What's the rush with the helicopter?

Started by overthere, Aug 27, 2022, 12:11:30 AM

Author
What's the rush with the helicopter? (Read 1,497 times)

overthere

Throughout the movie, there is a sense of urgency to "get to the choppa", because "you think that chopper's gonna wait?"

Not only does the chopper wait, they land in the center of a mini nuke.

No one would have thought to approach the scene of such a huge explosion.

And one of the reasons the chopper can't land where they are is because "this place is too hot for a pickup"...right, and a mushrooom cloud is a good smoke signal on where to land?

Something's up with the choppa. I think the choppa is the main villain of the movie.

Local Trouble

Dutch's team and the chopper weren't supposed to be there.  They were on the wrong side of the border so their op was most likely illegal.

The US Army ain't going to hang around indefinitely to evac a bunch of dead men who were already deemed expendable.  In fact, Dutch was lucky that Anna got to the chopper to tell them what was going on.

overthere

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 27, 2022, 12:31:16 AMDutch's team and the chopper weren't supposed to be there.  They were on the wrong side of the border so their op was most likely illegal.

The US Army ain't going to hang around indefinitely to evac a bunch of dead men who were already deemed expendable.  In fact, Dutch was lucky that Anna got to the chopper to tell them what was going on.

How could the general do that to Dutch!?
He seemed so nice.

But still, that's all the more reason not to come back to check if Dutch is alive, especially after a giant explosion.

SiL

SiL

#3
Dutch knows it's dodgy but thinks it's a rescue mission.

Also, it's a movie.

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: overthere on Aug 27, 2022, 06:43:38 AMHow could the general do that to Dutch!?
He seemed so nice.


He's a soldier. Obeys orders even if he disagrees with them. Not to would be a dereliction of duty.

He gives Dillon a side glance when they're telling Dutch the mission. A small tell that they are not being completely up front with him.

overthere

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Aug 27, 2022, 07:55:07 AMHe's a soldier. Obeys orders even if he disagrees with them. Not to would be a dereliction of duty.

He gives Dillon a side glance when they're telling Dutch the mission. A small tell that they are not being completely up front with him.

How come US army can contract freelancers for a mission anyway?

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: overthere on Aug 27, 2022, 10:22:51 AM
Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Aug 27, 2022, 07:55:07 AMHe's a soldier. Obeys orders even if he disagrees with them. Not to would be a dereliction of duty.

He gives Dillon a side glance when they're telling Dutch the mission. A small tell that they are not being completely up front with him.

How come US army can contract freelancers for a mission anyway?

I do not know if this is or has ever been done? Maybe someone with more military expertise will know?

Or as Sil commented it's a movie. :) 

The Eighth Passenger

The Eighth Passenger

#7
Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Aug 27, 2022, 11:47:23 AM
Quote from: overthere on Aug 27, 2022, 10:22:51 AMHow come US army can contract freelancers for a mission anyway?

I do not know if this is or has ever been done? Maybe someone with more military expertise will know?

Sure, you may have heard of Blackwater? US Army used them a lot in Iraq.

Master

I heard they were covering US president when he was visiting soldiers in conflict zones.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed