The E3 Thread - New Screenshots, Previews and Articles Inside!

Started by ikarop, Jun 07, 2011, 03:17:14 PM

Author
The E3 Thread - New Screenshots, Previews and Articles Inside! (Read 112,382 times)

Nightlord

Guys I would'nt be so quick to believe that wiki, that info is from 08, alot has changed since then.

Xhan

CEs are still in the game, and were never "QTE"s to begin with. It's a contextual attack and defense.

RagingDragon

Yeah usually wikipedia is pretty current, at least within days, but who knows with the more obscure topics like year-away video games being developed.  How much manpower must they have?  Is their a massive warehouse full of wikipedia researchers that constantly update and expand the site all day?  It sounds tiring, but it's very interesting, and I appreciate the site. 

MrBrokenTusks.

As I am late to the previews and can't be bothered to read threw all in one go, what are the general positives that the journalists mention, and what are the worse?

Kimo

ikarop

More links added to the main post (probably the last time I update it). Also ACM got a small mention at an interview by Gamesindustry.

QuoteQ: What are you impressions of E3 this year, of the three platform holders?

Mike Hayes: (...) And as you know, Sega's reasonably close to Nintendo, so again, we had the first look on Wii U. With Aliens: Colonial Marines we've actually been using the controller, but because we were the only third party that has something working it was decided not show that, quite rightly (...)

(...) And then I think for us the thing we're most thrilled about is Aliens: Colonial Marines, on the basis that we announced that quite a few years ago and we made a decision to craft it and spend more time with Gearbox, and I think we've been proven right by the response we've had at the show.

Q: It's one of the busiest demos on the show floor.

Mike Hayes: Yeah, and for us, Sega's quite a broad church of games, I think Aliens is definitely the core franchise that will do best for us as a company. And the response that we've had has just been absolutely second to none. So that's good for us.

RagingDragon

Quote from: MrBrokenTusks. on Jun 19, 2011, 10:06:36 AM
As I am late to the previews and can't be bothered to read threw all in one go, what are the general positives that the journalists mention, and what are the worse?

Previews have been all over the board, but general pros are the atmosphere (most said very similar to Aliens) including the lighting, the xenomorphs themselves, the drop in/out co-op, the standoff scenes, and the ominous return to the Sulaco and LV-426.  The marines were also praised for being foul-mouthed and realistic, bringing back a lot of that special Apone magic.  Sentry guns are in, as well as door welding (but only mentioned in one preview.)

The crusher is new, sounds/looks like a sort of Praetorian that rams the marines and is bulletproof.  I think the given explanation for this variant was the heavy radiation contamination from the atmosphere processor.  Power loaders are also playable, and the marines apparently weld flamethrowers and pulse rifles to the arms. 

Also 3 acts confirmed, Sulaco, Hadley's Hope, and Derelict (!) 

Weren't really a lot of cons, and some of the previews were rather strange as they dinged the game on things other previews had praised it over.  Mostly just early development issues and bugs, but I don't remember reading anything really negative.

MrBrokenTusks.

Thanks, exactly what I wanted.

robbritton

newbeing

Quote from: ikarop on Jun 28, 2011, 01:02:08 PM
Another interview from E3 http://games.on.net/article/13004/Developer_Video_Interview_Aliens_Colonial_Marines

Best interview yet IMO. Kind of answered a lot of questions including the whole deal with squad based mechanics.

RagingDragon

Another interview from E3 http://games.on.net/article/13004/Developer_Video_Interview_Aliens_Colonial_Marines

Good questions from the interviewer.  Sounds like co-op mechanics will be limited :-\ but still looking good to me.  The WiiU business keeps getting more intersting.  The talk about the sentry gun feedback being on the WiiU controller sounded cool, especially if you could see a little camera from the gun POV as it engaged aliens.  That would be sick!!!

King Rathalos

Quote from: RagingDragon on Jun 28, 2011, 04:44:39 PM

Good questions from the interviewer.  Sounds like co-op mechanics will be limited :-\ but still looking good to me.  The WiiU business keeps getting more intersting.  The talk about the sentry gun feedback being on the WiiU controller sounded cool, especially if you could see a little camera from the gun POV as it engaged aliens.  That would be sick!!!

If those rumors of the Wii U turn out to be true, that will be the second Nintendo console I'll buy for a specific game.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed