How would you rank the Predator movies after having seen Prey?

Started by predator88, Aug 05, 2022, 12:26:14 PM

Author
How would you rank the Predator movies after having seen Prey? (Read 10,587 times)

BlueMarsalis79

Except Chet, that's indeed as awful as the "The Predator" dogs, it's frankly an accomplishment in creating a walking insult to both franchises.

PredBabe

Quote from: happypred on Aug 25, 2022, 03:28:59 PMand the translated English from Assassin

I actually liked that concept... they're advanced enough and have been studying/hunting our kind long enough so it doesn't bother me to think they would have a translator of some kind.

Kradan

Quote from: happypred on Aug 25, 2022, 03:28:59 PMNothing in Requiem was as bad as the two impaled loonies shooting each other, Traeger blowing off his own head, the Predator bulldogs, and the translated English from Assassin

Naaah

exorcissy72

My rankings:

1. Predator
2. Prey
3. Predators and Predator 2 -- TIED! It really depends on my mood on which I like more. Some days it's Predators and others it's Predator 2, so I put them on the same field.
4. AvP
5. The Predator
6. AvP: R

I like the characters in The Predator more than AvP: R, so it just squeaks by as better.

Kradan

Good sport

BigDaddyJohn

BlueMarsalis79

But he's right though.

Yautja888

1. Predator/Predator 2

Komenja

Predator = Predator 2
Prey
Predators

<POWER GAP>

The Predator

Cosmic Incubation

1. Predator/Predator 2
2. Prey
3. AVP
4. Predators
5. AVPR
6. Literally anything else
7. The Predator

I get that Requiem is bad. But I just found The Predator so offensively bad, it felt like a genuine spit in the face of the franchise. The "Predator-killer" scene alone is worth putting at the bottom of the list. I'm not gonna argue that Requiem isn't bad, but I sit in the camp that there's at least some entertainment with Wolf and some of the action. And it felt like there was at least a crumb more respect and passion for the franchise. I just can't personally find anything I like in The Predator.

Komenja

Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Sep 03, 2022, 02:13:03 AMBut I just found The Predator so offensively bad, it felt like a genuine spit in the face of the franchise.

Same. I genuinely feel that TP is borderline antithetical to the rest of the series, it feels like it does it's damnedest to tear down everything that was cool about the creature, it's mythology, and it's unique aesthetic. Aside from Fugitive's escape scene, I have nothing good to say about that movie. I'll be happy if nothing from that movie is ever brought up or referenced again by later movies/games/comics/books/action figure bios/etc (okay fine, I don't mind if Fugitive and the Emissaries show up as skins like in HG), especially the DNA harvesting/splicing retcon.

Cosmic Incubation

Quote from: Komenja on Sep 03, 2022, 02:51:06 AM
Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Sep 03, 2022, 02:13:03 AMBut I just found The Predator so offensively bad, it felt like a genuine spit in the face of the franchise.

Same. I genuinely feel that TP is borderline antithetical to the rest of the series, it feels like it does it's damnedest to tear down everything that was cool about the creature, it's mythology, and it's unique aesthetic. Aside from Fugitive's escape scene, I have nothing good to say about that movie. I'll be happy if nothing from that movie is ever brought up or referenced again by later movies/games/comics/books/action figure bios/etc (okay fine, I don't mind if Fugitive and the Emissaries show up as skins like in HG), especially the DNA harvesting/splicing retcon.

I 100% agree!

RoguePred1987

Prey/Predator/Predator 2 are top tier for me, Predators just beneath those and The Predator at the bottom.

BlueMarsalis79

Pretty much, Prey may have even taken the franchise to a place of more "real feeling" filmmaking and tone that I could finally see AVP actually working under, that does not feel like the two franchises are clashing in style and instead could make a synthesis.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed