Predator prequel film with Hopper's team

Started by (Bad Blood), Sep 03, 2022, 01:09:46 AM

Author
Predator prequel film with Hopper's team (Read 2,924 times)

(Bad Blood)

They should definitely make a Predator prequel film with Jungle Hunter vs Jim Hopper and his team. We obviously know the ending but it would still be cool and we would get to see Jungle Hunter again. Or they could alternatively make a film about how he became known as The Demon who takes trophies of man, have him facing humans in that region.

Stitch

Sequel to Stranger Things, then?

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: Stitch on Sep 06, 2022, 10:25:38 PMSequel to Stranger Things, then?
basically yes lol.

Kradan

Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Sep 03, 2022, 01:09:46 AMThey should definitely make a Predator prequel film with Jungle Hunter vs Jim Hopper and his team.

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: Kradan on Sep 07, 2022, 06:52:17 AM
Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Sep 03, 2022, 01:09:46 AMThey should definitely make a Predator prequel film with Jungle Hunter vs Jim Hopper and his team.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/2d/f6/b7/2df6b7d355febcf53fec5c4de2296d46.jpg
🤣🤣🤣 it was just a thought I swear!

Corporal Hicks

I'm not sure it would be too interesting. By all accounts, the team got wiped out all at the same place.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 07, 2022, 08:22:42 AMI'm not sure it would be too interesting. By all accounts, the team got wiped out all at the same place.
Yeah honestly after I made this post I was thinking about how uninteresting the film would actually be. Not only would it be exceedingly short but also we would know the ending. Now if the local legend had been going around for some time, I could see doing a film in the past where some locals started going missing in the surrounding towns or villages. Kind of a ghost story with a Predator (Jungle Hunter) in it, more of a horror film.                              One man ends up seeing a glimpse of him and tries to convince the townspeople of something other than human being out there killing people. Obviously nobody would believe him and so when others see JH or take notice of missing people becoming too frequent, they send a party out to kill him. Ultimately they would die in the end. It would be the only predator film where the predator actually lives in the end, but it could work in that kind of setting. Base it around the 1940s or 50s but in that region.

Komenja

I think that idea could work as a short 20-30 minute film, or as a short story in another anthology like If It Bleeds/Eyes of the Demon. But yeah, I don't think you could get enough interesting stuff out of it for a full movie.

QuoteIt would be the only predator film where the predator actually lives in the end,
I'd really like to see that happen in a film in general.

SuperiorIronman

You could do a prequel with Hopper's men. I see a scenario where we see Hopper's team arrive, they die, and we follow someone else during the aftermath of Jungle Hunter and maybe the OWLF showing up.

So the beginning of the film is establishing what's up. A special forces unit is sent in, we see them slaughtered, and our hero sees this happen and haul ass since they're probably local and know what Jungle Hunter is. The film could be about them running since there are sections where Jungle Hunter isn't around in the original film. Or it takes place in the aftermath of Jungle Hunter where the OWLF arrive and want to see the crimescene and interview locals. Already an enemy and risking being put in a box for simply knowing what killed Hopper and his men as well as Dutch's team they become an enemy of the OWLF.

Given the situation with Gary Busey I'd be up for bringing Traeger back for our human bad guy.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 07, 2022, 08:22:42 AMI'm not sure it would be too interesting. By all accounts, the team got wiped out all at the same place.

Maybe they can cast Mary Elizabeth Winstead as their previously unmentioned CIA handler and she can survive at the end.

BlueMarsalis79

SiL

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 01, 2022, 01:09:14 AM

Maybe they can cast Mary Elizabeth Winstead as their previously unmentioned CIA handler and she can survive at the end.
She walks off right past where Dutch's team comes through the forest before finding the bodies, but she's behind a rock so nobody notices her.

BlueMarsalis79

The Thing prequel 2011, definitely one of the films of all time.

OpenMaw

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Oct 01, 2022, 12:24:32 PMThe Thing prequel 2011, definitely one of the films of all time.

It is definitely a motion picture with stuff in it.

I don't know. Far as these two franchises are concerned I'm (mostly) prequeled out. I guess with Predator, in the realm of anthology stories, there is room to do cool lower budget high-concept ideas. Predator vs Samurai, Predator in the Wild West. Predator in Iwo Jima, Predator was actually Jack the Ripper and someone took credit for his murders with those notes... I don't know. But tying something into the original film just seems ill-advised. As always.

Let the mystery breath. It's actually one of the reasons I actually somewhat prefer the Prey version of events. We didn't get a direct connection to Greyback. That one character wasn't potentially ruined with mischaracterization outside of the film he appears in.

Kradan

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Oct 01, 2022, 12:24:32 PMThe Thing prequel 2011, definitely one of the films of all time.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed