Flop?

Started by KirklandSignature, May 30, 2012, 03:00:25 PM

Author
Flop? (Read 9,071 times)

NGR01

NGR01

Quote from: hfeldhaus on May 30, 2012, 10:20:12 PM
Although the French did create most film theory and analysis (mise-en-scene) they don't pay particular attention to sci-fi, they're a little behind the times

Oh please just shut up.
Do you know who is the major inspiration to Scott even in PROMETHEUS?
Moebius. You don't know shit about what the french know about SCIFI.
For exemple this is the main thing we do in graphic novels not f**king superheros.
Major Prometheus designs were done by David Levy a french dude.
A french dude is actually doing the storyboard of the foever war for Ridley Scott.
A french dude worked on the designs and prosthetics of the Engineers, he's called Martin Rezard.
A french Dude has been Ridley Scott storyboard artist for almost 20 yers his name is Sylvain Despretz and he's the best storyboard artist in the world, just ask around....

We know good scifi not cheesy blockbuster shit like battleshit and transformerde that americans crave so much...
We have a real culture, we have a real french touch in special effects that is looked all over the world.

Just tell me what do you do in life so i can have a good laugh.
I'm a previz artist, i had acess to PROMETHEUS storyboards month ago i even sent some to a mod of AVPgalaxy DARKNESS. So please just shut up about what you think you know about the french, about me and about movies in general.

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: NGR01 on May 30, 2012, 10:40:29 PM
Quote from: hfeldhaus on May 30, 2012, 10:20:12 PM
Although the French did create most film theory and analysis (mise-en-scene) they don't pay particular attention to sci-fi, they're a little behind the times

Oh please just shut up.
Do you know who is the major inspiration to Scott even in PROMETHEUS?
Moebius. You don't know shit about what the french know about SCIFI.
For exemple this is the main thing we do in graphic novels not f**king superheros.
Major Prometheus designs were done by David Levy a french dude.
A french dude is actually doing the storyboard of the foever war for Ridley Scott.
A french dude worked on the designs and prosthetics of the Engineers, he's called Martin Rezard.
A french Dude has been Ridley Scott storyboard artist for almost 20 yers his name is Sylvain Despretz and he's the best storyboard artist in the world, just ask around....

We know good scifi not cheesy blockbuster shit like battleshit and transformerde that americans carve so much...

You and I went exactly the same place.  I am sick of hearing people in about 4 forums dissing french sci-fi.  It just shows how unworldly some are.  Some of the best, abstract, purely f**ked up sci-fi is French people.  get on board and start reading before someone butchers "The Incal" for the North American market.

If anything, Prometheus might be too typical for the fanbase there.  Look at some of the Jodorowsky and Moebius stuff, their plans for Dune.  Read the original "Planet of the Apes".  they like way more f**ked up scifi then most. 

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Most of the people working on the VFX of Prometheus were french.
Even if they worked for a New Zealand - English studios.

Don't believe in stereotypes.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: armageddon on May 30, 2012, 04:24:24 PM
Don't think so. I mean, Avatar had the dumbest story anyone could cook up and it ended up being the most successful movie ever.

Properly marketed sci-fi movies are doing very weel these days and I'm convinced it's a good movie.

I just wish it would have been a great movie..
I'll go with that train of thought. Prometheus will be a blockbuster. However the difference between good and great can be nothing more than simple burn out. Also if there was any real deep meaning it would initially fly over the head of the average movie goer.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Quote from: NGR01 on May 30, 2012, 10:32:24 PM
Quote from: hfeldhaus on May 30, 2012, 06:28:50 PM
Quote from: NGR01 on May 30, 2012, 06:13:35 PM
Just kidding ;)

Another glowi,g review!!!!
Yay the movie must be awesome then.
Majority and critcs can't be wrong ;)

Well I trust the opinion of the majority and professional critics over yours. Since we found out more details of the story in the interviews you have been negative about the whole thing. You were never going to be pleased with this film no
matter how it ended

When you will realize that its not about trust (wtf does it have to do there we don't even know each other) and all about taste. As for knowing what I wanted of this movie i will just say that you are just again passing judgement on someone you don't know. We never discussed you and me, you just are repeating what you have read from thisisbethsetda.

You're just as dumb as the majority of moviegoers if you trust the majority and professional critics.
I never trust critics or the majority even when they go my way.
You just showed us that you have no personality.

And i'm not even talking about what i tought about the movie, this is not important.
Like i said many times but you people chosed to ignore, it's that my word is no gospel or universal truth.
BUT JUST MY VIEW. You can ignore it, but you can't ignore the scenes i described.
Just judge those scene and not my poor taste.
Be honest with you and try to make your brain work a little bit instead on relying onthe majority and proffessional critics LOL

Once again as long as the critics go you way they are trustfull LOL
Poor SOB you don't know what you're in for ^^

Think you may be taking me saying trust a little bit too literally you douche bag. Iv been reading these boards since AVPR and all i can recall is you turning your nose up at Prometheus. What i meant by 'trusting' the majority and critics over you was to emphasise my point. I dont want someone tell me how bad i film is because theyre a fan boy and the film doesnt play out to their little hopes and dreams. And you feel sorry for me? I feel sorry for you that you went into that film with your head up your arse. And i dont base my posts on who your are, i know i dont you, i basing them off of what you say, which is more often than not BS.

And as for my french post i wasnt talking about production or inspiration i was talking about critical analysis (why i referenced the mise-en-scene) i was purely saying how sci fi isnt as critically well received in france as it is in pther parts of europe such as germany and the UK. I was in no way slating the French, i was just pointing out why the french reviews are so much more negative.

NGR01

NGR01

The guy think french movie lovers and fans are stuck in la nouvelle vague.
Wake up man we hate la nouvelle vague.
We hate those f**king high and mighty critics from the intellectual medias.
Shut up about stuff you don't understand or know.

fiveways,
he probably havent heard of L'incal, Valerian, Bilal or even of the Metabaron LOL
I hate people that judge without knowing shit...

Don't bother guys the man has his head up his own ass.
He wants to brag like he knows but he's just another cluless sob whose world doesnt go further than the corner of his street.
Don't quote Jodorowsky you're going to blow his poor little mind ^^

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: NGR01 on May 30, 2012, 10:52:17 PM

fiveways,
he probably havent heard of L'incal, Valerian, Bilal or even of the Metabaron LOL

He wants to brag like he knows but he's just another cluless sob whose world doesnt go further than the corner of his street.

I actually just finished "Megalex" (Jodorowsky with Fred Beltran).  I was just release in english a couple weeks ago.  I wish my french was better [its been years and I barely remember it] just to read old metal hurlant in the language they were intended to be read in.

Lots of people talk Jodorowsky's Dune.  Few seem to know that most of those ideas ended up being carried on in his comcis with Moebius and others.

NGR01

NGR01

Quote from: fiveways on May 30, 2012, 11:07:56 PM

fiveways,

I actually just finished "Megalex" (Jodorowsky with Fred Beltran).  I wish my french was better [its been years and I barely remember it] just to read old metal hurlant in the language they were intended to be read in.

Lots of people talk Jodorowsky's Dune.  Few seem to know that most of those ideas ended up being carried on in his comcis with Moebius and others.

Did you know that MEGALEX was supposed to be drawn by Katsuhiro Otomo.
He even made one illustration of the main character.

Yeah METABARON is pure DUNE.
You know your stuff mate ;)

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: NGR01 on May 30, 2012, 11:11:01 PM
Quote from: fiveways on May 30, 2012, 11:07:56 PM

fiveways,

I actually just finished "Megalex" (Jodorowsky with Fred Beltran).  I wish my french was better [its been years and I barely remember it] just to read old metal hurlant in the language they were intended to be read in.

Did you know that MEGALEX was supposed to be drawn by Katsuhiro Otomo.
He even made one illustration of the main character.

Yeah METABARON is pure DUNE.
You know your stuff mate ;)

I didn't know that.  I am a huge Otomo fan.    Akira is kinda my Star Wars [I was.....I think 11 when it came out in canada in 1988.  I was one of the few manga fans around back then and bought every issue as it came out.  Only thing I kept from my childhood when my mom passed and I had to sell it all cause i didnt have space for it].  Jodorowsky and Otomo would probably cause my head to explode.

I try to know my stuff.  I follow good, weird scifi where ever it comes from, and seeing the amount of people on forums saying the french don't know sci-fi makes me really pissy.  It kinda shows how unworldly Scifi fans can be.

Mohawksinspace

Mohawksinspace

Just kidding ;)

To be fair no more wrong than your or anyone else's opinions.

NGR01

NGR01

Here is the illustration,
couldnt find bigger online.
it in his new artbook KABA 2 ;)

I worked a bit with Jodorowsky on an INCAL spin off called GORGO LE SALE.
He was insane to work with but he's a real genius that is for sure.
He would have probably came up with something insane fro PROMETHEUS LOL

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: NGR01 on May 30, 2012, 11:25:00 PM
Here is the illustration,
couldnt find bigger online.
it in his new artbook KABA 2 ;)

I worked a bit with Jodorowsky on an INCAL spin off called GORGO LE SALE.
He was insane to work with but he's a real genius that is for sure.
He would have probably came up with something insane fro PROMETHEUS LOL

Was that one ever printed in english [Gorgo Le Sale]?  I have most of the Incal stuff that has appeared in English.

And I need KABA 2[my girlfriend keeps trying to find me a copy of it without using ebay].  My copy of Kaba is falling apart I read it so much as a kid.

NGR01

NGR01

Quote from: Mohawksinspace on May 30, 2012, 11:24:10 PM
Just kidding ;)

To be fair no more wrong than your or anyone else's opinions.

That is what i'm saying.
But what happens is that some fans are hypocrites.
When the critics bash a movie they loven they hate them and say they are useless and don't matter.
When they praise it the very same fans will say, looks that great critic said it's awesome, he must be right.
I hate critics, i don't car if they praise or hate a movie i wanna see.
I just see it and make up my mind.
Also the argument the majority is always right is probably the lamest i've ever read, it makes me wanna reach the Goodwin point ;)

Again it's not abaout the reaction of some about me, i'm used to that now.
I just find that hypocrite attitude pretty laughable.

fiveways

fiveways

By read I mean looked at.  Heh.

NGR01

NGR01

Quote from: fiveways on May 30, 2012, 11:31:33 PM
By read I mean looked at.  Heh.

PM sent ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed