Official ALIEN Literature 2012 Reissues List (UPDATED w/ New Details!)

Started by Cvalda, Feb 14, 2012, 10:33:29 AM

Author
Official ALIEN Literature 2012 Reissues List (UPDATED w/ New Details!) (Read 55,031 times)

Herk Mondo

Just got my copy of the technical manual today.  I have wanted this for years, got it from Amazon for less than £8.  Brilliant, a lot more to read than I thought. Something to read on the toilet for the next few days! :)

;D

LarsVader

Quote from: LarsVader on May 29, 2012, 11:32:05 PM
Quote from: Glaive on May 29, 2012, 04:05:13 PM
f**k...two days ago my entire Alien consignment was shipping on the second...
Now 'Prometheus: The Art of the Film' has been pushed back to August 7th?!?

What BS is THIS???
Mine too!
Grrrrrrrrrrr >:(
But the date on german amazon is still unchanged, we will see...
It's back on schedule for amazon.co.uk and mine has been dispatched.

Corporal Hicks

Is that the normal edition? I ordered the fancy pants one and it's saying September for me.

LarsVader

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 09, 2012, 10:02:35 AM
Is that the normal edition? I ordered the fancy pants one and it's saying September for me.
This one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Prometheus-The-Art-Film-Tie/dp/1781161097
I assumed the fancy pants was dropped? (Pun intended.)
Do you have a link to the fancy edition?

LarsVader

LarsVader

QuoteHey Everyone! From what we've heard. there's been confusion concerning the different editions of Alien: The Illustrated Story by Archie Goodwin and Walter, slated for release this fall. Since I'm a member of the Titan Books editorial team, I thought I might be able to shed some light.

There will be two hardcover "Original Art" editions, printed the size of the original artwork (14" x 17"). These editions will showcase the black-and-white artwork exactly as it was drawn, down to the finest detail

One will be distributed by Diamond Comic Distribution, signed and numbered, limited to 2,300 copies. It was conceived to be exclusive to comic book stores--a boost to independent retailers who survive based on their ability to offer unique items. There'll be a special signature page, custom-illustrated by Walter, which will only appear in that edition, and it will have a suggested retail price of $75. By keeping the price down, we hope that more of Walter's fans will be able to afford it. It'll even include Archie's original script, kept by Walter since 1979!

Response to the "Original Art" edition was tremendous, and the online retailer Amazon asked for a wide-release edition. Knowing this would reach thousands more fans who would appreciate the Goodwin-Simonson material in all of its glory, Titan agreed, but stipulated that the edition would not be limited or signed--it won't even have the signature page illustration. As far as we know, it has never been solicited as being signed, and while it's got the same suggested retail price, due to Amazon's discount fans will be able to buy it for about $40.

For folks who simply want to read the Ridley Scott story--in full color, no less--there will be two versions of the trade paperback graphic novel, 8-1/2" x 14" trim, each priced at $14.95. One will be exclusive to comic book stores--a perfect replica of the original 1979 edition. It's perfect for comics collectors who want something historic. The other will be a new, 2012 edition of the same graphic novel. available to retailers everywhere, and thus to all fans.

I first ran across Goodwin and Simonson in Detective Comics, where I adored their "Manhunter" stories. On top of that, Walter is one of the nicest guys in comics (as was Archie). So I can't wait to see the new editions of Alien, and I'm really excited that we can share them with as many readers as is humanly possible. From everything I've heard, the books are beautiful. Walter has a lot of fans at Titan, so we're very serious about doing justice to his work (and Archie's). We hope you'll love the results.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
QuoteALIEN: The Illustrated Story release dates -- just got these from Titan.

The remastered color version will be released September 4th, 2012.

The Original Art Edition (unsigned) will be released October 26th, 2012.

The Original Art Edition (signed) will be released October 30th, 2012.
https://www.facebook.com/AlienTIS

Nightmare Asylum

Every time I read about this comic it seems more tempting to get.

Oh, would anyone recommend The Book of Alien? I'm actually considering getting that one, but I want to know if its any good.

predxeno

I'm pretty pissed right now, I just found out that amazon won't be giving away the limited edition of the Original Art edition  as originally planned (just a wide release version of it), the limited OA edition will be sold at $75 at specialty stores.  I don't have that kind of money and amazon was selling it at only $40, too.

SM

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 21, 2012, 03:08:28 AM
Every time I read about this comic it seems more tempting to get.

Oh, would anyone recommend The Book of Alien? I'm actually considering getting that one, but I want to know if its any good.

Darkness would.

Me, not so much.  It was a treasure trove for 20 years before the advent of DVD.  But pretty much everything in it has wound up in some shape or form on DVD or Blu-Ray.  It's nice, to be sure - just don't expect to learn anything new.

Nightmare Asylum

Hmm, might save my money and hold out for a while, then. Thanks for the response.

predxeno

From the official facebook site:

QuoteALIEN: The Illustrated Story release dates -- just got these from Titan.

The remastered color version will be released September 4th, 2012.

The Original Art Edition (unsigned) will be released October 26th, 2012.

The Original Art Edition (signed) will be released October 30th, 2012.

Cvalda

Just so you guys know, you can preorder the signed limited edition from Forbidden Planet here:
http://forbiddenplanet.com/91387-alien-the-illustrated-story-artists-edition-signed-hardcover-titan-edition/

Unfortunately, the price has shot up by half. When I ordered mine last night I got it for £26.99 (not including shipping). It has now gone up to £43.99.

predxeno

They made a mistake with the original price, that's why the price has shot up (it's been corrected).  That means that you were able to buy this book for half off of what it was supposed to be, you lucky swine.

Cvalda

Quote from: predxeno on Aug 16, 2012, 03:53:13 PM
They made a mistake with the original price, that's why the price has shot up (it's been corrected).  That means that you were able to buy this book for half off of what it was supposed to be, you lucky swine.
Look what I just found in my inbox. You jinxed me! >:(    :P

QuoteDear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for ordering:

2684345 Alien: The Illustrated Story: Artist's Edition (Signed Hardcover - Titan Edition)  QTY  1

We regret to inform you that there has been a price error from the publisher for this special edition.

Unfortunately, on this occasion we have cancelled the book on your order.

predxeno

Now that's just unfair, to retract someone's order just because the shipper made an error with the price. >:(

SM

Unfair perhaps, but you can't force them to sell it at the wrong price.

A discount on their part however would be good for PR.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed