*spoiler* Henriksen In Prometheus After All??

Started by ThisBethesdaSea, May 14, 2012, 02:52:24 AM

Author
*spoiler* Henriksen In Prometheus After All?? (Read 2,818 times)

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

http://www.craveonline.com/film/articles/188515-lance-henriksen-will-appear-in-prometheus-after-all

"

Although his career dates back into the 1970s, with appearances in films like Dog Day Afternoon and Close Encounters of the Third Kind, actor Lance Henriksen finally got his breakout role in 1986's Aliens, directed by James Cameron. As the synthetic person "Bishop," Henriksen turned heads as the character who may or may not be programmed to betray the heroes of the film, and went on to appears in both Alien 3 (1992) and Alien vs. Predator (2004), as well as several video game adaptations of the hit franchise. Last year, in an interview with Dread Central, Henriksen appeared to quell the rumors that he would return to the series once again in Ridley Scott's upcoming pseudo-prequel Prometheus. His own report now appears to have been greatly exaggerated, as Henriksen himself said in this weekend's roundtable promoting the animated television series "TRON Uprising." The following news, if true, should be considered a mild SPOILER.

CraveOnline's own Fred Topel was on hand to report right away on the development. Take it away, Fred!

"Somebody through the grapevine, I heard that they're using a digital version of me to describe history," Henriksen said while promoting the TV series "TRON Uprising" in which he voices the character Tesler.

No word on whether the Henriksen footage will be as Bishop, Weyland or yet another new character. The actor himself is waiting to see the footage, as are his representatives.

"Very interesting, I can't wait to see it," Henriksen said. "Neither can my manager."

The rest of our Lance Henriksen interview about "TRON Uprising" will appear soon in CraveOnline's TV Channel."

ChrisPachi

Not a chance. That would be even more ridiculous than casting him as Weyland in AVP.

ThisBethesdaSea

So then they're lying about the "waiting for footage" line?

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 14, 2012, 02:58:06 AMSo then they're lying about the "waiting for footage" line?

They must be, or they are just extrapolating his words, which we have no real context for. Henriksen would have to be cast as Bishop, or the creator of Bishop, and he doesn't exist yet.

But that's just my feeling. I call bogus.

EDIT: Didn't he also say the same thing in denying his involvement ages ago. I remember his words were very similar, to the effect of "if I am in it I would love to see it, and so would my manager". He's taking the piss IMO.

ThisBethesdaSea

Why I 'could' believe this is because the promotional vehicle has been full of misinformation. I think anything is possible.

RoyaleDuke

Hmm, interesting but I doubt it as I don't see how it would make any sense.

Snowdog

Just stumbled upon this article. Don't know if it's true but i thought i'll just post it.

http://www.craveonline.com/film/articles/188515-lance-henriksen-will-appear-in-prometheus-after-all

QuotePrometheus After All?
Henriksen looks set to make his fourth appearance in the Alien franchise, but even he doesn't know the details.
By Fred Topel May 13, 2012
SHARE THIS STORY

Although his career dates back into the 1970s, with appearances in films like Dog Day Afternoon and Close Encounters of the Third Kind, actor Lance Henriksen finally got his breakout role in 1986's Aliens, directed by James Cameron. As the synthetic person "Bishop," Henriksen turned heads as the character who may or may not be programmed to betray the heroes of the film, and went on to appears in both Alien 3 (1992) and Alien vs. Predator (2004), as well as several video game adaptations of the hit franchise. Last year, in an interview with Dread Central, Henriksen appeared to quell the rumors that he would return to the series once again in Ridley Scott's upcoming pseudo-prequel Prometheus. His own report now appears to have been greatly exaggerated, as Henriksen himself said in this weekend's roundtable promoting the animated television series "TRON Uprising." The following news, if true, should be considered a mild SPOILER.

CraveOnline's own Fred Topel was on hand to report right away on the development. Take it away, Fred!

"Somebody through the grapevine, I heard that they're using a digital version of me to describe history," Henriksen said while promoting the TV series "TRON Uprising" in which he voices the character Tesler.

No word on whether the Henriksen footage will be as Bishop, Weyland or yet another new character. The actor himself is waiting to see the footage, as are his representatives.

"Very interesting, I can't wait to see it," Henriksen said. "Neither can my manager."

The rest of our Lance Henriksen interview about "TRON Uprising" will appear soon in CraveOnline's TV Channel.

Xenomorphine

Interesting... But from the quote, it seems he hasn't confirmed he's been filmed, just that he's heard a digital replica of him shall apparently be used.

One would expect he needs to know for sure, because he has to give permission for likeness to be used.

If true, it's nice to know, in any case. Either, once and for all, this is something which proves the Ridley-Scott-will-in-no-way-acknowledge-'Aliens'-as-canon rumour wrong (which I've never understood) or he's including a Charles Weyland reference as Peter's father/uncle/whatever.

I've got no problems with either.

Valaquen

Maybe ... a post-David blueprint sort of thing.

Snowdog

Yeah if it's true i would love it. The only problem i have with it though is that if lance plays peter's father. avp will be canon. at least that's what it looks like then.

RoaryUK

Ain't gonna happen for me also.... why are people so sure this connects with ALIENS, if this did turn out to be true, what if Henrikson happens to be human. That could be a nod to Alien3 or even the dreaded AvP, which FOX doesn't confirm or deny!

Valaquen

I think that, if given the option to either nod towards Aliens, as the promotional material has done to great effect, or to nod towards AVP, which the promotional material hasn't done at all to the relief of most, would be a seriously ridiculous misfire.

RustiSwordz

I cant see Lance being involved with this. With the amount of work he's involved in it could be anything.

Valaquen

Quote from: RustiSwordz on May 14, 2012, 10:22:54 AM
I cant see Lance being involved with this. With the amount of work he's involved in it could be anything.
The article says Lance isn't directly involved.

RustiSwordz

Involved or not its his Image/face/voice digital avatar thing... it could be used for anything.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed