NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 815,883 times)

StayFrosty

StayFrosty

What are the updates on what neca is up to lately for the alien license? They have toned down what they produce by quite a percentage. I get the feeling they are almost done and will let the license expire soon? Any chance that they will keep going and are just buying time for a reasonable period to pass so that they can reproduce some of the same figures again?

I personally hope another company gets the licence soon, because I'm sick of neca's quality control issues. But if not, I wouldn't mind getting a second chance on some - hopefully improved - repaints.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

I think there are some background extras from the Ninja Turtles movie that don't have figures yet. Maybe after NECA takes care of them, they'll get back to Aliens.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

There's rumblings that NECA is done with the licenses and are wrapping up soon with their current releases.

I mentioned in the NECA Predator thread that I was informed that Feral will be their last Predator. This is likely the same case with the FTE being likely their last Alien figures.

We will have to see how it all plays out, but the trends of their recent releases is making this feel more true these days.

bobby brown

bobby brown

Well, They certainly made the most of it.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

So they lose the license as soon as they make a handful of good Aliens then? That's funny.

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

So, Neca is done with Fox related franchises? Well, that´s sad because we´ll never get the complete marine platoon from Aliens or the Wolf Predator Ultimate.
It was nice while it lasted.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

So what will the last Aliens be exactly? @Mike's Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Dec 05, 2022, 07:25:00 PMSo what will the last Aliens be exactly? @Mike's Monsters

Don't know that exactly, wish I did. Just heard rumblings it will be the FTE line being their last. We will see how it all plays out.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Still not seen any of the Fireteam stuff in any stores, or at any events in the UK yet. :(

Kane's other son

Kane's other son

NECA Alien figures are impossible to find over here and way too expensive for what they are, so I won't shed a tear if the license goes elsewhere.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kane's other son on Dec 06, 2022, 06:00:23 PMNECA Alien figures are impossible to find over here and way too expensive for what they are, so I won't shed a tear if the license goes elsewhere.

Same. They're $60-80 where I am, and still usually break right out of the package/have awful paint.

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Quote from: Kane's other son on Dec 06, 2022, 06:00:23 PMNECA Alien figures are impossible to find over here and way too expensive for what they are, so I won't shed a tear if the license goes elsewhere.
Yep, that´s the issue with Neca figures, aside the QC, not mention some as the assassin from the Predator 2018 movie are so easy to fell.

StayFrosty

StayFrosty

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Dec 06, 2022, 06:46:03 PMSame. They're $60-80 where I am, and still usually break right out of the package/have awful paint.

I think the paint jobs on the newer figures are quite good. Also, with neca you can't go wrong with putting your figures in near boiling water after opening them, before moving any parts. You simply have to do this, although that's not cool.

I sure hope another American owned company gets the license as soon as they can. Any guesses to whom it will be??

bobby brown

bobby brown

The quality control issue has more to do with the nature of the figure. First of all, it's a very brittle design with fine details. Second, it's the quality of the plastic, and that is determined by the price of the product. We want detailed authentic aliens, and we want them at a reasonable price, this is what we get.

Not that I don't feel you guys. Had plenty of figures break. it sucks.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I don't feel $80 is a reasonable price for the quality at all.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed