineering a race in their image (one you would guess would be planned to be subservient to them and less technologically adept), watching over them and manufacturing their evolution over billions of years? The time-scale is the main thing that bothers me.
It may be that the race that terraformed Earth did not intend to wait at all, but merely moved on. They may have gone dormant (I think you suggested this earlier) like the race in Dan O'Bannons origin story for Alien. The clue, whatever it is, may not have been intentional, so when the precocious humans get in their FTL star ship and land on the alien world they awaken them. Elizabeth Shaw is described as a woman of faith and a little naive, and it may be that she champions the missions, only to discover that her gods are monsters, quite literally.

Further to the awakening idea, I have long thought that (based on the leaked SDCC images and the trailer) that the Jockey chair is actually activated by one of the crew.

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee395/ChrisPachi/apro3.jpg

Just a guess of course, but I like the idea of a dormant ancient race being awoken, but rather than being benevolent they turn out to be down-right 'nasty'.

-Chris
The engineers sound like intergalctic chavs, smashing up bus stops, creating murals and starting the human race!

harlock

The Engineer only created the human race so he could get a council planet to live in...  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed