Official ALIEN Literature 2012 Reissues List (UPDATED w/ New Details!)

Started by Cvalda, Feb 14, 2012, 10:33:29 AM

Author
Official ALIEN Literature 2012 Reissues List (UPDATED w/ New Details!) (Read 55,037 times)

Cvalda

ARGH. What the f**k, Titan? >:(

ShadowPred

Quote from: Darkness on May 29, 2012, 07:22:17 AM
I've done reviews of the new reprints out today here:

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/literature/reviews/the-book-of-alien/

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/literature/reviews/aliens-colonial-marines-technical-manual/

I'm definitely excited about the technical manual. I was hoping that one day they would re-release it, and that day has finally come.

I have one question though, has anything been added or removed from the original?

Darkness

Afraid not, they're just straight forward reprints.

ShadowPred

Quote from: Darkness on May 29, 2012, 02:29:00 PM

Thanks, I'll definitely be picking this up now, been wanting one ever since I heard about it on this site nearly a decade ago.

mace-in-the-face

You're shitting me. I paid close to $30.00 for a used copy of the Colonial Marine Manual off eBay last year, and now it is coming back out?

Why not?

Glaive

f**k...two days ago my entire Alien consignment was shipping on the second...
Now 'Prometheus: The Art of the Film' has been pushed back to August 7th?!?

What BS is THIS???

Cvalda

Quote from: Glaive on May 29, 2012, 04:05:13 PM

What BS is THIS???
Still says June 12th on Amazon for me ???

mndoss06

I think it's great that they're reissuing these out of print books. I got the CM technical manual way back when it first came out. It's a great book that goes into TONS of detail. I've still got my copy so I won't bother getting the reissue, especially if it's a straight reprint with only an updated cover.

AndrewJJ

My copy of the Tech Manual arrived from amazon today. I'm at work though so I haven't been able to check it out yet :(

Xenomrph

I'm really interested to find out if the new version is the same as the old one, or if they added/changed anything.

LarsVader

Quote from: Glaive on May 29, 2012, 04:05:13 PM

What BS is THIS???
Mine too!
Grrrrrrrrrrr >:(
But the date on german amazon is still unchanged, we will see...

AndrewJJ

Finally got to take a look at the Tech Manual this morning. The cover art is the original artwork, not that new artwork with the xeno from Alien Resurrection. I was really pleased to see that.  As for the book's content, I've never had a chance to read this, so I couldn't tell you if there are any differences.  But it's been reported that it's a straight reprint, so I highly doubt it.

SiL

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 29, 2012, 11:14:51 PM
I'm really interested to find out if the new version is the same as the old one, or if they added/changed anything.

Quote from: Darkness on May 29, 2012, 02:29:00 PM

Xenomrph

Alas, a missed opportunity.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed