'Not One Frame' Of Prometheus Will Be Cut Says Tom Rothman

Started by ikarop, Apr 26, 2012, 09:47:17 PM

Author
'Not One Frame' Of Prometheus Will Be Cut Says Tom Rothman (Read 34,995 times)

Michael Harper

Off-Topic, but, I wonder if we're actually gonna get any more posters! We've had one poster, and there's only just over a month until release.

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: Deuterium on Apr 26, 2012, 10:13:35 PM
I hate to play the pessimist, or cynic...however, Tom Rothman's statement remains absolutely true if a studio can submit two or more "cuts" of a film for the MPAA to review.  If the MPAA gives one a PG-13 rating, and another an "R" rating, then Rothman can choose to release the PG-13 version without "making any cuts".

I am not sure if this is a possibility...for all I know the MPAA may only allow submission of a single "cut",  which they will review and make recommendations/judgements.  Does anyone know if multiple cuts of a film can be jointly submitted to the MPAA for review?
"Not one frame of Prometheus will be cut. If that means it's an R rating, so be it."

I believe they can submit something, and if they don't get the rating they want they can change it up and submit it again.

Virgil

Thanks to both ikarop and Snowdog for the videos.  :)

Very interesting watch. Rothman seems passionate about the Movie (quite obviously). Lets just hope that he sticks to what he says.

But please Tom, don't keep emphasising this isn't an Alien film. Your Movies website just stuck up a big picture of a frickin' Power Loader.

Predaker

Quote from: Virgil_uk on Apr 26, 2012, 10:43:55 PM
Thanks to both ikarop and Snowdog for the videos.  :)

Very interesting watch. Rothman seems passionate about the Movie (quite obviously). Lets just hope that he sticks to what he says.

But please Tom, don't keep emphasising this isn't an Alien film. Your Movies website just stuck up a big picture of a frickin' Power Loader.
...and a pulse rifle with a barrel long enough to perform a colonoscopy.

mastermoon

Wow so Prometheus will be Rated-R thats great news :).

Snowdog

Quote from: mastermoon on Apr 26, 2012, 11:13:15 PM
Wow so Prometheus will be Rated-R thats great news :).

No confirmation yet but a big chance indeed. At least we know that the movie will be untouched.

mastermoon

Wow untouched is good news, AVP never had that coming.

Snowdog

avp didn't have big names either. And Prometheus is a great chance for Fox for getting a "new" succesfull franchise.

Don Dorris

Don Dorris

This is interesting

Virgil

Quote from: Harvey Weinstein on Apr 26, 2012, 11:23:16 PM
Though this will sound cynical, he's probably only saying that because he's already seen it and knows that nothing will need to be cut to get a PG-13.

The thought had crossed my mind.

Gash

Interesting that he chose to drop ALIEN from the title - which as suspected suggests that a disassociation from the drivel of AVP and AVP:R (and probably A:R for that matter) was seen as a necessity for the film to be treated on it's own merits and not tarnished by (recent) association.

Snowdog

Quote from: Harvey Weinstein on Apr 26, 2012, 11:23:16 PM
Though this will sound cynical, he's probably only saying that because he's already seen it and knows that nothing will need to be cut to get a PG-13.

If that is true and it is indeed the intended cut i can live with that. Judging from the trailer it will be adult. And if Ridley ended up with a PG13 movie without cutting the whole movie up i'm perfectly fine with that. But i don't want a terminator salvation or a messed up cut movie.

LiquidMonster

No way this will come out "R" rated.

I believe Ridley filmed a very intense PG-13 film with Rothman making it well known they'd prefer a PG-13 cut all the while.

I don't have a problem with this. I'm of the firm opinion that "Alien" today would probably get a PG-13. The only possible issue being the chestburster scene. Not sure how much blood is allowed via PG-13.

Snowdog

Quote from: LiquidMonster on Apr 26, 2012, 11:48:01 PM
I don't have a problem with this. I'm of the firm opinion that "Alien" today would probably get a PG-13. The only possible issue being the chestburster scene.

you're forgetting the headbites. Alien would still be rated R i'm afraid.

mastermoon

Quote from: LiquidMonster on Apr 26, 2012, 11:48:01 PM
No way this will come out "R" rated.

I believe Ridley filmed a very intense PG-13 film with Rothman making it well known they'd prefer a PG-13 cut all the while.

I don't have a problem with this. I'm of the firm opinion that "Alien" today would probably get a PG-13. The only possible issue being the chestburster scene. Not sure how much blood is allowed via PG-13.

The AVP movies had huge problems with there ratings, AVP was too watered down then when they made AVPR that movie had pointless gore scenes just to give an R-Rating.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed