At this point what are your feelings? (Poll)

Started by Vickers, May 28, 2012, 09:23:34 PM

At this point what are your feelings?

OMFG, Prometheus is going to be epic! Nothing will change my mind!
16 (12.6%)
I am counting down the days but I will remain cautiously optimistic.
46 (36.2%)
I'm still pretty excited but there are a few concerns.
30 (23.6%)
My excitement for the film has gone down drastically.
24 (18.9%)
I'm very concerned and at this point I'm expecting it to be terrible.
11 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 126

Voting closed: Jun 07, 2012, 09:23:34 PM

Author
At this point what are your feelings? (Poll) (Read 8,898 times)

NGR01

Quote from: RoaryUK on May 29, 2012, 02:56:19 AM
Quote from: NGR01 on May 29, 2012, 01:13:10 AM
Quote from: PROM3TH3US on May 29, 2012, 12:45:14 AM
I have a feeling hard core Alien fans and some who's been dissecting it to death for the last few months will hate or be disappointed with this movie while most others casual viewers are going to enjoy it.  Me I think I'm going to enjoy it.  I never care for the Alien connection. A good movie is a good movie.

Only Dumb people think that an alien conenction would have made the movie good.
Those are stupid fanboys who wants to eat the same shit again and again.
This is not the problem here.

But yeah the casual audience is gonna have very good moment.
I rather have them praising a flawed but almost good movie like PROMETHEUS that those premium shit like BATTLESHIP, TRANSFORMERS.

Admittedly, I am one of those fan boys who wanted a prequel, but while I think there are more than enough connections  (Engineers, Juggernaught, Weyland, etc), I get the feeling from reviews Prometheus doesn't actually know what it is.  I don't really have a problem with the stand-alone movie, but I just wonder with all these 'connections' has an opportunity really been missed to re-create an interesting hark back to what started it all!  This is supposed to be the Engineers story yet a lot of what happens to them is apparently missing, something I imagined involved reverse engineering which could so easily have been applied to these humans in such a way that, because they have unknowingly meddled in the Aliens re-creation at this point in time, the outcome would be different again allowing Prometheus to go in another direction.  But instead it sounds like we get a lot of lose ends that don't go anywhere with creatures that do different things (which is fine) but don't appear to correlate at all, which isn't part of the Alien we recognise.... just my thoughts anyway!   

From what i've read of you i don't think you are one of those dumb fanboys i'm talking about.
The connection to Alien is really enough in the movie, you're gonna be satisfied.
THIS AN ALIEN MOVIE no doubt about it.
It's an ALIEN prequel/sidestory period.
From what i gather all the this is not ALIEN has also to do with money.
Scott is starting a new franchise, wich he's one of the main producer, he's gonna win a lot of cash fi it's successfull and have sequels. He no more a director for hire, it's his thing now.
You see what i mean.

You kinda touched what i now know didnt like in the movie.
I stil think that the Human Engineer/prometheus would have made a great twist and give a purpose to Peter Weyland.
But now i amin peace with that idea. Its ok they did not go that way.l
But now that the dust have settled i know what Scott wanted to do and he succeded.
I just had wished that he did not go "cheap" on our asses, sayits because he wanted to keep the mystery on some things.
THERE IS NO MYSTERY!!!!
If you know ALIEN like i think you do you are going to connect the dot like i did.
Scott chosed not to adress one of the coolest thing in the movie.
That would have led to a great final act.
I KNOW now that it was the original plans but Scott choosed not to do it.
Still wonder why?
Maybe it will be adressed in PROMETHEUS 2.
But f**k why he did not do it now.
It would have been awesome for the ALIEN fans and still the movie would have been going on another path in its final moments. I now know what i didnt like, really feels like a relief.

Hard to not dweel into spoiler to explain it to you guys ^^

escroto

So Cameron will be directing the sequel and again send to hell all the good things related to the monsters like he did back in 1986? :laugh:

Well at least we know CM hadn't been created yet :laugh:, so another f**king bug hunt is going to be a lot more difficult now. He might have to put even an effort on the script and all!, maybe that's just too much for him and has to wait to do the third entry of the series better xD

Mastes1

Quote from: escroto on May 29, 2012, 11:09:26 AM
So Cameron will be directing the sequel and again send to hell all the good things related to the monsters like he did back in 1986? :laugh:

Well at least we know CM hadn't been created yet :laugh:, so another f**king bug hunt is going to be a lot more difficult now. He might have to put even an effort on the script and all!, maybe that's just too much for him and has to wait to do the third entry of the series better xD
You are talking like Cameron is Paul WS Anderson or something, Cameron is a geneus and in ALIENS made a film as good or better than the first while he could of just took the easy route and done a haunted house movie.
Also ALIENS is one of the most quoted movies ever so i find it funny you mentioning script problems with him.
I wish Cameron would of directed Prometheus instead of Scott now, at least there would be no doub't of the film being a great film and an awesome ride as oppose to this slow and boring film that it looks like Scott has given us.

szkoki

prometheusES?

Gash

Quote from: Mastes1 on May 29, 2012, 11:20:49 AM

You are talking like Cameron is Paul WS Anderson or something, Cameron is a geneus and in ALIENS made a film as good or better than the first while he could of just took the easy route and done a haunted house movie.
Also ALIENS is one of the most quoted movies ever so i find it funny you mentioning script problems with him.
I wish Cameron would of directed Prometheus instead of Scott now, at least there would be no doub't of the film being a great film and an awesome ride as oppose to this slow and boring film that it looks like Scott has given us.

I don't want to see the Prometheus you clearly want to see. The selling point to this film - R. Scott above all else.

ThisBethesdaSea

ALIENS is in no way better than ALIEN. Not now, not ever.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 29, 2012, 11:34:54 AMALIENS is in no way better than ALIEN. Not now, not ever.

High five. Prometheus, even if it is total shit, won't change that fact either.

Mastes1

Mastes1

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 29, 2012, 11:34:54 AM
ALIENS is in no way better than ALIEN. Not now, not ever.
It is to me, they are both amazing films that are as good as each other then it simply comes down to what you prefer, the slow brooding horror of ALIEN or the fast adrenaline filled action of ALIENS, i side with the action but both films are in my top 5 best films.
Also there used to be a poll on this very website (it may still be here in one of the other forums) asking which ALIEN film users prefered and ALIENS had something like 70% of the votes so there you are. :)

Quote from: Gash on May 29, 2012, 11:33:40 AM
Quote from: Mastes1 on May 29, 2012, 11:20:49 AM

I don't want to see the Prometheus you clearly want to see. The selling point to this film - R. Scott above all else.
Actually i wanted a slow sci-fi horror film like we were promised not a horror film without any horror or deaths or a film that has questions and themes that lead nowhere like it seems we have (if the French reviews are right).

Mechafist

Watch Alien if you want to watch an Horror movie.

Watch Aliens if you want to watch an Action movie.

Watch Resurrection if you want to make shit by your mouth.

You can't compare an action movie with an horror movie it doesn't make any sense  :P

Mastes1

Quote from: Mechafist on May 29, 2012, 11:55:04 AM
Watch Alien if you want to watch an Horror movie.

Watch Aliens if you want to watch an Action movie.

Watch Resurrection if you want to make shit by your mouth.

You can't compare an action movie with an horror movie it doesn't make any sense  :P
lol i love the Ressurection bit, its so true and makes ALIEN 3 seem amazing in comparison.
Well yeah i agree but i wasn't the one that started the comparison and both films are amazing films anyway imo and they compliment each other fantasticly.

escroto

Quote from: Mastes1 on May 29, 2012, 11:20:49 AMI wish Cameron would of directed Prometheus instead of Scott now, at least there would be no doub't of the film being a great film and an awesome ride as oppose to this slow and boring film that it looks like Scott has given us
this made my day :laugh:

Mastes1

Quote from: escroto on May 29, 2012, 12:22:25 PM
Quote from: Mastes1 on May 29, 2012, 11:20:49 AMI wish Cameron would of directed Prometheus instead of Scott now, at least there would be no doub't of the film being a great film and an awesome ride as oppose to this slow and boring film that it looks like Scott has given us
this made my day :laugh:
Thats the impression that alot of the French reviews gave me, i hope i'm dead wrong.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

The recent reviews and spoilers suggest that this film attempts to walk a line between the paradoxical 'not an Alien film' and 'truly an Alien prequel' chasm and f**ks it up royally. What is left is nothing more that a decent sci-fi film with fancy imagery. A bit of a...

...perhaps?

TimmyTurnersDad

I remain optimistic for the film, and I'm not really disappointed by what I've come across in the spoilers, save for a couple of specific details. NGR01's referring to the film as a 'great appetizer' makes me think that the film might be more pleasing to fans down the road when/if the sequel (aka 'the main course') is released and treat both films as a 'two-part' tale.

Also, in response to whoever suggested the film would be better off with Cameron directing: I respectfully disagree, though I am a fan of both Ridley and Cameron's works.

ryanjayhawk

Wish I hadn't read this thread... because apparently people who have read the reviews felt like dishing out information about them without spoiler tags, you guys rock!  ::)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed